This Sunday morning

craigsker

Regardless of the outcome on Saturday, can we all please just agree that it's not the end of the world and keep it positive?

I always try to wait 24 hours after a loss to make a post because any earlier I know it's based on emotion instead of logic.

Any bets on how many "Cody Green" threads are started following the game IF we lose?

:facepalm:

Regardless of the outcome on Saturday, can we all please just agree that it's not the end of the world and keep it positive?

I always try to wait 24 hours after a loss to make a post because any earlier I know it's based on emotion instead of logic.

Any bets on how many "Cody Green" threads are started following the game IF we lose?

:facepalm:

:clap

Dude...you know the question was going to be asked eventually

You brought it up. What are the odds he sees the field Saturday?

I would say 95%. Win, lose or draw, we have to get the kid big-game experience. The only way he doesn't see the field is if it's a one-score game all game long.

At the risk of disrupting the flow of our offense? In our O, it seems like getting in rhythm is especially important.

Dream on. You know damn well that there is 0% chance of that happening.

I'm not a homer for Cody Green so telling me to "dream on" means nothing to me. Zac Lee is the QB and as far as I'm concerned, unless he gets hurt, he is and will be the starter. Moreso, Lee SHOULD stay on the field the entire game to get HIM the big game experience. VaTech is not the only "big game" we have this year. The more experience he has, the better it is for him. I'm just merely pointing out there is a chance Green will see the field during the game

If we're winning by a sizeable margin, Green will see the field. If we're losing the game by a sizeable margin, Green will see the field. If it's close, he sits this one out.

That sounds like a pretty safe prediction since Lee is the starter. On the other hand there is always that chance--say one in twenty that we do not move the ball with the offense that we have played against lessor teams. We get down with not much signs of life in the offense . If that were to happen even though VT is not clobbering us; I am sure that Bo and Watts will give Green a series and see what he can do--if successful he will play more series. Should it be successful and win or come very close nearly every expert here will be clamoring for Green to start. Not a likely scenario certainly but not one that can be ruled out. There is a reason they go ahead and play these games. We don't know who is going to be effective or ineffective until after the kickoff.

Lou Gehrig was not born a star, he got his chance when the starter took the day off and made the most of it. Happens all the time. Depth charts are made on a weekly basis not seasonally.

If we're winning by a sizeable margin, Green will see the field. If we're losing the game by a sizeable margin, Green will see the field. If it's close, he sits this one out.

That sounds like a pretty safe prediction since Lee is the starter. On the other hand there is always that chance--say one in twenty that we do not move the ball with the offense that we have played against lessor teams. We get down with not much signs of life in the offense . If that were to happen even though VT is not clobbering us; I am sure that Bo and Watts will give Green a series and see what he can do--if successful he will play more series. Should it be successful and win or come very close nearly every expert here will be clamoring for Green to start. Not a likely scenario certainly but not one that can be ruled out. There is a reason they go ahead and play these games. We don't know who is going to be effective or ineffective until after the kickoff.

Lou Gehrig was not born a star, he got his chance when the starter took the day off and made the most of it. Happens all the time. Depth charts are made on a weekly basis not seasonally.

In this case though Lee is clearly way ahead of Green.