Lee vs Ganz

Also, Lee wasn't good I agree

11 for 30 not good. Watch the game again. 5 passes thrown away when they should have been to avoid a sack (sacks Ganz notoriously took) 6 dropped balls.(2 td's dropped)

11-30 take the 5 throw aways out and that is 11-25 then the 6 dropped balls (which i agree happen0 and his day is not nearly as bad as it looks

There are several ways to skin a cat. Lee is going to be very good for us and we will all be very appreciative of his time here.

Also, Lee wasn't good I agree

11 for 30 not good. Watch the game again. 5 passes thrown away when they should have been to avoid a sack (sacks Ganz notoriously took) 6 dropped balls.(2 td's dropped)

11-30 take the 5 throw aways out and that is 11-25 then the 6 dropped balls (which i agree happen0 and his day is not nearly as bad as it looks

There are several ways to skin a cat. Lee is going to be very good for us and we will all be very appreciative of his time here.

I think the logical take is that we don't know whether Lee will be as good, better or worse than Ganz yet. If anyone looks at it realistically, Lee was in on a Loss with poor numbers in the only game of importance that we have played so far.

This weekend is another meaningless Sunbelt game so no matter what kind of stats he has, it is unfair to compare him to Ganz who did lead us to victory over some pretty good teams. Lee just hasn't had the chance to do that and was shakey in his only big game. If we beat MU then he will do something Ganz did not and that will change the conversation.

It's only how we do against good competition that matters. The jury is out.

Billyball,

I agree 100%. I will just defend Lee when people start calling for CG or pining over Ganz.

If Lee turns out to be equal to Ganz then we will never be that good. For us to clear the hurdles we need and want to clear this year or next then Lee needs to be better than Ganz, cuz i just don't think Ganz was that good.

Billyball,

I agree 100%. I will just defend Lee when people start calling for CG or pining over Ganz.

If Lee turns out to be equal to Ganz then we will never be that good. For us to clear the hurdles we need and want to clear this year or next then Lee needs to be better than Ganz, cuz i just don't think Ganz was that good.

Geesh, I know Ganz was no Frazier or Crouch, but some people seem to forget about some of the decent things he accomplished. He could be arrogant at times(alledgely), but he was a good leader, an excellent athlete and I think he took alot of pride putting on the scarlet and cream. I don't remember too many people screaming for Lee or Sprano last year. There were media hacks around the country that said Ganz was one of the most underrated QBs in the country, just because he played in the shadwos of Harrell, McCoy, Booger, etc.

Ganz was a gamer, I don't think you can take that from him. He was knocked on his a@@ a few times during the Gator Bowl and manned up to finish the job. Alot of the arrogance people talk of got him in trouble with some throws, but it also made him confident to go down the field and make plays that kept us in games.

I'm not knocking on Lee, but he has had 2 solid games in Husker gear and the concensus is he is 'alot' better than Ganz. He maybe, but I don't think Ganz is getting credit for what he did. Just saying......

Did you do the same thing for Tommie vs. Turner? Why the obsession with Ganz or the fans that love him?

I didn't have the "internets" back when Tommie was playing. I also think comparing Tommie to Turner isn't the same as comparing Ganz to Lee.

As far as my "obsession" I just think some folks have overracted with where they place him in the History of NU football. I also grew sour of him with his whole attitude (complaining) about being "short"-changed as far as the NFL goes. You can throw in the whole "Got Ganz" shirt thing as well.

I am waiting for him to appear on a TV spot with Johnny Rodgers pimping eye surgery though, or a local car dealership.

As far as my "obsession" I just think some folks have overracted with where they place him in the History of NU football. I also grew sour of him with his whole attitude (complaining) about being "short"-changed as far as the NFL goes. You can throw in the whole "Got Ganz" shirt thing as well.

I remember you complaining about Ganz ('love bug" references) long before this NFL thing came up. Also, so far as the Got Ganz shirt . . . isn't it a bit unfair to blame a player for fans' opinions of him?

