Griffin Done

Dan_F_30

I like how everyone was pumping Baylor up preseason saying how many weapons they had BESIDES Griffin, but now that Griffin is injured they are just Baylor again.

I could care less if he comes back. After seeing what the Huskers did with Taylor, I was very confident about the October 31st game.

Agreed. Those of us saying Baylor was one-dimensional were being ignored. People were calling for the Husker upset, calling it a "trap game," etc. Now that's all over and done with because their one weapon is hurt.

I like how everyone was pumping Baylor up preseason saying how many weapons they had BESIDES Griffin, but now that Griffin is injured they are just Baylor again.

I could care less if he comes back. After seeing what the Huskers did with Taylor, I was very confident about the October 31st game.

Agreed. Those of us saying Baylor was one-dimensional were being ignored. People were calling for the Husker upset, calling it a "trap game," etc. Now that's all over and done with because their one weapon is hurt.

Well said by both of you.

This really sucks, in my opinion, because I like opposition being at full strength so a win against them looks better :) . Now that Griffin is gone though, our trip to Waco is going to be much easier and Baylor will probably not make bowl eligibility this year.

In the ten years preceding Briles' arrival, Houston won 32 games and reached one bowl game. In his five years there, they won 34 games and reached four bowl games.

In the six years preceding Briles' arrival, Baylor landed three four-star recruits according to rivals. Last year alone they landed three four-star recruits (Nebraska had five).

Griffin actually played quite poorly in their first two games yet they still managed to beat Wake Forest on the road.

With or without Griffin, Baylor is not the trainwreck it was three years ago.

With or without Griffin, Baylor is not the trainwreck it was three years ago.

True. But even with Griffin they weren't a juggernaut. VT had better players across the field and we held them to their lowest point total and yardage production of the season so far. I have zero doubt that we would have contained Griffin, and once that was done, their offense would have folded. Without him.. who know what they're going to do?

Assuming he gets granted a medical redshirt, we now get to welcome him to Lincoln his senior year...it'll be interesting to see the impact he has on Baylor by then. I for one think the program is turning a corner and they could be pretty good by then.

Hasn't he played too many quarters this year to get a medical redshirt?

He played 10 quarters. According to an article I read (may not be true, so grain of salt here) he may be granted a medical redshirt if he's only played 30% of the games or if the injury happened in the first three games. This was their third game.

My guess is they'll have to wait and see if Baylor makes it to a bowl game.

If that's the case, then by the time Griffin is a senior and comes to Lincoln:

1. Briles will be gone from Baylor (if they continue to show improvement under him); or

2. Briles will still be there because Baylor falls back into their old Baylor ways.

Either way, we'll be able to handle them. :-)

It's a tough break this season for Griffin and Baylor, though.

the baylor game I had thought would be very tough for nu, as his speed is something you would have a hard time dealing with. I keep seeing how you guys think you are fast, I don't think so at all. Last yr you were painfully slow is why you took several a**whuppings at home from MU and OU, are better now but still arn't where you need to be to hang with the faster spread teams. Griffin would have been tough for you to handle in waco, mu gets then at columbia so that would be an easier task and there de's and lbers are quicker than nu's, so had the speed to run with him.

wouldn't write them off as they still have upgraded their talent base adn briles knows how to score pts.

the baylor game I had thought would be very tough for nu, as his speed is something you would have a hard time dealing with. I keep seeing how you guys think you are fast, I don't think so at all. Last yr you were painfully slow is why you took several a**whuppings at home from MU and OU, are better now but still arn't where you need to be to hang with the faster spread teams. Griffin would have been tough for you to handle in waco, mu gets then at columbia so that would be an easier task and there de's and lbers are quicker than nu's, so had the speed to run with him.

wouldn't write them off as they still have upgraded their talent base adn briles knows how to score pts.

I am not sure about the DE's, but I call BS on the LB's. I have watched MU play twice now and Spoon not withstanding they are not faster than NU's LB's.

I think Griffin and Tyrod are the same caliber QB and Tyrod wasn't tough to handle in Blacksburg. We also had LBs chasing Griffin down behind the line and out in the flats last year. It is unfortunate that he is out, it would have been nice to beat them at their best.

I don't see where you are seeing us being slow? We have played with a very fast team and were able to keep up. Don't worry about our speed. Worry about your offensive lines INABILITY to block. That's gonna wreak havoc when the Blackshirts come calling.

:restore

Also, you can't deny that Robert Griffin III is a MUCH more raw talent than is Tyrod Taylor and that putting the two head to head, Taylor is the better quarterback. Obviously he doesn't have QUITE as much speed as Griffin, but he easily makes better decisions and our defense contained him easily, holding Va Tech to a very low offensive output.

I GUARANTEE we would have contained Griffin. We contained him enough to win last year when the defense was still coming into its' own. It is not where it wants to be RIGHT NOW, but it is much farther on the progress path then it was at this time last year.

I seem to remember last week hearing poor South Florida, just too bad they lost their starter, now they have far less chance than the trivial amount they had prior.

Howd that work out?

Never disrespect a team. Baylor will be ready to play. Kids step up sometimes when forced to. They have a good coach, and just may have another player on the team. Until we see them play with out him against another opponent we have no real knowledge of what we face.