The VT QB

Twodocs

Bo says we made lots of mistakes last year but we are much better on execution this year. Can we keep VT QB in the pocket with our personel? The prediction is for rain does this help us?

Good article by Brian Rosenthal in LJS

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/0...12469552952.txt

"Taylor ran for 87 yards and threw for 171 in Virginia Tech’s 35-30 victory against Nebraska last season in Lincoln. He finished the season with 1,036 passing yards and 738 rushing yards, including three 100-yard rushing games.

“He’s a great athlete,” Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini said. “But like always, we’ve just got to worry about what we do. We’re just going to play our stuff. That’s it.”

Seeing Leonard break containment Saturday gave coaches something to point to on film and work to improve. But Pelini points out that quarterbacks will sometimes get loose, regardless. They’ll find a seam against a strong pass rush and scamper into open field.

“You’ve got to try to limit those, and the big thing is, you’ve got to cover for each other,” Pelini said. “If an end takes a counter, my tackle has to see that and wrap. If my tackle counters in the ‘A’ gap, my nose has to get over the top and wrap and cover for him. And if the three technique takes a wide rush, my end has to cover for him back inside.”

Such teamwork up front is something Nebraska improved on throughout last season, Pelini said.

“The longer we’re together,” he said, “the better off we’re going to be working as a team like that in our pass rush.”

Nebraska sacked Leonard four times — a significant total considering Arkansas State had only 20 other passing attempts. And Virginia Tech, which has attempted 39 passes (36 by Taylor), has surrendered eight sacks through two games.

Five sacks contributed to Taylor’s minus 26 rushing yards against Alabama. Taylor had 58 rushing yards against Marshall.

“The biggest challenge is the quarterback run game,” Lawrence said. “We have to respect Tyrod Taylor and all he can do. Contain him on passes. Make sure he can’t run around and throw the ball when coverage breaks down.”"

Weather forecast shows a high of 69 degrees with a 20% chance of precipitation.

Hrm ... where are you getting that? The National Weather Service says partly sunny with a high near 72.

I would say a 3 degree difference and an 80% chance of no rain is pretty much the same not a big difference between the two predictions. Still rain or no rain doesnt make a difference in how coaches will game plan.