This just in...

n.e.husker

It doesn't matter, because they already know what they're going to say after the game. If you haven't been living under a rock this past week, you'll know that all of the media is saying that this game is a measuring stick for both teams. That means that if NU wins, they're going to state that obviously VT was overrated, thus dissing VT AND backhandedly dissing NU. If NU loses--even if by a point, NU isn't yet ready to join the national conversation. Mark my words. We won't get any love either way.

:yeah:espnsucks:

It doesn't matter, because they already know what they're going to say after the game. If you haven't been living under a rock this past week, you'll know that all of the media is saying that this game is a measuring stick for both teams. That means that if NU wins, they're going to state that obviously VT was overrated, thus dissing VT AND backhandedly dissing NU. If NU loses--even if by a point, NU isn't yet ready to join the national conversation. Mark my words. We won't get any love either way.

If we came out and blanked vt then we'd get the praise. Not gonna happen but just saying. I do agree though that VT is a team that ESPN and such gives credit but do to the conference they're in and the style of ball they play (not pass happy billions of yards and points) they're not considered an elite team. So a close win over VT won't impress those stooges. We know what kind of team VT has and if our boys can pull off a win in the first road game of the season against a grizzly team like tech, well we'll all feel pretty good about the rest of this season.

I completly agree with that. It was my hope that VT came into this game undefeated. The reason being is if the would have knocked off Alabama there would be no mistaking it after a NU win. For us to get any credit it has to be a battle that we win late. If its a NU blowout win (which I know it wont be) then you will hear alot of that over rated V-Tech talk.