Husker fans being overly optimistic

I see we're all a little testy before the big game. =)

Not really. I just don't like posts that make no sense.

I'm talking globally across HuskerBoard. I just happened to reply just behind yours, but I could have said the same after a bunch of other posts.

It's understandable. Everyone is eager to get off the schnide.

I like that our OL is improved and experianced.

I like that Helu is quick, can cut on a dime and quickly get the ball going north/south

I like that Lee has a strong arm, accurate and is athletic enough to take off down field if needed.

I Like that our wide recievers can all catch and stretch the field.

I like our TEs especially against VT LBs in man coverage.

I like that Lee can spread the Ball around

I Like that Suh is probably the best DT in the Country

I like that Dillard gets to play and gives us some experiance at LB

I like our entire secondary

I like that VT best CB is coming off a injury and might not be able to play more less 100% if he does.

I like that VT is one dimensional and only completes 50% of their passes.

I like that we have a Kicker that can hit from 50+

I like that we have a Kicker that sends it through the endzone.

I like that Lane Stadium will see the largest visiting crowd in its history.

So this is why I like Nebraskas chances.

We will be okay. Win or lose, you know those players are going to go out and play their asses off. People need to stop worrying so much. No matter how much you worry, it's not going to change the outcome of the game. Like Bo said, "The players play the game, not the fans". I have faith that we are going to shut down tyrod and win, but if we don't, we still have a very legitimate shot at the big 12.

:restore

I would rather think we will win a game and lose, then think we will lose.

Good man. This is gonna be a close game, and truthfully it could go either way, i mean last year before the VaTech i dont think anyone could have predicted a 5 point loss to VaTech at Memorial Stadium, i certainly thought VaTech would have hung a few over us. But we came out and made it a good game, and we lost because of mistakes and penalties. This year will be different for both sides, I like our odds in this game, and i think the Huskers will come out victorious. The only two outcomes i dont see happening is VaTech blowing us out, or the Huskers blowing VaTech out.

Though if we do lose this game, i think it will be a close loss and the Huskers will shake it off and press on with the rest of the season.

But i dont think we are gonna lose this game, we have too much to prove to lose. Go Get Em' Huskers!! :box

Really?, makes sense to quite a few people that actually know a little something about X's and O's as it's not rocket science . So as you have proven, I guess that leaves you out. We showed hardly any blitz the last 2 weeks but did show some as well as FAU was using Max Protection sets, we only rushed 4 fulltime which was the line both games and that is pretty vanilla. As far as the Offense goes, that's what we should've done out of base sets. Zac Lee knows 320 plays as well as numerous audilbles than he can run in his sleep, he won't be rattled one bit as he will thrive in it as well as the team in whole. What, you are having a hard time believing NU's Offense is that good?. I wasn't calling you out when I posted. I say this if NU plays flawlessly tomorrow, we will win big. This game is ours to lose. I'll make one other call, after tomorrow people will see the re-emergennce of the Blackshirts long lost friend and his name is Swagger. This is all I have to say until after the game...GO BIG RED!!!

Really?, makes sense to quite a few people that actually know a little something about X's and O's as it's not rocket science . So as you have proven, I guess that leaves you out. We showed hardly any blitz the last 2 weeks but did show some as well as FAU was using Max Protection sets, we only rushed 4 fulltime which was the line both games and that is pretty vanilla. As far as the Offense goes, that's what we should've done out of base sets. Zac Lee knows 320 plays as well as numerous audilbles than he can run in his sleep, he won't be rattled one bit as he will thrive in it as well as the team in whole. What, you are having a hard time believing NU's Offense is that good?. I wasn't calling you out when I posted. I say this if NU plays flawlessly tomorrow, we will win big. This game is ours to lose. I'll make one other call, after tomorrow people will see the re-emergennce of the Blackshirts long lost friend and his name is Swagger. This is all I have to say until after the game...GO BIG RED!!!

I want what you are drinking!! <_< Seriously, I hope you are correct. I don't buy into this "we have been hiding our "real offense" and our "real defense" and will spring it on VT tomorrow. And I am not impressed by this "Zac Lee knows 320 plays that he can run in his sleep" . Though seriously doubt that is true--what good is it to have one player of 11 know an arcane play? It/s a team--every play requires every player to know where they line up and where they go and what they do. It is NOT an academic exercise for gosh sakes!!

First, though you don't practice "the bumerooski" when leading against a weak team, you would or should be practicing different blitz packages in games if you think you are going to need them tomorrow.

Second, it's not about "we have played vanilla so as to lull VT to sleep and we'll spring it on them with our brilliiant x's and o's tomorrow." It will come down primarily to whether our offensive and defensive lines can get the job done vanilla, chocolate or rum raisen. Blocking and tackling is key.

