Could we make it to the BCS Championship?

Yes, it's conceivable that THIS TEAM could play in the BCS National Championship game.

Va Tech is more beatable than maybe we first thought. This is going to be the "tilt" game though. Huskers win, and we've got something we haven't had in years: CONFIDENCE.

OU suddenly is very beatable.

Texas Tech is a shadow of last year.

K-State's a joke.

ISU's a joke.

Baylor could be a trap game but I like Pelini's style on the road, against vastly less talented teams.

Kansas, I just don't see being that tough.

Let's see, we're down to Mizzery, which is THE GAME, if we get past VA Tech.

Colorado - we should beat'em, but again, with that team who knows.

Then it's on to the Big 12 championship, where at worst we have a 1 in 3 chance.

Guys, it could happen. The odds are against it, but don't sell us short.

Yes, it's conceivable that THIS TEAM could play in the BCS National Championship game.

Va Tech is more beatable than maybe we first thought. This is going to be the "tilt" game though. Huskers win, and we've got something we haven't had in years: CONFIDENCE.

OU suddenly is very beatable.

Texas Tech is a shadow of last year.

K-State's a joke.

ISU's a joke.

Baylor could be a trap game but I like Pelini's style on the road, against vastly less talented teams.

Kansas, I just don't see being that tough.

Let's see, we're down to Mizzery, which is THE GAME, if we get past VA Tech.

Colorado - we should beat'em, but again, with that team who knows.

Then it's on to the Big 12 championship, where at worst we have a 1 in 3 chance.

Guys, it could happen. The odds are against it, but don't sell us short.

I agree. After we win this year's National Championship, we will continue winning every National Championship from now on. Eventually, the NCAA will consider it unfair to the rest of the college football teams and move us into the NFL. We will then win every Superbowl. They will rename the sport to "Peliniball" and change the lyrics of "We Are The Champions" to "We Are Nebraskans."

GO BIG RED!!!

If we come out and flat thrash Virginia Tech, proving that this team has something that NO ONE expected, then I would argue we have a shot at the conference title. Unfortunately even if we went undefeated (nearly impossible), that still pits us probably against Texas. We have a good shot with OU regardless of whether or not Bradford is better by then (his shoulder will likely nag him all season), but Missouri, Kansas, and the south champion are all going to be tough.

I like thinking positive, but until we play Virginia Tech I make no bold predictions.

In all seriousness.. Yes, I do think we have a chance. A very small chance, but still a chance. We will only be underdogs in 2 (maybe 3 if Mizzou is favored) games this regular season. Virginia Tech is very beatable. OU will be tougher, but at home, we have a chance. But we also have to avoid getting upset be MU, KU, TT, Baylor, CU, etc. It's a small chance that we go undefeated, but it could happen. There is nothing wrong with hoping it happens this year.

Don't let these self-proclaimed "realists" try to bring you down. Every year, cheer for the Huskers to go undefeated. Anything less is an insult to our fine program.

Could we? Yes. Will we? WHY NOT?!

Think how many other teams around the country are looking at their schedules right now saying "Well, this game might be tough, but we'll have a shot ... Oh i disagree with everyone, this game will be easy ... if the stars align JUST right then..."

About 40. It won't happen to us. It'd be awesome, but it just won't happen.

If we can STILL have a shot after the Oklahoma game, then maybe it's possible. But the statistical odds that @ VT, @ Missouri, @ Baylor, vs. Oklahoma are all wins is probably less than 5%. Could be way less.

Could we? Yes. Will we? WHY NOT?!

Think how many other teams around the country are looking at their schedules right now saying "Well, this game might be tough, but we'll have a shot ... Oh i disagree with everyone, this game will be easy ... if the stars align JUST right then..."

About 40. It won't happen to us. It'd be awesome, but it just won't happen.

If we can STILL have a shot after the Oklahoma game, then maybe it's possible. But the statistical odds that @ VT, @ Missouri, @ Baylor, vs. Oklahoma are all wins is probably less than 5%. Could be way less.

So you're saying there's a chance..!

Jim-Carrey---Dumb-Dumber--C10102378.jpeg.jpg

I have to say, this isn't nearly as ridiculous as it was five days ago. Preseason, most of us were saying Oklahoma was the one definite loss and Va Tech was the one probable loss. VT was knocked down a notch by the weaknesses Bama exposed, and OU was knocked down about five notches from "the team that hangs 60 on everyone" to "the team that manages 13 against a Mountain West team".

More than likely we go 10-2 and get whooped in the Big 12 title game. But 12-0 actually doesn't seem that absurd at this point. It will be fun watching it, whatever happens.