Question for the student section....

TheKiD

Hate to break it to you but the universitys committment is to the students. Yes the Boosters are a very important part but if you lose the support of the student body thats when a program really has problems. I hate the fact the people act as though these type of drinking practices did not occur in the past. College is for kids just because someone pays alot of money for a seat doesnt make them more important the students. Guess what if you dont buy your seat someone else will. If students decide to go to other colleges enrollment and funds suffer.

Its all about preferences brahs. I get emberrassed when I go to games and some GDI with body paint, ripped jeans, and a foam finger sits next to my date and doesn't shut up about their high school playing days. I'd much rather be the drunk obnoxious fratty than the people that are going to go home after the game, study, and complain on HuskerBoard.com about people who were drunk at the game.

P.S. That gesture does sound pretty lame.

Lets not forget in the grand scheme of thing the interest of the University of Nebraska should be with the students. Last year there was talk of moving the student section because they wanted to stand and the blue hair couldnt see the game. I thought that was complete crap. Even though the state focuses it life and schedules around husker games the most important fans are the students. They are the ones that will cheer for the team all game, and yell at the oppisition and make it diffucult for them. Going to many husker game it was easy to cheer when we were winning but overall the staduim is only "rocking" when were up.

Sorry, but the most important fans are the ones who drop thousands on seat assessments and have supported the Huskers for decades. Not kids who think they're god's gift because they consume a bunch of drinks and act like morons and probably won't remember the game anyway.

The only way to stop the students from acting like this is to keep them out of the stadium completely. Not saying that's what SHOULD happen, I am just saying that's the only way to stop it.

I wish people could drink responsibly, act reasonably and respectfully, but it will never happen.

Either this is a half-hearted troll attempt or it is honestly one of the worst posts to ever grace this message board. And that's saying something when we have guys like OKC running around this board. :lol:

:)

well I guess I can see the other viewpoint. it just kind of suprised me. I have been in the student section before, but they were conference games.. so that may have something to do with it. Still.. it was a 1:00 game so drunkenness shouldn't have been too much of an issue (didn't really seem to be to me).

Sorry, but the most important fans are the ones who drop thousands on seat assessments and have supported the Huskers for decades. Not kids who think they're god's gift because they consume a bunch of drinks and act like morons and probably won't remember the game anyway.

The only way to stop the students from acting like this is to keep them out of the stadium completely. Not saying that's what SHOULD happen, I am just saying that's the only way to stop it.

I wish people could drink responsibly, act reasonably and respectfully, but it will never happen.

You don't think that just cuz it was a 1 pm game that people were not drunk, boy have you got it all wrong. I've know some college students that when they wake up the pop a cold one and start to drink at 8 am. And now your telling me that they shouldn't have been drunk, please. Go to any place where people are drinking, i'm pretty sure that people will call other people names just because they don't like the way they look, talk, ect. Pretty much what i'm saying if you can't deal with the drunkenness then just stay home.

Also every fan is equal in my eyes no matter how much money you spend. Just because you sold out just so your name could be on a plaque or so you could have a better seat, doesn't make you a better person or fan. And just because you have been a husker fan longer also doesn't make you better. You may be a 65 year old man and where born a husker fan, and your saying that just because someone was born 45 years later than you and they have been a husker fan since they where born, that make you a bigger husker fan than them. That my friend is a load of crap, just because you were born before them makes you a better fan, please. Some fans go to the games because it fun to be with friend and family, some go because the love the Huskers with all their heart and actually are very informed, do research, and follow the husker day-to-day(ME), and some go because it one more reason to get drunk. But lets face it all colleges have these fan, all age groups have these fans, and they will never go away.

And back to the booze factor, I also wish people could drink responsibly, But you know what it never has happened and never will. That's why there are laws against people driving when they have been drinking. I'm not at all saying this should be enforced at the stadium, i'm just say that they are not the same at all. again people have never drank responsibly, because if they did no one would have died from alcohol poising or drunk drivers.

All and all if you think your a better husker fan, get off you high horse and stop being so snooty. Drunk people are everywhere you go. And in all husker fans eyes Nebraska will always be number one.

You don't think that just cuz it was a 1 pm game that people were not drunk, boy have you got it all wrong. I've know some college students that when they wake up the pop a cold one and start to drink at 8 am. And now your telling me that they shouldn't have been drunk, please. Go to any place where people are drinking, i'm pretty sure that people will call other people names just because they don't like the way they look, talk, ect. Pretty much what i'm saying if you can't deal with the drunkenness then just stay home.

