Fans asked to dress retro but in Red

Huskers.com

Husker Fans Asked to Dress Retro but Red

With the football team wearing retro uniforms, Husker fans are also encouraged to join in the fun. They're being asked to dress retro but still wear red to the game. This will be a fun way for fans to join in on the festivities surrounding this landmark event, and add to the traditional spirit of the day. Make your plans now to wear red retro sweaters, jackets, suits, dresses and Husker carnations!

Other Activities:

• 300th sellout logo placements on the field.
  • The state capitol will be beaming in red to celebrate the occasion.
  • Members of the 1962 team will be signing autographs at the pavilion and will take part in the Husker Sports Marketing pregame radio show from the Pavilion stage.
  • Homecoming will also be celebrated on Sept. 26 and the theme this year is "Game On" with many of the floats featuring a 300th theme and retro look.
  • Weather permitting, Husker fans have enjoyed flyovers for nearly every game in recent years. The flyover for the 300th sellout promises to be retro as well.
  • The Cornhusker Marching band will play songs from the early 60s.
  • Video salutes by HuskerVision for the 1962 team and the Devaney family; special video messages to Husker fans from Nebraska celebrities and a special postgame fan tribute video.
  • 100-percent biodegradable balloons with the 300th logo on them for Husker scores!
  • No celebration is complete without fireworks! Weather permitting, there will be a reason for fans to stay in their seats until the end of the game.
  • A commemorative logo, exclusive to adidas,will be usedin official 300th sellout apparel and will be available at the Huskers Authentic Team Store and other Husker retail shops.
  • Game tickets, programs and posters have been designed to look like those printed in the early 1960s.
  • A commemorative ticket poster print is available at the Huskers Authentic Team Store for $5 each. Each of the 300 ticket stubs were donated to the athletic department by Willis and Fran Regier of Bellevue. All season ticket holders (one per account) received a coupon in the mail for one free print.
  • The commission of a Mike Sullivan painting for display in the Osborne Athletic Complex lobby.The painting by the nationally known artist is part of a salute to Husker fans and will be unveiled to fans and media on Thursday, Sept. 24.
  • An on-site display featuring memorabilia from the 1960s is available in the West Stadium main entry.
  • At the Husker Nation Pavilion, every team picture from 1962 to current will be on display.
  • Two 25-foot 300th sellout logos will be painted on the field.

red cowboy hat with white N

white pants and shoes shiny and red belt

women short red skirts with white shiny go go boots

jade east cologne or old english leather cologne

western red shirt with fringe jacket

bell bottom jeans with red v neck sweater cowboy boots wide belt

red lettermans jacket

red or white leisure suit

http://huskerlegendsonline.com/images/cl_bd.jpg

http://mickmcgintyart.com/Bob%20Devaney120.jpg

I am not going to the game but if I were to I wouldn't have a clue what to wear.

I wish i had a retro jersey....... otherwise I have husker clothing from as early as 1996 that I can still fit into, but that's not exactly retro is it. <_<

Oh and one more thing, when the hell are they going to start selling the replica 1962 jerseys through Huskersauthentic.com? It's driving me mad!!!! :hellloooo

i bought a a 1962 jersey from husker hounds by 84th and center and it was only $55 it looks like the one that will be worn.