I trust our team will be well prepared. The time last year we tried to bring out that extensive playbook and "surprise em" as someone posted in an article this morning was agains Missouri. They cleaned our clock. When we went with what worked for us, the only team to soundly defeat us was Okahoma. I'm hoping this week has not been devoted to changing things that our young defenders were not all that well versed in. Further I hope that we are not digging down in that lower 45 plays in Watt's book to come up with a bunch of slow developing gagets that will likely fail.

We will either be able to line up with VT and beat them with our game, or not. If it is a matter of knowing 350 plays and coming up with exotic defensive schemes that we have hidden from view in the last many games we have played---fuggitaboutit.

Blocking and tackling. That's the game boys. I'm hoping that we can line up with them, play our game and defeat them. If it goes beyond that, our chances diminish rather quickly.

I don't get the point.

First, we certainly CAN win. I don't see that much difference in the talent, and VT isn't unbeatable in Blacksburg. We're not playing the Steelers tomorrow.

I see no harm in believing we WILL win. There's not much fans can do to influence a game, but not having your fans believing in you has to negatively affect a team somewhat. Geez, really, what's in the hell is wrong with believing the Huskers will win?

Sure, if we lose there may be some let down. Maybe there will be some discussions afterwards about how we aren't there yet. How is that worse than thinking beforehand that we aren't there yet?

I also think if we play them close that people aren't going to be that terribly critical or crushed by it.

The problem is everyone wants to be right. Its so stupid. "I told you we would lose." Great. You're a genius that saw something we couldnt through our rose colored glasses. The reality of the situation is that regardless of what you "know" that leads you to believe that we will lose, your knowledge doesnt make you a better fan.

There is no logic or "Reality" in fanaticism. I'm a fan. I know my team will win every game. No injury report or statistic or record is going to make me think otherwise.

Really?, makes sense to quite a few people that actually know a little something about X's and O's as it's not rocket science . So as you have proven, I guess that leaves you out. We showed hardly any blitz the last 2 weeks but did show some as well as FAU was using Max Protection sets, we only rushed 4 fulltime which was the line both games and that is pretty vanilla.

Ummm...okay? I was talking about rush defense and getting knocked off the ball on the line and not tackling well. You obviously didn't read a word I said in my post, so I will say it again.

What does playing vanilla on defense have to do with the d-line getting blown off the ball at times and all the missed tackles? We saw last year during the Missou game that Pelini had a great defensive scheme, but our players couldn't execute it. How did that one turn out again? The point I was making was that Pelini could come up with the most intricate defense ever devised, but if our d-line gets blown off the ball and the D misses tackles, it won't matter.

So, please explain to me, since I don't know about "X's and O's", how Nebraska will win if our d-line can't control the line of scrimmage and our players miss tackles.

Thanks.

As far as the Offense goes, that's what we should've done out of base sets. Zac Lee knows 320 plays as well as numerous audilbles than he can run in his sleep, he won't be rattled one bit as he will thrive in it as well as the team in whole. What, you are having a hard time believing NU's Offense is that good?. I wasn't calling you out when I posted. I say this if NU plays flawlessly tomorrow, we will win big. This game is ours to lose. I'll make one other call, after tomorrow people will see the re-emergennce of the Blackshirts long lost friend and his name is Swagger. This is all I have to say until after the game...GO BIG RED!!!

Using your logic, our defense didn't do very good because we played vanilla, but our offense also played very vanilla too, so why is it the offense did so good while the defense didn't do as good if they both used vanilla schemes?

Just wondering

When the preseason ranking came out the first thing I said was "Virginia Tech is severely overrated." they are not top 10 material, maybe not even top 15, so I think Nebraska will be able to at least hold their own and not get embarrassed ... if not win. I'll be rooting for the Huskers this weekend.

After seeing GT in action, I'm starting to think they are highly overrated too...

As for VT, the jury is still out.

When the preseason ranking came out the first thing I said was "Virginia Tech is severely overrated." they are not top 10 material, maybe not even top 15, so I think Nebraska will be able to at least hold their own and not get embarrassed ... if not win. I'll be rooting for the Huskers this weekend.

welcome to the board yellowjacket.

After seeing GT in action, I'm starting to think they are highly overrated too...

As for VT, the jury is still out.

nice low blow <_< . At least give someone 24 hours of recovery time.

welcome to the board yellowjacket.

Thanks!

nice low blow <_< . At least give someone 24 hours of recovery time.

My bad! I like GT, but their defense is suspect and I really like their offense (especially the option to the right, pulling of the RG and RT and handing the ball off running to the left...an interesting counterplay). They should still have a very good year and if it means anything to you, Miami is back.