CB Anterio Sloan

Yahoo has the story about how he committed:

Four-star cornerback makes his pledge

Sometimes recruiting can be as simple as a phone call. Four-star cornerback Anterio Sloan out of West Helena (Ark.) Central had a great phone call on Saturday. Good enough in fact that Sloan decided he was ready to end his recruitment.

Sloan’s phone conversation on Saturday was with Nebraska defensive backs coach Marvin Sanders. Following that conversation, Sloan made a big decision.

“I went on and made the decision and I’m going to Nebraska,” Sloan said on Saturday evening. More

Sander Claus? Well, it is snowing.

One of hawgsports administrators (Trey Biddy) posted it on the premium forum yesterday. LSU verbally offered on the 26th, Maryland and WVU verbally offered on the 27th.

Arkansauce, what a great name... :clap

Hey can you post any film of Sloan?

All I can say is to be 5'8" 165 and be a 5.8 rated 4*...the kid must really be a great player.

haha thanks

I've heard nothing but great things about Sloan, he's faster than his time is being reported on rivals too. He's a big time pick up and whoever recruited himfor you guys deserves major kudos. Its really rare to get a commit, espeically from a 4 star, that hasnt even seen your campus yet.

One phone call?

Eeesh. I'd be really surprised if he stays firm for the next 10 months. He hasn't even visited yet.

Stay tuned...

Sort of what I thought. But at least Sanders made a 'really' good impression. Holding him will be key. Until we get farther down the road, this can only be construed as a 'soft' verbal. (Don't you just love the 4 levels? 'soft verbal' 'verbal' 'solid verbal' 'signed'.) But the red and white spring scrimmage should further bolster his enthusiasm. And as we know, all verbals have to be catered to and contact maintained until the LOI is signed ten months from now. Yes, he will continue to get calls and letters from other programs continuously. The NU staff is used to routinely dealing with it anyway. So it is still a job holding the verbals as the collect them.

The kid wants to be a pharmacist. Gotta think he has an IQ.

But I would like to add this one grey phrase from the Yahoo story:

“I think I’m pretty much through,” he said.

How do you interpret that? Soft verbal?

i would take that as verbal... not solid, but not soft... just my opinion and only time will tell, but i just figure if it was soft it'd be "I'm commited to NU right now" or "I really like what they said but there's still time"