Some people suck

Im a pretty levelheaded guy...did my stint in the air force from 01-05, grew up on a family farm, and now back farming with a growing family and good outlook on life. However, i say this with complete honesty, if I saw someone shoot my dog, it would take an army of men johnny on the spot for me not to shoot the person that did it. not to kill, mind you, but in the foot. then the other. maybe a hand too for good measure.

I hope karma, whatever you want to call it, comes full circle on the low life, no good, dirt eatin summabeeyotch that did this to your dog, and to your family.

WTF. Why would anyone shoot a dog? Also why would anyone even be carrying a gun on a gravel road???

I have a couple of ideas who it was but they are both denying it. People out here are proud of their weapons. Just wish that responsibility went along with that.

I really appreciate all the support guys..

Thank you...

So Sorry, HSKRNOKC.

I got my 1st Siberian Husky for my 12th BD..

A classmate's mom put a Husky puppys ad in the local paper about the same time I read "White Fang"..

I really wanted a Malamute, but being a small (class B) town, I figured this was as close as I'd ever get...

I begged and promised noone would ever need to get me another present for the rest of my life.. The whole family chipped in for the $25..Even my poor college student brother.

One day (~4 years later?) she got loose and returned two days later with her tail half shot off ...Ever see a Husky's tail? How they curve?..this one bent down and then fell off a week later..sad little nub...Vet said the vertebrae was shattered dead center.

A guy that hunted/worked with my oldest brother bragged about shooting a wolf in his back yard, and I was afraid my brother might retaliate, So I told him about "Husker's" collection of half eaten half buried cats in the back yard, and the guy was probably just protecting his wife's cats. (while I secretly planned my own revenge) :box

A couple years later when I was a Freshman at UNL a few months after my Dad died and my Big Brother was killed in an auto accident, I took my dog to KSU for experimental knee surgery (blew most of my 2nd semester tuition) the x-rays showed her butt was full of buckshot..(we were pretty sure the tail was shot with a rifle) :dunno

A decade later..I'd moved out here with my 2nd Husky and was walking her close to the edge of the desert when we were shot at..I first thought it was a car backfiring, but then noticed the dirt kick up near the leash between me and my dog..Strange how you never know how you'll react to something like that...I chased the car for ~50' before it dawned on me I could get my dog shot...Then a half hour later after the adrenaline wore off while I was calling the police, I realized I could've gotten shot.

Don't know where I'm going with this..I just feel for you..

And make sure your kids are safe from this perp.

So Sorry, HSKRNOKC.

I got my 1st Siberian Husky for my 12th BD..The whole family chipped in for the $25..Even my poor brother in college.

One day (~5 years later?) she got loose and returned two days later with her tail half shot off ...Ever see a Husky's tail? How they curve?..this one bent down and then fell off a week later..sad little nub.

A guy that hunted/worked with my oldest brother bragged about shooting a wolf in his back yard, and I was afraid my brother might retaliate, So I told him about "Husker's" collection of half eaten half buried cats in the back yard, and the guy was probably just protecting his wife's cats. (while I secretly planned my own revenge) :box

A couple years later when I was a Freshman at UNL a few months after my Dad died and my Big Brother was killed in an auto accident, I took my dog to KSU for experimental knee surgery (blew most of my 2nd semester tuition) the x-rays showed her butt was full of buckshot..(we were pretty sure the tail was shot with a rifle) :dunno

A decade later..I'd moved out here with my 2nd Husky and was walking her close to the edge of the desert when we were shot at..I first thought it was a car backfiring, but then noticed the dirt kick up near the leash between me and my dog..Strange how you never know how you'll react to something like that...I chased the car for ~50' before it dawned on me I could get my dog shot...Then a half hour later after the adrenaline wore off while I was calling the police, I realized I could've gotten shot.

Wow talk about horrible luck. I'm really sorry to hear that, losing ur dad & ur brother at around the same time mustve been really hard

So Sorry, HSKRNOKC.

I got my 1st Siberian Husky for my 12th BD..The whole family chipped in for the $25..Even my poor brother in college.

One day (~5 years later?) she got loose and returned two days later with her tail half shot off ...Ever see a Husky's tail? How they curve?..this one bent down and then fell off a week later..sad little nub.

Wow talk about horrible luck. I'm really sorry to hear that, losing ur dad & ur brother at around the same time mustve been really hard

Yeah..My Dad died of an unexpected MI 6 weeks before I was planning on walking on at UNL..I went back home after my 1st week at school for Labor Day to meet up with my Bro to re-shingle our roof..He was killed about 20 miles from his home in Denver on the way back after his Fiance fell asleep at the wheel.

WTF. Why would anyone shoot a dog? Also why would anyone even be carrying a gun on a gravel road???

I have a couple of ideas who it was but they are both denying it. People out here are proud of their weapons. Just wish that responsibility went along with that.

I really appreciate all the support guys..

Thank you...

This is where in law enforcement we start playing smoke and mirrors. I hate people sometimes............ :boxosoap