Asante/Thenarse Injuries

This is all I could find - from KETV

Injury Concerns Mar Otherwise Dominant Effort

September 26, 2009 by Steve Hanway

Nebraska took control early against Louisiana-Lafayette, capitalizing on some good bounces to take a 34-0 lead in the second quarter. But along the way, a number of Husker players took some punishment. Safety Rickey Thenarse left with what may have been a knee injury. Tight end Mike McNeil may have sprained an ankle. Safety Larry Asante managed to injure an ankle as he was running back an interception to give NU the 34-0 margin. Cornerback Prince Amukamara also limped off the field with an apparent ankle sprain. Not things you want to see in the last game before the start of conference play.

This is all I could find - from KETV

Injury Concerns Mar Otherwise Dominant Effort

September 26, 2009 by Steve Hanway

Nebraska took control early against Louisiana-Lafayette, capitalizing on some good bounces to take a 34-0 lead in the second quarter. But along the way, a number of Husker players took some punishment. Safety Rickey Thenarse left with what may have been a knee injury. Tight end Mike McNeil may have sprained an ankle. Safety Larry Asante managed to injure an ankle as he was running back an interception to give NU the 34-0 margin. Cornerback Prince Amukamara also limped off the field with an apparent ankle sprain. Not things you want to see in the last game before the start of conference play.

Bo said that Asante will be ready to go but he isnt sure about Thenarse...and seeing the replay of him i think he may have torn a ligament in his knee cause his leg gave out after he planted his foot

How serious is Mike McNeill's apparent sprained ankle?

Until I read it in the paper I didn't know he was injured. I missed that in the game.

I remember seeing McNeil in the game with a wrap around his ankle, which leads me to believe that they wrapped it up and he was still able to play.

The good news is that the players have a couple days off this week with no practice and they have 12 days to get ready for Missouri. With the exception of Thenarse, I think these guys will be ready to go for the Missouri game.

What was the deal with Asante? Couldn't figure during the game if his injury happened during the play or from the celebration after. He looked to be in a lot of pain following the play.

Unfortunately I could not see from my seat what happened, because of all the other students in front of me.

But, he appeared fine running into the end zone, and the next thing you know he is down behind the end zone in pain. After the game, Bo Pelini said he thought Asante was just bruised but wasn't exactly sure on the injury.