The Sky is NOT Falling!

Did any of you watch the FSU vs. Miami game?? Did you notice the talent on the field compared to Nebraska?? This is our senior class that will be going down to play Miami. And they are going to make us look like pee wees.

I am a firm believer that 4.2 and 4.3 players > discipline in college football 8 out of 10 times.

would you care to reassess your views regarding the "talent" that played in that game (and its relation to winning football games) in light of FSU's big win over jacksonville state today?

Did any of you watch the FSU vs. Miami game?? Did you notice the talent on the field compared to Nebraska?? This is our senior class that will be going down to play Miami. And they are going to make us look like pee wees.

I am a firm believer that 4.2 and 4.3 players > discipline in college football 8 out of 10 times.

would you care to reassess your views regarding the "talent" that played in that game (and its relation to winning football games) in light of FSU's big win over jacksonville state today?

I knew i was trying to find that post.. I couldn't remember where it was! But yes.. such talented team dominating that lesser opponent with inferior talent.....

Freeman will be a bust in the NFL.........write it down. Jamarcus Russell is struggling and he had twice the career at LSU, Freeman is garbage.

I've been a Freeman fan ... I was bummed when we lost him. I think he has intangibles that could make him effective ... if he is given time to adjust and pick it up.

He kinda reminds me of Justin Gage from Mizzou ... in that, he killed us (Huskers) and was a stud in college ... but could he be a good pro. Well, 3-4 years later and he has "picked up the game" and seems to be making an impact as a pro. It's obviously a lot tougher to do that at the QB position in the NFL.

My hope is that Josh can do that ... given that time. Don't know if he will be given that chance ... but when I look at Aaron Rodgers ... I see a guy who was given a chance to let things sink in and learn from a "great". Matt Shaub was the same (now in Houston) and I'd say the same about Cassel developing under Brady.

To me, it's not just Freeman's ability, or any QB for that matter ... but the time and input he gets in development. Isn't that really the same thing in the college game ... guys getting "red shirted" and given time to pick up the game at that level and transition?

To me, seems like would be true for someone like Freeman or Russell. I agree with Daminal ... Oakland would have done better to trade down and see about getting him later ... if that was there guy.

I'm not gonna be a Freeman hater though ... just because he switched to K-State. I think he could make a good pro QB, certainly exciting like McNabb is his better years.

We will see.

SheepdogMark

Freeman will be a bust in the NFL.........write it down. Jamarcus Russell is struggling and he had twice the career at LSU, Freeman is garbage.

I've been a Freeman fan ... I was bummed when we lost him. I think he has intangibles that could make him effective ... if he is given time to adjust and pick it up.

He kinda reminds me of Justin Gage from Mizzou ... in that, he killed us (Huskers) and was a stud in college ... but could he be a good pro. Well, 3-4 years later and he has "picked up the game" and seems to be making an impact as a pro. It's obviously a lot tougher to do that at the QB position in the NFL.

My hope is that Josh can do that ... given that time. Don't know if he will be given that chance ... but when I look at Aaron Rodgers ... I see a guy who was given a chance to let things sink in and learn from a "great". Matt Shaub was the same (now in Houston) and I'd say the same about Cassel developing under Brady.

To me, it's not just Freeman's ability, or any QB for that matter ... but the time and input he gets in development. Isn't that really the same thing in the college game ... guys getting "red shirted" and given time to pick up the game at that level and transition?

To me, seems like would be true for someone like Freeman or Russell. I agree with Daminal ... Oakland would have done better to trade down and see about getting him later ... if that was there guy.

I'm not gonna be a Freeman hater though ... just because he switched to K-State. I think he could make a good pro QB, certainly exciting like McNabb is his better years.

We will see.

SheepdogMark

Not sure I agree with that comment, Freeman's collegiate record wasn't very good and included an 0-3 mark vs. the Huskers. I don't know about the intangibles with him, read a lot of stories about how he was very private with his team and likes to stay isolated on the sidelines from everyone. Not that you have to be super vocal to be a good team leader, but you would think as the QB you need to at least communicate with your fellow team mates during a game. The young man has talent, time will tell what he becomes.

How did those "talented" FSU players fair against a big power house of a team who calls themselves Jacksonville State?

That pretty much blows your theory completely out of the water!

How did those "talented" FSU players fair against a big power house of a team who calls themselves Jacksonville State?

Pretty sure we going to be playing Miami not FSU.

Pretty sure we going to be playing Miami not FSU.

Pretty sure axl was talking about the combined talent on the field. Not just Miami. See the bold content. Speed doesn't win games unless you're playing a video game. The speed has to have coaching and discipline to be able to triumph over the lesser speed. There is a reason the "best" team doesn't win every game every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody see Miami last night?? They are back!!!

Dear Axl Sued Me:

Talent/Team

Miami < VaTech < Nebraska

Va Tech beat Nebraska. <_<

Yep. Sure did. And we were also the better team. Even VaTech fans will tell you that.

Moral victory. <_<

In then end, the scoreboard is what matters. Not the fans.

Who is claiming a victory of any sort . . . moral or otherwise? We're here talking talent and the fact of the matter is we were more talented than VaTech who was more talented than Miami . . . a team you said would make us look like peewees.