Things I want to see against Arkansas State

I realize we had no real reason to pressure FAU's QB last week, but I'm curious to see some of that this week. I just would like to get an idea of how good we will be at pressuring the QB this year. I have a feeling with some of the new guys we have on the team, we will be pretty darn good at it.

I'd like to see Zac Lee roll out of the pocket a bit more and also run with the ball more. I'd also like to see more rhythm in the offense and see how well Lee does with the short passing game.

It's kind of hard to get an idea of how good the offense is going to be this year, because we typically play so vanilla early in the season in an effort not to expose our playbook. I'm just itching to see what these guys are really capable of.

Lots of positives from the game on Saturday, but there are things that need to be shored up and fixed if we want to compete with VT in Blacksburg, AKA Blackwater.

Here's what I want to see:

1) More PR and KR yards. Paul had one okay return, but nothing to get too excited about, especially considering the opponent. Going into VT and conference play, field position will be a big deal and would give our offense (and defense) a huge advantage.

2) Better rushing defense. That was way too many yards to give up to FAU on the ground. Granted, there were alot of rush attempts, but if FAU can gain 135 yards rushing against us, what are some of the better rushing teams going to do against us?

3) No turnovers.

4) Better pass protection.

5) FAU hung 236 yards passing on our D. If FAU is hanging 236 yards passing on us, what are other Big 12 teams going to do?

Yeah, I know. I'm nit picky. But these are the things I will be looking for against Arkansas State.

Stuff the run

Run over there defense

A big punt or kickoff return

NO DROPPED PASSES

I would like to see us demoralize Ark St so badly, that Va Tech actually pee's themselves...

Agreed! :laughpound

1. More Niles Paul

2. Out of the huddle quicker

3. Game out of reach by the 3rd

4. More defensive turnovers

5. Fewer total yards allowed

6. Dominance by the D-LIne

I think this one sums up my own thoughts nicely, but will add no injuries, and improvements in execution across the board that are allegedly to take place between game 1 and game 2.

I realize we had no real reason to pressure FAU's QB last week,

What kind of comment is this?

There is a REAL REASON to put pressure on a QB EVERY game!!

Making excuses for ineptitude doesn't cut it.

Does destroying a team by 46 points "cut it?"

So when we're up three, four, five scores, we should be going balls-to-the-wall trying to paste their QB? Sure, let's go smash the kid up for the next two weeks. That's reasonable.

I realize we had no real reason to pressure FAU's QB last week,

What kind of comment is this?

There is a REAL REASON to put pressure on a QB EVERY game!!

Making excuses for ineptitude doesn't cut it.

Does destroying a team by 46 points "cut it?"

So when we're up three, four, five scores, we should be going balls-to-the-wall trying to paste their QB? Sure, let's go smash the kid up for the next two weeks. That's reasonable.

The Huskers didn't paste the FAU QB the entire game...count 'em.....ZERO sacks.