We should have a B******

Too show greater support for our defense. But i forgot, most Nebraska fans only look toward the past and not the future so new ideas for one game will never work....We may have the greatest fans in all of college football but we also have the most closed minded ones. But even with a B******, we are supporting a tradition called the "blackshirts." But trying to do something new to a close minded people will never work..

No offense my friend, but a b1ackout is not a new idea. It's been tried by the student section for years. It's looked like shite every single time. (half wear red, 1/4 wear black, 1/4 wear white). I think it was tried for the Texas game among others . . . and plus we seem to get beat every time it is attempted.

Very true. The only time it even came close to being successful was during the Texas game 2006... and that still looked like Shite... I think huskerfan thinks he's coming up with something original... but... yeah... it's been going on since the beginning of the 2006 season.

dedhoarse

The student section had a legitimate b1ackout during the Western Michigan game last year and it didn't look terrible, just.....different.

I for one am all for it, but only if they university endorses it and gets t-shirts for everybody, in other words, only if we're sure it would be an actual B******.

I don't think I've ever seen a legitimate red-out, which I think would look 10x cooler :(

It goes back to this.

Nebraska does not have to invent a novelty idea to create a legacy. The sea of Red is a well known tradition.

Every person in the history of Nebraska trying to create tradition has failed miserably. See the "Nebraska! Nebraska!" alma mater song and the team's forced singing of the fight song as evidence of such.

Please. Nebraska does not need to do this. We have a tradition of 300 sellouts, people wearing red, "Its football Saturday and there is no place like Nebraska", the tunnel walk, and because I just went on a weekend trip, O St.

I'm sorry that you cannot admit that its bigger than you. When you gain more education you might understand.

I think that would boost the morale of our defense a bit. Plus, we all know it would look cool. Look at Penn States "whiteout" or Georgia's "Blakcout." They look friggen awesome!

http://www.secsportsfan.com/images/georgia...all-stadium.jpg

georgia_college_football_blackout_alabama_fans_sec_student_athletes.jpg

How does this look awesome?

But then..I'm still trying to make myself like our players wearing black socks with black shoes...Makes them look like tourists to me. :dunno

250px-Michaelrichardsblackface.jpg

Too many white folks to make a b1ackout work...Maybe if you had the cheerleaders apply "black face" to the fans as they enter...or get an electrician to cut the power..