Also every fan is equal in my eyes no matter how much money you spend. Just because you sold out just so your name could be on a plaque or so you could have a better seat, doesn't make you a better person or fan. And just because you have been a husker fan longer also doesn't make you better. You may be a 65 year old man and where born a husker fan, and your saying that just because someone was born 45 years later than you and they have been a husker fan since they where born, that make you a bigger husker fan than them. That my friend is a load of crap, just because you were born before them makes you a better fan, please. Some fans go to the games because it fun to be with friend and family, some go because the love the Huskers with all their heart and actually are very informed, do research, and follow the husker day-to-day(ME), and some go because it one more reason to get drunk. But lets face it all colleges have these fan, all age groups have these fans, and they will never go away.

And back to the booze factor, I also wish people could drink responsibly, But you know what it never has happened and never will. That's why there are laws against people driving when they have been drinking. I'm not at all saying this should be enforced at the stadium, i'm just say that they are not the same at all. again people have never drank responsibly, because if they did no one would have died from alcohol poising or drunk drivers.

All and all if you think your a better husker fan, get off you high horse and stop being so snooty. Drunk people are everywhere you go. And in all husker fans eyes Nebraska will always be number one.

ke5Mr5eCF2U

Tuff Tiger spawn?

I love the classic "those kids should stop getting drunk, they wont even remember the game anyway, they should stay at home" arguement.

1. The students are getting drunk, I think thats just a fact

2. The old people get drunk too, i have been up in the sky boxes before and the old rich people get way more drunk then the students.

Let it go, the students are their to have fun and they are hoping to see a fun game and get some action afterwards.

Lets not forget in the grand scheme of thing the interest of the University of Nebraska should be with the students. Last year there was talk of moving the student section because they wanted to stand and the blue hair couldnt see the game. I thought that was complete crap. Even though the state focuses it life and schedules around husker games the most important fans are the students. They are the ones that will cheer for the team all game, and yell at the oppisition and make it diffucult for them. Going to many husker game it was easy to cheer when we were winning but overall the staduim is only "rocking" when were up.

Either this is a half-hearted troll attempt or it is honestly one of the worst posts to ever grace this message board. And that's saying something when we have guys like OKC running around this board. :lol:

:)

The University needs to keep the students happy, how else will they grow up to be boosters, drop 90k on a sky box and drink until they stop breathing? <_<

Is it normal for people in the student section to put up their hands to form a.. well a vagina and yell that the other team's player is a b*tch and/or p*ssy?

I just brought my girlfriend to her first ever husker game today, and I have to say I was a bit ashamed by that. WTF is going on?

edit: i should add that this was not a majority.. but it was quite a few people.

And what exactly is wrong here????

More students.

Less self-righteous Nebraskans, old people who don't stand up, and old ladies that want to talk about knitting sweaters for their poodles instead of watching football.

This is sort of futile.

If you want the students in the student section to all act like upstanding citizens, then go ahead and try. My guess, however, is that you'll probably have as much luck doing that as you would going over to Iraq and Afghanistan and telling the men that keep killing our soldiers to stop hating the U.S. and planning our demise.

As you said in your OP, the whole vagina thing was a MINORITY of the student section, and not the majority. Plus from where I was sitting, it seemed like it was mostly the people in South Stadium doing the sign from where I was sitting, and not the East student section. South usually has the youngest students in it as in Freshman, Sophomores, and everybody else that couldn't get East tickets.

Maybe we should have a behave-out, where all the students buy shirts that say "I'll behave" and we can sit and be modest onlookers the whole entire game and not fuel the crowd like we always do. <_<

You kids sit down!

You old farts stand up!

You stop yelling curse words!

You start yelling something!

Blah, blah, BLAH.

This whole conversation, on both sides, is ridiculous. Older generations have been griping about younger generations since Cain and Abel were teenagers. Someone please lock this thread or move it to BFE.

I realize I haven't been to a game since 2003, but when did they start allowing alcohol into the stadium? They used to all but frisk us when I was a student. They wouldn't let us in if we wreaked of alcohol either. Very few that "snuck" in alcohol ever made it very long without being kicked out. What the hell is going on nowdays? We might get a bit tipsy before the games, but that was about all we could get away with and still get into the game.

I realize I haven't been to a game since 2003, but when did they start allowing alcohol into the stadium? They used to all but frisk us when I was a student. They wouldn't let us in if we wreaked of alcohol either. Very few that "snuck" in alcohol ever made it very long without being kicked out. What the hell is going on nowdays? We might get a bit tipsy before the games, but that was about all we could get away with and still get into the game.

You can't get into the games with alcohol. In fact, you can't even have alcohol on the campus. They give you a once over as you walk in and if I don't even know if they allow you to bring bottles into the game.

It's more or less students getting drunk before the game and being drunk while the game is going on. They don't see if students are piss drunk before the game or not. And besides, there is no such thing as drinking too early for college students. If the game is at 11, they'll be drinking early.