ESPN bad-mouthing Crouch and Frazier?

Fuzzy

What kind of crap is ESPN trying to pull?

Qouted " there’s that Heisman Trophy winner named Eric Crouch, but he was more of a runner anyway. Tommie Frazier, all he did was run the option and win national championships."

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/36...-not-unexpected

I dont like that kind of talk about Frazier and Crouch, someone needs to give that editor a piece of some Husker @$$-whoppin'

Still though good to see Lee has confidence in himself, makes me feel confident about Saturday.

I have two images of Eric Crouch burned in my memory.

First image.

His senior year against the Tigers.

He ran something like 99 yards against our swiss cheese defense for a TD and left a few jock straps on the turf. That was good stuff for the Husker fan. Sad to see if you're a Tiger fan.

Second image.

High draft pick for the Rams in St. Louis.

Rams coaches (who knew a thing or two and won a Super Bowl) wanted to make him a wide receiver because they knew he couldn't pass, but he had elusive speed. He takes a ball across the middle, gets plowed and then he quits. Had to give his signing bonus back.

First image.

He ran something like 99 yards against our swiss cheese defense for a TD and left a few jock straps on the turf. That was good stuff for the Husker fan. Sad to see if you're a Tiger fan.

Second image.

Rams coaches (who knew a thing or two and won a Super Bowl) wanted to make him a wide receiver because they knew he couldn't pass, but he had elusive speed. He takes a ball across the middle, gets plowed and then he quits. Had to give his signing bonus back.

That's a pretty good one-two snapshot of Crouch's college and pro careers. Lots of potential, lots of ego, and lots of unwillingness to bend. He could have been a decent receiver, maybe even worked his way into a Wes Welker-type role, but he insisted on playing Quarterback in the NFL, and he is simply not an NFL QB.

C'est la vie.

What kind of crap is ESPN trying to pull?

Qouted " there’s that Heisman Trophy winner named Eric Crouch, but he was more of a runner anyway. Tommie Frazier, all he did was run the option and win national championships."

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/36...-not-unexpected

I dont like that kind of talk about Frazier and Crouch, someone needs to give that editor a piece of some Husker @$$-whoppin'

Still though good to see Lee has confidence in himself, makes me feel confident about Saturday.

:facepalm:

The writer was subtly trying to be sarcastic, but apparently it didn't get through to everybody.

First image.

Second image.

That's a pretty good one-two snapshot of Crouch's college and pro careers. Lots of potential, lots of ego, and lots of unwillingness to bend. He could have been a decent receiver, maybe even worked his way into a Wes Welker-type role, but he insisted on playing Quarterback in the NFL, and he is simply not an NFL QB.

C'est la vie.

why is it that every time someone mentions a white receiver, they say that he could be a wes welker type receiver? there are other white receivers if that is how you are going to describe a guy...

I dont i guess i took it out of context.

I just saw Tommy Frazier all he did was run the option and win national championship, makes it sound like anyone could have done that.

Berringer seemed to do just fine when #2 CU rolled into town in 94'. 3rd stringer Matt Turman did ok playing a decently ranked KState team. Frazier had a lot of weapons in his arsenol. Frazier was a great QB, but lets not forget about how great our OL and RB's were.