So we are past VT, where do you feel the Huskers will finish now?

Post VT Game...Where are we going?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the defense is better, but has some room for improvement. The offense is still a question in my mind, especially with Lee having a problem with his thumb. I think if the Defense does continue to improve, and the offense keeps us in the game with a chance to win, we can go 9-3...but that is probably best case scenario in my mind. We definitely finish no worse than 8-4...or I am busting out the cyanide capsule.

To win the north, we have to beat Mizzou, and have to beat KU - we cannot rely on a little help from someone else, we have to determine our own destiny. I think if we actually get to the Big XII Championship, we have a chance since the South teams don't look as dominating as they did last year...

Definitely see a bowl game in our future this year, hopefully against a ranked team that can bring a little glitter back to us when we beat them.

In my mind, Suh and Lee have to stay relatively healthy for this team to succeed. Green is an unproven commodity...I am not ruling out the possibility that he could do the job if Lee goes down.

I put 9-3 (homer pick) but I'm really thinking 8-4, main reason behind it is that X factor of losing a game we shouldn't. I see the loses to VT and OU but after that I don't see any sure loses. I personally think the KU and MU games are just as easy of losses as they are of possible wins. At this point I think its a 50/50 split if we were to play them games today. Of course this is baring any unforseen events i.e. injuries and what not. But I see NU only improving on defense throughout the year.

Offense is actaully my biggest question mark. Sure the O looked good against sunbelt teams but the VT game gave a good blue print of how to effect our offensive production. Alot more people will be lining up in the box to help stop the run and take away Helu and apply pressure to a QB that seems to get rattled. If the VT game told us anything its that we are still a work in progress.

I'm praying for 10-2 but would not be that surprised for an 8-4 record this season. Even if we do go 8-4 I still see us in a great bowl game, now if we drop both games to MU and KU then that X factor game could very well still be in play vs TT, ISU, Baylor, KSU or CU. Hell TT and CU scare me cause damit for some reason everytime we play them its a hell of a game. :box

I said 9-3. We more than likely lose to OU, and then I think we lose in the Big 12 Championship game. I feel a lot better with regards to Mizzou and KU after the VT game because VT quite possibly was the best D we will face the entire year. I quite sure VT's D is much better than KU's and Mizzou's. With the running game clicking, I think we pound the rock on KU and Mizzou eating up clock and keeping their O on the sideline. This is what will win those games.

I said that we go 9-3 and win the big 12 north then lose in the big12 champ game. I think that we have a legitimate shot at beating oklahoma at home, the baylor game is gonna be a tough one along with kansas. Hopefully in two weeks we can shut up all the mizzou fans and win.

Other than that who knows...

Sure I'd love to see Bo and company sweep the the rest of their games, grab the Big XII crown, and go and win in whatever bowl spot, the college football fates would have in store for them. What Husker fan wouldn't? Alas hard reality causes me to hope for 9-3 at worst with one of the losses coming against whomever the South sends to the Big XII Championship game. Thankfully Bo's standards are high than high, and things for the future look brighter amidst the dark clouds. It's gonna' be a bumpy thrill ride for sure this season, but at least Bo has got most of the Husker Nation believing again. I know I'm believing it.

I said 9-3. We more than likely lose to OU, and then I think we lose in the Big 12 Championship game. I feel a lot better with regards to Mizzou and KU after the VT game because VT quite possibly was the best D we will face the entire year. I quite sure VT's D is much better than KU's and Mizzou's. With the running game clicking, I think we pound the rock on KU and Mizzou eating up clock and keeping their O on the sideline. This is what will win those games.

I agree about VT's defense but VT is also perhaps the worst offensive team we will face except KSU this season. I truly think it comes down to the game with Misery. If we win there, I think we will likely lose to Oklahoma and maybe one more game and go to the CC game and probably lose (anything is however possible once you get in a championship game) . But it will set us up for a good bowl, a good season and a good start for next year.

If we lose in Columbia, I think we might well end up 3rd in the Big XII N. I think early will be the time to beat Missouri so I am hopeful as they are pretty green, but will end up with a good passing game I think before the season is over. If we can't do it then, I see problems ahead with Kansas, certainly OU and perhaps Baylor. So much depends on whether Lee just had an off day at VT or if pressure will disrupt his game against other good teams. So let's hope they get it done!

The optimist in me says 9-3 The pessimist if we lose at MU says 7-5

VT is also perhaps the worst offensive team we will face

I've been hearing this a lot, and I don't buy it. VT is the 78th ranked offense (total offense) among the 120 1A schools. That's after playing the #3 ranked defense (Alabama) and the #38 ranked defense (Nebraska).

To put that in context, after playing far weaker defenses, Colorado is right behind VT at #79. FAU is #82 and Baylor is #98 (total offense). That's after playing nobody.

VT is 44th in scoring offense,

Virginia Tech's offense is decent. They're not great, but they're not horrible, either. They'll put up some better numbers when ACC play gets in full swing. If I had to guess, I'd say they'll end up somewhere in the mid 50s. That's decent.