DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

These penalties will screw USC for at least a decade. Losing 30 schollies over 3 years is a lot of players. It couldnt have happened to a nicer coach or a nicer program. :)

Kids have to decide whether they want to subject themselves to this mess, or to compete for championships elsewhere. Personally, I would choose the latter.

Miami bounced back in less than a decade. And so did Bama. If any school has the capacity to bounce back quickly, it's SC. With the way Kiffin recruits and Monte calls defense, it won't be a decade for them IMO.

But that said, I do hope Jalen jumps ship...

Bama got in trouble? I dont remember. Not doubting you at all, I just dont remember penalties at Bama.

Miami might be competitive again, but they are far from where they were.

Randy Shannon was at Miami back when they were getting paid by boosters. It is documented on the "The U". A well known rapper was paying players based on how well they played in games. I am surprised no one has called him out on those allegations.

The only penalty Bama has was they hired Shula to coach for way too long. That was sad!!!

NCAA sanctions

In August 1995, the NCAA Infractions Committee claimed four violations of NCAA rules by the Alabama football program. Alabama cornerback Antonio Langham signed with a sports agent and applied to enter the NFL draft in January 1993. Alabama's football program was placed on probation, suffered scholarship limitations, a one year post-season ban (1995), and forfeiture of eight wins and one tie from the 9-3-1 1993 season.

During the 2000 season, an assistant football coach in Memphis, Tennessee claimed that an Alabama booster had paid him $50,000 to encourage one of his players to sign with the Crimson Tide.[118] Following the NCAA investigation, Alabama received a probation from 2002 to 2006, a two-year post-season ban (2002 and 2003), and scholarship reductions.[119] A secret witness was later revealed to be Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer.[120][121]

On June 11, 2009, Alabama was sanctioned for textbook-related infractions involving 16 of 19 sports, including football. They were forced to vacate 21 wins from the 2005, 2006, and 2007 seasons and were put on three years probation, ending in June 2012.[122] The university stated "none of the textbooks or materials was used for profit or to get items not related to academics, and that the athletes involved who still have eligibility remaining have had to pay restitution."[123] Alabama's appeal of the ruling was unsuccessful.[124]

If I had to pick Jalen Grimble or Green I take Jalen

Green is at more of a position of need. Braylon wont make it for the fall of 2010. So what do we do if we have injury problems at RB this year? We are screwed. No question about it. We are stacked along the DL. I would love to have Jalen, but I want Green more.

Green is at more of a position of need. Braylon wont make it for the fall of 2010. So what do we do if we have injury problems at RB this year? We are screwed. No question about it. We are stacked along the DL. I would love to have Jalen, but I want Green more.

Screwed? We're 3 deep at RB, at least. Last year was weird when Helu and Burkhead were both banged up at the same time but Robinson looks like he will be a more than serviceable backup. I think screwed is an exaggeration.

Screwed? We're 3 deep at RB, at least. Last year was weird when Helu and Burkhead were both banged up at the same time but Robinson looks like he will be a more than serviceable backup. I think screwed is an exaggeration.

An exaggeration, maybe, but everyone was sort of hoping we'd have improved depth this season. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. Which then means that our RB situation is exactly like it was last year, except that our freshmen have a season under their belts. Helu never has been an every down back, and won't be this year. Burkhead needs to be ready for primetime, probably double-digit touches/game, especially when midseason rolls around.

With Braylon we'd have been looking at scary depth and young talent. Without him we're doing all right, but with one injury-prone back and two underclassmen beneath him, the Castille curse is still in effect. Imagine what our offense would be returning if Q had passed on grass.

I'm with you, I have no problem w/ our 3 deep (+ a few others). last year was an exception in nearly every piece of our offense. If the arizona game is any indication of where we are going - you'll have burkhead sharing more of the load with Helu, Lee more mobile, and the pass game more complete and affective. We won't be pounding the ball time after time with Helu trying to control the game like we did last year against OK, Kansas, K. St, etc. I just don't see Helu becoming a workhorse, and therefor I don't see injuries being as big of a problem as they were last year.

IMO, with the offensive line we're building - we might just be able to plug in about anyone into that IB position and he'll go for 125 a game. It might not take a Green to do it. Happens in the NFL all the time. RBs are a revolving door because the rest of the offense function so well. A top performing DE on the other hand is priceless.

• 3 months later...

Jalen, I still has a personal fetish for you. Since I'm comfortable with my manliness I thought I'd acknowledge this.

You do realize that we have a stud recruiting class that is missing one key ingredient ... YOU.

Were looking for a high character guy to be a future blackshirt and you fit the build.

Come join in the fun here in Lincoln ... this is a place about football ... leave USC and it's problems behind.

SheepdogMark