DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

I think you look at Seantrel Henderson who signed with USC late because he was waiting to see what would happen to the trojans. Either he was delivered a bill of lies or thought, it won't be that bad. Throw the bill of lies out now. Recruits know what will happen, rather than slanted speculation from coaches. Hopefully Jalen sees this and comes to the good side before his spot is taken.

Henderson was my first thought as well. Innevitably, someone will interview his father in the days to come...and if he throws out a few tid-bits about Kiffin making promises to gain Seantrel's committment, that could have a lasting impact on USC recruiting. Character is not something Lane can put front and center anyway, this might just be the final nail in his coffin in regards to that aspect. Only thing left now is the money they pay their recruits...which unfortunately should still be enough to land a top 10 class every year.

A 2 year bowl ban, should and probably will change some minds. These kids are just not thinking if they commit to a team that can not go to a bowl. As you know, that is where they get their real exposure and opourtunity to shine in the national spotlight. It's pretty tough to sell a pinto to anyone and call it a porche. Plus it looks like USC is also loosing 20 schollarships... one in basketball and the rest in football. Thats a pretty tough hill to climb. Oklahoma can and may again attest to that. It will be interresting to see if OK even gets considered for serious sanctions.... The old used car salesman sure worked for them!

GBR! :snacks:

This is a crushing blow to USC as a program. Their rep is in the trash. One false step from anyone on the team and more sh#t comes raining down. As a recruit you have to ask yourself if you want to begin your college career in that kind of environment, or join a program not sinking into oblivion.

This is a crushing blow to USC as a program. Their rep is in the trash. One false step from anyone on the team and more sh#t comes raining down. As a recruit you have to ask yourself if you want to begin your college career in that kind of environment, or join a program not sinking into oblivion.

The NCAA has not commented publicly on this yet. The full extent of the sactions have not been officially released. Does this mean these are the only sactions?? We'll have to wait and see. Also, considering the violations and the fact they are USC makes this unbelievable and just in my book. It is unfortunate for any school to go through this and certainly unfortunate for the current recruits as well as the past few years committments. That being said, it is also too bad any school pushes or breaks, however you look at it, the basic rules for recruiting. I don't know if this will help NU or not, but it will definately help someone.

The NCAA has not commented publicly on this yet. The full extent of the sactions have not been officially released. Does this mean these are the only sactions?? We'll have to wait and see. Also, considering the violations and the fact they are USC makes this unbelievable and just in my book. It is unfortunate for any school to go through this and certainly unfortunate for the current recruits as well as the past few years committments. That being said, it is also too bad any school pushes or breaks, however you look at it, the basic rules for recruiting. I don't know if this will help NU or not, but it will definately help someone.

The official announcement will come out around 2:00 Central Time.

I think it's actually going to be worse than initial reports indicate. Some are saying that USC juniors and seniors get a free transfer, which if that's the case, piling on a coaching change, they could lose as many as 40 players counting the scholarship reductions. This could literally destroy this football program for a decade, and possibly initiate a coaching carousel, which is even more deadly.

I think it's actually going to be worse than initial reports indicate. Some are saying that USC juniors and seniors get a free transfer, which if that's the case, piling on a coaching change, they could lose as many as 40 players counting the scholarship reductions. This could literally destroy this football program for a decade, and possibly initiate a coaching carousel, which is even more deadly.

Fully agreed.

This is a little off topic, but if there is a total realignment of all conferences... watch what happens with investigations after that. I think the goverment will step in and ram their collective noses up most schools rears. That could be very ugly for alot of athletic departments. The huge expenditures may be picked apart and disected.....

i feel sorry for the new kids but its not like they were babes in the woods when it came to USC and their rep and how they did things...... it was the worst kept secret of the crap they have been pulling forever and they finally got burned.......

too bad but they got what they had coming to them.......