VaTech Board thinks Pelini was talking smack?!

carlfense

That's because that's the public board, we have a paid subscribers board. This way we can keep the idiot out haha.

As far as noise in Lane Stadium goes, this sums it up best...

"I don't care what you saw on TV or YouTube; words cannot describe what was taking place. The stadium was literally shaking. My ears hurt. And even as a lowly photographer, I was absolutely terrified, and the game hadn't even started. It was the most unbelievable display of fanhood I had ever witnessed, in professional or amateur sports."

-Boston College Photographer - 2007 BC game

...I was at that game, it was pretty accurate as far as a description goes...

Toot toot! Toot toot!

Someone is tooting their own horn! :D

True we lost...but it was a pretty normal atmosphere.

There have been Facebook events created in response to Little Bo-Peeps comments encouraging us to get crazier, we'll take anything as fuel for this week. I can't sit still in my seat, I'm too excited!!!

Who needs invented hype to get up for a big non-conference game?? Weak.

True we lost...but it was a pretty normal atmosphere.

There have been Facebook events created in response to Little Bo-Peeps comments encouraging us to get crazier, we'll take anything as fuel for this week. I can't sit still in my seat, I'm too excited!!!

Uh, you might want to change your tone on the coach's name - that's reserved for our North division rival fans, since it's all they can come up with. The bigger issue is why do you need extra fuel? I don't quite get the fascination with this topic at all, by either side. Don't you guys get very loud for everyone, that's what the claims are anyway. Pelini meant nothing towards VT at all, he was just downplaying everyone trying to shove your crowd noise down his throat repeatedly. Your crowd noise is well documented, so I'm sure it's just his way of saying that the guys have to be prepared to just play football and not worry about the crowd.

Hmph, If anyone has been talking smack about the game, its been the fans. haha

Both coaches and players have praised the other teams on how good they are and how excited they are to play this game.

Im quite excited, VaTech fans got a taste of our loud stadium, and this year its our turn to see how loud they are.

Not that Lee Corso is the best source, but he was on the Jim Rome show last year and Romey asked him who were the best fans in college football. He said he had to say Virginia Tech, because one time when they were at Blacksburg for Gameday he picked against the Hokies and the crowd booed, and then his car was struck by lightning. He didn't know what a Hokie was, but apparently God was one of 'em. Then he said aside from Virginia Tech, Nebraska has the best fans in the country. So, I'd say it'll be a comparable atmosphere to Memorial Stadium, which obviously the guys are used to playing in.

By thinking that it's not a factor is just foolish...our stadium was specially designed to amplify noise, we may have 65,000 fans in there, but it's much louder. Especially when teams come near our south end zone, its deafening, you can't make plays, no one can hear you. I see teams use all their time outs by the end of the 1st quarter all the time. No matter how well you prepare, you can't make yourself hear better, and if you can't hear the QB's snap count or cadence, then you use time outs or someone doesn't do what their suppose to and this is where Beamer Ball takes over.

Virginia Tech has been awarded the biggest home field advantage according to Rivals.com based on several reasons, our fans are extremely passionate, the noise, and the isolation of our stadium makes it harder for away team fans to travel too.

We also are the 2nd loudest stadium according to ESPN, 2nd to LSU's Tiger Stadium, which holds about 30,000 more, so person for person Lane is louder, hands down. Nebraska has never played in Lane, it's no surprise they don't comprehend the noise factor.

But by trying to tell your team not to worry about it makes you more likely to lose. It's damn loud and it's our 12th man!

I'm not trying to harangue or anything, just starting convo and showing my Hokie pride. I really am looking forward to the game and I am eager to have conversations about football as a whole with those coming to town this weekend. We're nice people and have a great town here, please explore and keep your business local!

By thinking that it's not a factor is just foolish...our stadium was specially designed to amplify noise, we may have 65,000 fans in there, but it's much louder. Especially when teams come near our south end zone, its deafening, you can't make plays, no one can hear you. I see teams use all their time outs by the end of the 1st quarter all the time. No matter how well you prepare, you can't make yourself hear better, and if you can't hear the QB's snap count or cadence, then you use time outs or someone doesn't do what their suppose to and this is where Beamer Ball takes over.

Virginia Tech has been awarded the biggest home field advantage according to Rivals.com based on several reasons, our fans are extremely passionate, the noise, and the isolation of our stadium makes it harder for away team fans to travel too.

We also are the 2nd loudest stadium according to ESPN, 2nd to LSU's Tiger Stadium, which holds about 30,000 more, so person for person Lane is louder, hands down. Nebraska has never played in Lane, it's no surprise they don't comprehend the noise factor.

But by trying to tell your team not to worry about it makes you more likely to lose. It's damn loud and it's our 12th man!

I'm not trying to harangue or anything, just starting convo and showing my Hokie pride. I really am looking forward to the game and I am eager to have conversations about football as a whole with those coming to town this weekend. We're nice people and have a great town here, please explore and keep your business local!

This is why they invented silent snap counts and yes NU does use one.

When this game is over, everyone from VT is going to be very complimentary towards NU and its fans, because that's how they are. They're just getting excited for the game. This is a lot of talk over nothing.

Let them be excited, let them make their noise. That's why we're playing the game. How crummy would it be if they all just sat on their hands?