Lee vs Ganz

I know I did this last week after the first two games so I might as well keep it going. Here are Zac Lee’s stats compared to Joey Ganz stats after 3 games last year. Last year the first 3 games were the cupcakes with VA-Tech coming in the 4th week. All at home as well.

Ganz – 50-78-719 5 TD’s 3 Int’s 64.1%

Lee – 53-87-689 6 TD’s 3 Int’s 60.9%

So even with his bad game on Saturday Lee’s stats are pretty similar to where Ganz was at this point last year. FYI: After 4 games Ganz was 67-104-997 7 TD’s 5 Int’s 64.4% and the Huskers were 3-1 going into a game with Mizzou.

I know I did this last week after the first two games so I might as well keep it going. Here are Zac Lee’s stats compared to Joey Ganz stats after 3 games last year. Last year the first 3 games were the cupcakes with VA-Tech coming in the 4th week. All at home as well.

Ganz – 50-78-719 5 TD’s 3 Int’s 64.1%

Lee – 53-87-689 6 TD’s 3 Int’s 60.9%

So even with his bad game on Saturday Lee’s stats are pretty similar to where Ganz was at this point last year. FYI: After 4 games Ganz was 67-104-997 7 TD’s 5 Int’s 64.4% and the Huskers were 3-1 going into a game with Mizzou.

Not trying to flame here . . . just an honest question . . . did Joe Ganz ever throw 8 straight incompletions?

Also . . . did he ever throw 2 picks and 0 tds in a game?

I like Lee . . . and I think he can be a great qb for Nebraska. That said, I still think we are going to miss Ganz this year. I for one would certainly take him over Lee at this point. (and of course this doesn't matter a bit).

Interesting stats.

I think this is kind of ridiculous, in a sense though. By this time last year Ganz had played in what, 6 total games dating back to the 2007 season? Ganz also played 2 of those 3 2007 games in hostile environments. This was Lee's first road test and only his 3rd career start.

Interesting stats.

I think this is kind of ridiculous, in a sense though. By this time last year Ganz had played in what, 6 total games dating back to the 2007 season? Ganz also played 2 of those 3 2007 games in hostile environments. This was Lee's first road test and only his 3rd career start.

I kind of think that is part of the point. Maybe a little stat sheet for the people with Ganz hard-ons?

Zac Lee has played one game. Games against cupcakes that we pay to come to Lincoln and get stomped show us nothing. He gets another glorified scrimmage this week before he goes into conference play. None of us know for sure what the issue was Saturday, but he needs a huge improvement against Missouri.

His QB rating was 61.4. That's not mediocre, that's horrible. Even Tyrod Taylor, who had an awful game, had a better rating even before the final drive. Of all the 120 NCAA QB's, I bet you couldn't find more than five last week who had a lower rating, maybe not even one. It was ugly and there's no sugar coating it.

Zac Lee has played one game. Games against cupcakes that we pay to come to Lincoln and get stomped show us nothing. He gets another glorified scrimmage this week before he goes into conference play. None of us know for sure what the issue was Saturday, but he needs a huge improvement against Missouri.

His QB rating was 61.4. That's not mediocre, that's horrible. Even Tyrod Taylor, who had an awful game, had a better rating even before the final drive. Of all the 120 NCAA QB's, I bet you couldn't find more than five last week who had a lower rating, maybe not even one. It was ugly and there's no sugar coating it.

Agreed. I think Lee is considerably better than he showed last week . . . and his oline and receivers did him few favors . . . but as you said . . . there is no sugar coating it.

Let's throw another comparison in there. Big Games. Take the numbers all you want. Lee wasn't good but still had us in position to win the game as opposed to lets say TT, OU, Clemson, CU the year before, Va Tech

All games in which Joe DID NOT put us in position to win but rather did stuff that could have cost us the game.

TT - dont tell me he was throwing it away. He threw it straight up field into the waiting arms of the defender

OU - First play horrible pass pick 6 and they are off to the races

CU- The previous year, Ganz cost us the game in the 2nd half he sure as hell didnt put us in position to win

VaTech - Again never put us in position to win, but made plays that put us out of position

Clemson - the bowl game, the only game listed we did win but it sure wasn't because of Ganz. In fact it was due to Castille having a monster day and out defense playing very well

The point is Lee wasn't good but he did enough to have us in position to win. If Holt caught the ball with consistency he does have a TD that wins the game. he didn't do anything that cost us the game

that is better than a stat comparison at this point. Facts prove that in Big Games Ganz wasn't good and in fact got to a point where he made ridiculous mistakes that took away our chances to win.

THAT IS WHY WE WILL NOT MISS GANZ AND I would take Lee over him every day and twice on Sundays

The point is Lee wasn't good but he did enough to have us in position to win. If Holt caught the ball with consistency he does have a TD that wins the game. he didn't do anything that cost us the game

He didn't cost us the game . . . maybe you should note that he also didn't win us the game.

For some reason I was under the impression that qb's should win games for the team and not merely avoid costing the team the game.

Let's throw another comparison in there. Big Games. Take the numbers all you want. Lee wasn't good but still had us in position to win the game as opposed to lets say TT, OU, Clemson, CU the year before, Va Tech

All games in which Joe DID NOT put us in position to win but rather did stuff that could have cost us the game.

TT - dont tell me he was throwing it away. He threw it straight up field into the waiting arms of the defender

OU - First play horrible pass pick 6 and they are off to the races

CU- The previous year, Ganz cost us the game in the 2nd half he sure as hell didnt put us in position to win

VaTech - Again never put us in position to win, but made plays that put us out of position

Clemson - the bowl game, the only game listed we did win but it sure wasn't because of Ganz. In fact it was due to Castille having a monster day and out defense playing very well

that is better than a stat comparison at this point. Facts prove that in Big Games Ganz wasn't good and in fact got to a point where he made ridiculous mistakes that took away our chances to win.

THAT IS WHY WE WILL NOT MISS GANZ AND I would take Lee over him every day and twice on Sundays

Wow. You sir, apparently watched different games than I did.

1. Gator Bowl Touchdowns: Ganz 2 - Castille 0. (Plus nearly every Clemson fan agreed that if we had swapped qb's with them they would have won easily.

2. Texas Tech: Ganz 36 for 44, 2td, 1 int. Hmmm . . . looks like without those two touchdowns we don't even make it to overtime. Without Ganz, we wouldn't have had a chance.

3. OU. Seriously? Blame that one on predictable play calling. It was a designed quick throw that the defense read and expected. It wasn't a QB error.

4. VaTech. Again . . . we were in a position to win but two huge penalties (Bo and Suh) likely cost us the game.

5. Edit: I see now that you were talking about '07 CU.

For some reason, you seem to be unable to view this objectively. One qb has been there and done that: ie won big/close games. One has not. Lee may have potential . . . but all that means is that he hasn't done it yet.

Not to belabor the point, but of the roughly 350 FBS QB performances up to this point (10 attempt min.) in the season, I know of only TWO that rated lower than Lee vs. VT: Arizona's Matt Scott was 4 of 14 for 50 yards and 1 INT (44.3 rating) last week against Iowa, and Virginia's Jameel Sewell was 9 of 17 for 80 yards and 3 INTs (57.2 rating) in their opening day loss to William & Mary.