The Sky is NOT Falling!

Did any of you watch the FSU vs. Miami game?? Did you notice the talent on the field compared to Nebraska?? This is our senior class that will be going down to play Miami. And they are going to make us look like pee wees.

Really? I watched that entire game and I was not that impressed.

Wearing your BIG RED blinders??

Florida State and Miami have always been fast and athletic. It still hasn't kept Florida State from losing to Wake Forest 3 years in a row or Miami from losing to NC State 2 years in a row.

I would say that you have blinders on, as your view of recruiting and college football is very narrow indeed.

Did any of you watch the FSU vs. Miami game?? Did you notice the talent on the field compared to Nebraska?? This is our senior class that will be going down to play Miami. And they are going to make us look like pee wees.

Florida State and Miami have always been fast and athletic. It still hasn't kept Florida State from losing to Wake Forest 3 years in a row or Miami from losing to NC State 2 years in a row.

I would say that you have blinders on, as your view of recruiting and college football is very narrow indeed.

I'm well aware of their losses. That can be blamed on coaching down there. Nebraska has a great staff but needs talent if we ever want to see them in a NC game.

Well considering we don't play Miami till 2014 I think we will be just fine. Hell Compton, Fisher, all of those recruits will be gone. My point is that is so far in the future, its a pretty uneducated statement to say they will make us look like pee wees. If we keep recruiting and developing the way we have been since Pelini got here I think we will be just fine.

Why would big red blinders change how I evaluate Miami and FSU's talent? I watched as a disinterested college football fan, not a fan of either team. I don't think either belong in the top 25 either as teams or in terms of overall talent.

D listers.

But your right, it's not falling. The staff is doing their best to keep it up with duct tape.

Yeah because we all know that stars mean so much in a recruits talent! :dumdum:sarcasm

No, but stealing a recruit right out of the pockets of McNeese State, Toledo, and Louisiana-Monroe does. :rolleyes:

These guys were all recruited by Mizzou, Okie St, Standford, Utah, Arizona, Arizona St., Texas A&M and in Ashburn's case, LSU was playing a wait and see during his senior year. You'll never be satisfied until we get guys that Florida, Texas, OU and USC recruit, which may never happen. Talent is not based on how many stars Rivals and ESPN hand out and I have a feeling that the coaches here know a little more than you do.

Actually, I won't be satisfied until we get players that will get us to the NC. I was very happy with last year's class. But we are not even close to that this year.

D listers.

But your right, it's not falling. The staff is doing their best to keep it up with duct tape.

Yeah because we all know that stars mean so much in a recruits talent! :dumdum:sarcasm

No, but stealing a recruit right out of the pockets of McNeese State, Toledo, and Louisiana-Monroe does. :rolleyes:

These guys were all recruited by Mizzou, Okie St, Standford, Utah, Arizona, Arizona St., Texas A&M and in Ashburn's case, LSU was playing a wait and see during his senior year. You'll never be satisfied until we get guys that Florida, Texas, OU and USC recruit, which may never happen. Talent is not based on how many stars Rivals and ESPN hand out and I have a feeling that the coaches here know a little more than you do.

Actually, I won't be satisfied until we get players that will get us to the NC. I was very happy with last year's class. But we are not even close to that this year.

I would like to hear why you think that this year's class is inferior to last year's. From my uneducated eye and the articles that I've read, I think that this year's class is shaping up to be quite similar to last year's and the composition is again mainly made up of players from winning programs with solid, if not spectacular offers and good measurables.

Is this a good time to point you to these two threads from last year then, when everyone was freaking out about our class around this time?

While it doesn't seem like our recruiting results have changed much, Axl's opinions sure have.

I do believe in recruiting rankings. But with that being said, I'm pretty happy with the way this staff is recruiting considering how far Nebraska is off the map with the kind of year they had last year. Face it, Nebraska will never be a team that pulls in top talent even when they suck because of their location and the population or lack there of. I think the recruiting is going just fine. When the wins start coming, the top recruits start coming.

:dunno what happened in a year Axl?

I do believe in recruiting rankings. But with that being said, I'm pretty happy with the way this staff is recruiting considering how far Nebraska is off the map with the kind of year they had last year. Face it, Nebraska will never be a team that pulls in top talent even when they suck because of their location and the population or lack there of. I think the recruiting is going just fine. When the wins start coming, the top recruits start coming.

hahah.. i just quoted that post and got ready to ask the same thing... beat me to it...

hahah.. i just quoted that post and got ready to ask the same thing... beat me to it...

What has changed?? Dig up some more of my posts and you'll find where I have said (more than once) that I don't believe in recruiting rankings. Still don't. However, I look at other things like other schools that are interested, where this kid plays in H.S. and the competition they play. I have said that.

I have higher expectations for this class because we were winning. But we have no momentum from a recruitng standpoint. We go so long without getting a commitment, and we finally get one from a kid that we would normally have walk on.

We did have this many commits during the same time last year, but the difference is, we had a lot of GOOD recruits in our radar that had interest in coming to Nebraska. This year, not so many.

That's my concern.