We lost....so what?

SaturnDrew

I'm going to say that this game in the whole scheme of things, really doesn't mean much for Nebraska.

Let's look back at last year's loss to Virginia Tech. Did it keep up out of the Big 12 Championship game? Did it prevent us from going to a better bowl game? The answer to both of those questions are no and no. The losses against Missouri, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma are what did those.

Now, should Nebraska really get their stuff together and win out the rest of their games (Hold on a sec.... :koolaid2: awww there we go) Yes, win out the rest of their games, I'm gonna go on the limb and say they are still not only BCS Bound, but National Championship bound. Do you really think two teams will go undefeated this season? Plus, if you're going to lose, it's best you do it early. (Unless you are the 2001 Nebraska team.) Now, I know, National Championships are the last thing we should be talking about, but I'm just saying there is a lot to play for. The coaches will look at what we did wrong, and we WILL get better.

GBR!

Edit 9/21: For God's sake! People really aren't understanding my post. I know, and you know that the possibility of Nebraska winning all the rest of their games this season is very unlikely. I GET IT! What I'm trying to say is that in the unlikely event that happens, Nebraska would still be in good shape and that Va Tech loss was meaningless. I am by no means implying that we are going to win it all. Jeeze!

I'm going to say that this game in the whole scheme of things, really doesn't mean much for Nebraska.

GBR!

exactly. It's still early. The B12 north is winnable.

IMO... I still doubt the B12 championship can be won though. and any mnc talk is pretty crazy.

National Championships. :clap Now that's funny. Welcome to this century NU.

Put some skins on the wall this decade and then let's talk.

I knew that if I mentioned NC that somebody like this would post, but oh well. <_< My point, since it obviously wasn't understood, was that Nebraska didn't lose a whole lot in this loss. 10-15 years ago a team pretty much had to go undefeated to win a NC, now a non-conference loss at the beginning of the season doesn't hold much meaning. See: Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, et al from the last few years who have won a Natl Championship with one loss.

GBR!

exactly. It's still early. The B12 north is winnable.

IMO... I still doubt the B12 championship can be won though. and any mnc talk is pretty crazy.

I think he is just saying this season still has a lot of potential not saying he thinks we will win the nc or even the big 12 just saying the season is far from over and can still be very successful

We will get better as the year gos on. This loss only helps show what areas, need more work. Don't know which team we will be playing in the Big 12 championship, but "we" will be there. There's not a team in the conference, we can't play with now. "SKINS" Oh, will put up some skins very soon, T Tex...........

GBR!!!

I agree with everything that is said. Were we going to be undefeated???? No. Are we making strides????? Yes. We could have beaten Vtech. We still have a lot to work on. But, I don't think we are going to get blown out anymore.

We should Win the North. I think we have the talent level to do so. I really do. The National Championship talk is a little premature. But, every team will have a loss by the end of the year. Florida had one last year. I think LSU had two a couple years back.

GBR!!!!!!!!!

Before the game, I mentioned that we needed to keep this game in perspective. I still believe this as we don't know anymore about our team than we did before the game. If VT gets beaten at home by Miami and then Miami lays an egg against OU, how does this make our team look? However, if VT beats Miami and then Miami either beats OU or keeps it very close; how does this make our team look? To me, it appears we need to see how the next two weeks play out before we know whether or not we can compete with any team out there. Our next opponent isn't going to shed much light on what kind of a team we have this year.

On a side note, I'm a bit surprised considering the field goal we tried and made last year against Colorado that we didn't give the kicker a chance on the 4th and goal at the 38 and then at the end of the game. I know a lot of people are getting on #33's case, but there were several defining moments in the game prior to the big play. Didn't we have 5 penalties when it was 1st and goal? Using our timeouts in the 3rd quarter. Several things come to mind that all occurred before the big play. I think we do have to give kudos to the D considering how they stuffed VT's run. VT ran against Alabama. We shut them down. If you take away the big play, their passing game was stuffed as well. It was a good hard fought game just like the Texas Tech game was a year ago. Eventually, we climb the hill and win those nailbighters. I think next year this team will really be a force to wreckon with.

Before the game, I mentioned that we needed to keep this game in perspective. I still believe this as we don't know anymore about our team than we did before the game. If VT gets beaten at home by Miami and then Miami lays an egg against OU, how does this make our team look? However, if VT beats Miami and then Miami either beats OU or keeps it very close; how does this make our team look? To me, it appears we need to see how the next two weeks play out before we know whether or not we can compete with any team out there. Our next opponent isn't going to shed much light on what kind of a team we have this year.

Miami looks legit. I think they are winning at VT by at least two TDs and probably beating OU.

I wish we could just skip our next opponent quite frankly. The 300th consecutive sellout thing is great, but beating LL won't prove anything.

The only other good thing (besides the 300th consecutive sellout) about this game is that Nebraska is one step closer to being the SunBelt Champion. <_<

Let's look back at last year's loss to Virginia Tech. Did it keep up out of the Big 12 Championship game? Did it prevent us from going to a better bowl game? The answer to both of those questions are no and no. The losses against Missouri, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma are what did those.

Now, should Nebraska really get their stuff together and win out the rest of their games (Hold on a sec.... :koolaid2: awww there we go) Yes, win out the rest of their games, I'm gonna go on the limb and say they are still not only BCS Bound, but National Championship bound. Do you really think two teams will go undefeated this season? Plus, if you're going to lose, it's best you do it early. (Unless you are the 2001 Nebraska team.) Now, I know, National Championships are the last thing we should be talking about, but I'm just saying there is a lot to play for. The coaches will look at what we did wrong, and we WILL get better.

GBR!

:facepalm:

Bad calls, bad play, and penalties led to a loss that NU never should have experienced. That's it - game's over and now it's time to move on.

As crappy as the outcome is, it's not the end of the season or the world. Assuming NU comes back like they should ,it's going to be a great season.

for once, vince isnt trying to sell us some crap towel... there is some truth to what he is saying.