Cody Green will play today

Hunter94

i think Green will see some major playing time today, Zac needs to heal up and get healthy for the Big 12 opener. and Green needs some reps, as Zac has the fracture of the left thumb.

I know that the thought of Green getting any sort of playing time makes most of the posters on these boards :bang and :madash and :facepalm: , but I wouldn't mind seeing Green get a little playing time. It would probably be wise to rest Zac up a little and make sure his thumb heals.

But I would also like for Zac to play enough to get some of his confidence that may have been shaken up a little bit in the VaTech game last week.

Cody is going to get playing time today and it's blatantly obvious. This game is going to be similar to how our first two games went.

The coaching staff also said earlier this week they are going to try to get a lot more younger guys in the game than usual to get them more experience before conference play.

i think Green will see some major playing time today, Zac needs to heal up and get healthy for the Big 12 opener. and Green needs some reps, as Zac has the fracture of the left thumb.

I don't know you guys....I'm trying to get a read on my new Husker friends.

On one hand, you guys say Mizzou will be a pushover and you'll rack up 60 points, no matter who you wheel out there as QB.

On the other hand you say Zac needs to heal and get ready for the Big XII opener (Tigers).

On one hand, you guys say Mizzou will be a pushover and you'll rack up 60 points, no matter who you wheel out there as QB.

On the other hand you say Zac needs to heal and get ready for the Big XII opener (Tigers).

Hmm, i dont think you have read my take on the Mizzou game. I think it will be a good game, it will be a good test for both teams. But i think ultimately, Huskers win this game, they have a better defense than any team Mizzou has played all year thus far. That will prove a challenge to Gabbert, as it seems he doesnt do very well when the O-line breaks down and he takes great pressure, and im Suh and Crick are gonna be in his face all game. Not to mention, the Mizzou running game has gotten off to a very slow start seeing that have not really played anyone that good yet. Washington has only averaged 75yds per game rushing the ball, and its not gonna be any better against the Huskers.

Huskers offense needs works, we will see some good stuff out there against ULL today, but the true test comes in Columbia when we get to see how Lee has handles his second away game in yet another hostile environment. The O-line has been more than great this year, with only two sacks so far this year. The key to this game, will kind of be like the key to the VaTech game, establishing a running game early, Mizzou has proved so far that they have a little difficulty stopping the passing game so far this year, averaging almost 250yds per game.

All in all, i think this game is going to turn out to be what the VaTech game should have been, taking in consideration that our offense can do much better in the red zone than it did last week.

Huskers 35 - Mizzou 21

Cody has to get some playing time today. If Lee gets dinged again, Cody needs to be able step up and do what hes being groomed for. I still think Lee got hurt last week, so it would be good to see Cody get some playing time, other than just mop up time.

GBR!!!

well lets hope since last week he's learned more that just those 15 plays.........

Cody has to get some playing time today. If Lee gets dinged again, Cody needs to be able step up and do what hes being groomed for. I still think Lee got hurt last week, so it would be good to see Cody get some playing time, other than just mop up time.

GBR!!!

well lets hope since last week he's learned more that just those 15 plays.........

15 plays 15 TD's. I can live with that. :lol:

GBR!!!

why do i get the feeling that the compassion for Lee's non-throwing hand not getting further injured is being used as an excuse to see Cody Green make a giant step to seeing more playing time or start with the conference games coming up.

Not saying i dont expect to see him play today, i think he will. But to play in the 1st half is calling him a starter, to play the entire 2nd half is a bit of a stretch and calling a lack of faith in Lee, the most i see Green playing, if he does play, is the entire 4th quarter, much like the FAU game.

Predicting if Green plays and how much is just a conversation piece here. A lot will depend on the flow of the game and of course the score at the time. With an 11 day rest after this one I don't think trying to keep anyone fresh will be an issue. Lee needs his reps, this is only his 4th start, the receivers definately need more experience and the o line still is gelling albeit at a pretty good rate. We'll see a lot of Burkhead regardless and some experiments with the safeties but I don't look for anything beyond what we saw in the first 2 games. But I wouldn't mind seeing Green in some designed plays for him earlier. Give Texas Tech something else to prepare for in 3 weeks.

Well according to posts on the Missouri boards Nevada is a better team than NU.....so Missouri shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just a walk in the park for you boys.