Early line

Twodocs

That's carzy. Missouri was favored by 7 against Nevada! I would think that Nebraska would be favored.

Your overlooking something. The game had NEVADA in it. U of N is in RENO. Lines are created to generate equal betting, not predict scores. SO what fan base to you think has a easier time placing bets. Ones that bet illegally through bookies across the country. Or ones that walk across the street to their sports book??

Who cares, Missouri sucks! :power

Nice one .... :dumdum

you didnt understand. I tried to educate you. I could have said, "hey look at the re-re that doesnt know what the hell he is talking about" that might have worked better.

OOH OOH, personal attack...

BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNED

I agree. That was clearly a personal attack & there should be a warning.

"There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling)."

Clearly a verbal attack on another user.

Personally, I think Fro Daddy's post is not a big deal & pretty harmless. But I saw a Husker fan get banned a week or two ago for making a similar "personal attack" which also seemed like not a big deal & harmless (told someone to quit being an a-hole or no need to be an a-hole or something like that, a-hole is the exact word he used, he did not say a$$hole). It would be very hypocritical of the mod who banned that Husker fan to not at least issue Fro Daddy a warning for making a personal attack

"There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling)."

Personally, I think Fro Daddy's post is not a big deal & pretty harmless. But I saw a Husker fan get banned a week or two ago for making a similar "personal attack" which also seemed like not a big deal & harmless (told someone to quit being an a-hole or no need to be an a-hole or something like that, a-hole is the exact word he used, he did not say a$$hole). It would be very hypocritical of the mod who banned that Husker fan to not at least issue Fro Daddy a warning for making a personal attack

Depends...

What's a re-re?

And shouldn't this "Missouri Sucks" business just be the punchline to "Why Louisiana and most of Arkansas don't fall into the Gulf of Mexico?".

Again: Where are you getting a line this early? Are you just guessing?

Almost guaranteed. Vegas isn't concerned with our game right now - they have an entire weekend of pro & college games to manage lines for, not to mention MLB is still limping through the end of its season.

I'd love to see a link to this line, but odds are he just made it up.

Almost guaranteed. Vegas isn't concerned with our game right now - they have an entire weekend of pro & college games to manage lines for, not to mention MLB is still limping through the end of its season.

What are the odds? Is it something I could put money on?

What are the odds? Is it something I could put money on?

You'd have to ask Vegas. I'm terrible with numbers.

What you obviously missed, then, is that the former member made multiple personal attacks in several threads. You also obviously missed the posts prior to Fro's where members attached Missouri posters - and we didn't warn, suspend, or ban them. You also have obviously missed the fact that we try and utilize a little discretion in these matters. Fro has a history with the Board - he's been a good poster in his time here. He lost his cool on one post on one thread - he didn't, unlike the former member, go off on a tirade of insults in multiple posts in multiple threads. A big difference.

In addition, the subject of MU v. NU is bound to generate a lot of heat. We expect a few slips - and in fact, we've seen them (almost all from Husker fans) and rather than increase warning levels we've moved the threads, or reminded people in posts.

If you believe this is hypocritical, that's your business. But you'll at least look somewhat credible if you get your facts straight, and get all the relevant facts.

So does this mean I can start calling any Missouri fan who makes a post I disagree with a "re-re"?

You missed this part:

You also have obviously missed the fact that we try and utilize a little discretion in these matters.

As way of clarification, that means the answer is, "It depends". If some Tiger fan comes on like "Catmanzou" who is obviously trolling, then you'll probably get away with it. That's what happened when a couple of members made personal attacks against him - in fact, at least one Missouri fan decided to try and pull the same thing you did by bringing up that there were personal attacks. You might have noticed that I also explained to that Missouri fan that the kid got what he deserved and we wouldn't take any action against the members who had attacked him.

But "any Missouri fan"? Under any circumstances? No.

So does this mean I can start calling any Missouri fan who makes a post I disagree with a "re-re"?

Also, I searched through this threat & couldnt find anything posted by a Husker fan that could somehow be construed as a 'personal attack' against a Missouri fan. If you were referring to other threads, I don't read every single thread on Huskerboard - if I did happen to come across 1 of the threads then I mustve missed it. Also, I only intended for my post to pertain to this thread

Edited by AngryHusker88

Also, I searched through this threat & couldnt find anything posted by a Husker fan that could somehow be construed as a 'personal attack' against a Missouri fan. If you were referring to other threads, I don't read every single thread on Huskerboard. Also, I only intended for my post to pertain to this thread

Actually, you didn't. You referenced the action we took against another member when we banned him. In fact, that was your basis for making the accusation that not warning Fro was "hypocritical". You made a comparison between two situations, spanning multiple topics.

Try again.

Yeah thats cute - saying "try again" - you look so smart & u've made me look so dumb

Yeah, I feel a little dumb right now but since I made an obvious reference to that other thread I figured that was obvious. What I meant - & I couldve been more clear - was that anything else I posted was meant to only pertain to this thread. I havent noticed any personal attacks made against the Tiger fans on this board - the threads you were referencing. I was trying to say my post was not meant to be pertaining to those threads b/c I havent read them or if I have then I missed the posts you were referring to. Obviously I'm well aware I made a direct reference to the thread where the Husker fan got banned for saying a-hole.

Edited by AngryHusker88