High praise for your lines from the X's & O's writer on TechSideline.com

permafour

In a pay article breaking down the game, he had this to say ...

I said it before the game and nothing that happened on Saturday changed my mind - the combination of Nebraska's offensive and defensive lines were better than Alabama's and will likely be the best combination of lines Tech will see all season. They were big, powerful, physical, tough and athletic. Historically, the offensive and defensive lines were the foundation of those great Nebraska teams of the 70's, 80's and 90's and they are well on their way to getting back to that. Those offensive and defensive lines won most of the trench battles against the Hokies. It's a rarity for a team to out-tough the Hokies, but Nebraska got the slight edge there on Saturday.

I really, really disagree that the combo in better than Alabama. But nevertheless, being mentioned as possibly being better than them is high praise in it of itself.

I think, after watching Alabama, that their DLine is extremely slow. NU's is quicker, and I would argue just as strong. I mean, look at the size of Suh's arms. That guy shoves his G into the backfield whenever he wants. The plan, however, was to contain.

As far as offensive line, I have trouble believing our group is that talented. I would say DL to NU, OL to 'Bama.

I really, really disagree that the combo in better than Alabama. But nevertheless, being mentioned as possibly being better than them is high praise in it of itself.

I think, after watching Alabama, that their DLine is extremely slow. NU's is quicker, and I would argue just as strong. I mean, look at the size of Suh's arms. That guy shoves his G into the backfield whenever he wants. The plan, however, was to contain.

As far as offensive line, I have trouble believing our group is that talented. I would say DL to NU, OL to 'Bama.

yeah if our o-line is as good as Bama's then we wouldn't have come away with 5 field goals. Then again, it was at Lane.

I agree that our O Line probably isn't as good as 'Bama's yet, but they are MUCH improved over recent seasons. If they continue to develop they'll be a fine unit during conference play.

Our D Line is hard to figure. We've seen great things from Suh and some good things from Crick, but I only recall one or two plays being made by either Pierre or Turner. I was expecting MUCH more from our ends. Maybe it's a scheme thing... ?

yeah if our o-line is as good as Bama's then we wouldn't have come away with 5 field goals. Then again, it was at Lane.

Agreed. If our O-line was so great, how did Bama get in the end zone when we couldn't. Weren't they sniffing around our Offensive coordinator last off-season? Judging from the outcomes of the NU and UA vs VT games, the fan base at Bama must be thinking they hired the right guy.

Agreed. If our O-line was so great, how did Bama get in the end zone when we couldn't. Weren't they sniffing around our Offensive coordinator last off-season? Judging from the outcomes of the NU and UA vs VT games, the fan base at Bama must be thinking they hired the right guy.

:facepalm:

Why all of the sudden is Shawn Watson an idiot. Damn that is crazy, last week he was the next head coach of Ohio State.

I am all for throwing ideas around, but the sheer magnitude of opinions and how they vary week to week never cease to amaze me.

Why all of the sudden is Shawn Watson an idiot. Damn that is crazy, last week he was the next head coach of Ohio State.

I am all for throwing ideas around, but the sheer magnitude of opinions and how they vary week to week never cease to amaze me.

He's not horrible but he's not the most creative OC in the BIg 12 or in the state of Nebraska for that matter.

He's not horrible but he's not the most creative OC in the BIg 12 or in the state of Nebraska for that matter.

You're right, Tom Osborne is better! ;)

Some times I seriously wonder if people are watching the same games I am. NU not reaching the endzone @ VT had little to do with play calling, and more to do with the complete lack of execution by the players. And one WR in particular.

If Holt kept his hands on the ball, and Lee doesn't implode in the second half, or if McNeill's TD isn't called back for holding, then Watson is still a hero. Not the scapegoat some fans are trying to make him out to be.