I don't get it. Looks like excuses to short change a player who gave a helluva effort for Nebraska football for years of practice . . . and a year and a half of actual playing time. It almost looks like a personal vendetta. Did he run off with your lady? (kidding, kidding)

I remember you complaining about Ganz ('love bug" references) long before this NFL thing came up. Also, so far as the Got Ganz shirt . . . isn't it a bit unfair to blame a player for fans' opinions of him?

If I'm not mistaken the "Got Ganz" shirts weren't worn by fans they were worn by him and a couple of the WR's at a party during the 2007 season. Some say they were jokes but I kind of wonder about that.

The "Love-Bug" thing was a jab kind of like calling the Cody Green folks "leg humpers". He could do no wrong in their eyes.

I cheered for Ganz just like the rest of the folks on here. But unlike some I didn't think he was an "All-Timer" and I was not affraid to voice that. I also find it funny that he is a favorite of a lot of folks even though he was brought in by those two not very good recruiting guys from the previous staff. I forget their names though. :wacko:

And for the record I kind of like to stir the pot <_<:moreinterestingdedhoarse

If I'm not mistaken the "Got Ganz" shirts weren't worn by fans they were worn by him and a couple of the WR's at a party during the 2007 season. Some say they were jokes but I kind of wonder about that.

The "Love-Bug" thing was a jab kind of like calling the Cody Green folks "leg humpers". He could do no wrong in their eyes.

I cheered for Ganz just like the rest of the folks on here. But unlike some I didn't think he was an "All-Timer" and I was not affraid to voice that. I also find it funny that he is a favorite of a lot of folks even though he was brought in by those two not very good recruiting guys from the previous staff. I forget their names though. :wacko:

And for the record I kind of like to stir the pot <_<:moreinterestingdedhoarse

I don't think he is an all-timer either. In fact I don't know if anyone here believes that. What he was though, is probably the best all around qb at Nebraska out of the last 4 or 5. With that in mind it's easy to see the love.

Ganz made mistakes. Sometimes he made a lot of mistakes. He also helped us win 9 games last year . . . which was a large step in the right direction.

I'd guess Suh is a favorite of a lot folks as well . . . maybe even yourself. He also was brought in by the nameless ones. You can't hold that against the players.

I don't understand all the infighting about Ganz. You guys know that people's favorite players can be chosen on more than just on-the-field merits, right? Most of us probably liked Cory Ross ten times more than Lawrence Philips, but of course know that LP was a far superior running back.

Just because a lot of people really liked Ganz, doesn't mean they thought he was one of Nebraska's greatest QBs. He had a seemingly likable personality and was a fiery competitor who put very good numbers despite not having the prototypical quarterback's body. And of course, he made plenty of bad mistakes, including almost single-handedly giving away the Gator Bowl, among others. Lee vs. Ganz? This is silly, they both play for the same team.

Maybe a little stat sheet for the people with Ganz hard-ons?

WIN! :thumbs:horns2

Did you do the same thing for Tommie vs. Turner? Why the obsession with Ganz or the fans that love him?

Tommie=2 National Championships won, 3 played for

Turner=2 National Championships played for

Ganz=played hard, had a lot of heart. Rooted for the guy and loved his story. Matter of fact, he was one of my favorites on the team.....but putting him up as one of the top 5 QBs in the history of the program like many did last year soured many of us.

I'm glad somebody is trying to show that Ganz is just a little above average in this offense. As far as QBs go, he is like the Mickey Joseph of the option offense. Okay, but never quite had that other level to lead us to several wins. Not his fault, but we need better to get where we all want to be.

Maybe that person is Zac Lee, maybe it is Cody Green. Hell, maybe it is Tyler Gabbert. Whoever it is, they need to be talented enough that Watson can evolve this offense even further. I feel that Lee's elite arm strength can do it. Maybe Green's legs can do it, which are believed by many to be elite. Ganz didn't posses any elite athletic gifts. He just worked his a$$ off and took his chance when he got it. I respect and admire him for that, but don't make him out to be Crouch, Frost, Frazier, Taylor, Gill, Ferraggamo, or Tagge.