We should have a B******

Too show greater support for our defense. But i forgot, most Nebraska fans only look toward the past and not the future so new ideas for one game will never work....We may have the greatest fans in all of college football but we also have the most closed minded ones. But even with a B******, we are supporting a tradition called the "blackshirts." But trying to do something new to a close minded people will never work..

No offense my friend, but a b1ackout is not a new idea. It's been tried by the student section for years. It's looked like shite every single time. (half wear red, 1/4 wear black, 1/4 wear white). I think it was tried for the Texas game among others . . . and plus we seem to get beat every time it is attempted.

Very true. The only time it even came close to being successful was during the Texas game 2006... and that still looked like Shite... I think huskerfan thinks he's coming up with something original... but... yeah... it's been going on since the beginning of the 2006 season.

dedhoarse

The word is banned from use and yet morons still press this issue. Go fire up your x-box if you want to see the Huskers wear black and be teh kewl!!11 I wonder if there is a board setting where any thread topic started with the title "B******" can go into a black hole. Apparently censoring the word is not obvious enough to the mouthbreathing public.

My main problem with the black garbage is we're not just some team that has just moved into Div 1 football. Why should we follow the bandwagoners like the majority of other schools? We started the Sea of Red long ago, it works for us and there is no problem with it. We're the Big RED, not the Big Black or the Big White.

We don't need the gimmick BS you're trying to push through, it's your opinion and that's fine, but don't whine when the majority completely disagree with you.

Hopefully this is easier to understand so the topic wont pop up another 50 times over the year...again :bang

I can't believe people are actually commenting on this post (i say as I comment on the post). I would guess there are usually 6-7 of these EVERY SINGLE YEAR on here. The topic starter gets flamed for a while, some people decided black is really going to happen, and we end up with a semi-retarded looking crowd.

Team color is read. Its called the sea of red. everyone is supposed to wear red...its a redout...just wear red.

Jeez-it really is a banned word? WTF is this, Nazi Germany?

So the idea more or less sucks/isn't feasible without a massive amount of pre-planning, but to ban the word????

Lighten up folks, Christ.

The banning came after long repeated pointless discussions on the topic, and repeated failure attempts from the students. Stay around long enough, and you will understand.

Jeez-it really is a banned word? WTF is this, Nazi Germany?

So the idea more or less sucks/isn't feasible without a massive amount of pre-planning, but to ban the word????

Lighten up folks, Christ.

The banning came after long repeated pointless discussions on the topic, and repeated failure attempts from the students. Stay around long enough, and you will understand.

Yep.