Amazing stat (and good MU/NU article)

That's a great article right up until the part where he fails to discuss Missouri's opponent pass defense. Illinois ranks 98th against the pass. Bowling Green ranks 89th. Nevada ranks 119th (out of 120 teams) against the pass. I understand he's selling papers, but Missouri's "explosive" pass offense has faced horrible, HORRIBLE pass defenses. You simply cannot give the "advantage" to Missouri without discussing the strength of the pass defenses they've faced.

Yes, Missouri is ranked 6th in the nation for pass efficiency. That's great, but for God's sake - they've played NOBODY. When they square off against the Huskers they'll be facing a pass defense ranked 73 spots higher than their previous best opponent.

Like this article, without context Nebraska's numbers mean nothing. Maybe they haven't faced a good passing offense yet. Maybe their numbers, like Missouri's, are inflated by weak passing offense foes.

Or maybe not.

Virginia Tech is 34th in the nation in passing efficiency. Arkansas State is 69th. ULL is 92nd. And FAU is 85th, meaning Nebraska's opponents aren't that great passing the ball. But Nebraska has faced a passing offense ranked higher than 50th, which is more than you can say for Missouri's opponents' defense.

I'll keep saying this until I'm blue in the face - Nebraska has scored more against better defenses than Missouri, and they've held better offenses to less points than Missouri. The stats don't lie.

I'm not saying this is a guarantee we'll win. But all things considered, I'd rather be on our end of the stats than Missouri's.

The stats don't lie.

I'm not saying this is a guarantee we'll win. But all things considered, I'd rather be on our end of the stats than Missouri's.

Apparently they do, just ask OU, Houston, (insert any of the other teams already upset this year). In virtually every case the favorite team going in was better in the stats department than their underdog opponent.

The stats don't lie.

Apparently they do, just ask OU, Houston, (insert any of the other teams already upset this year). In virtually every case the favorite team going in was better in the stats department than their underdog opponent.

Sure, anyone can beat anyone. But you can't tell me you're happy that Missouri has played weaker opponents and scored less and allowed more points, while Nebraska has played stronger opponents and allowed fewer points while scoring more.

And read the part above in bold again. NONE of this guarantees a Husker victory. It's just better to be on this side of the stats than your side. That's all.

PS - Missouri is ranked higher than Nebraska in the Coach's Poll. So whose victory would be the upset?

As far as the underdog winning mucous discharge of a post... ;)

There is one thing Nebraska has not done since Pelini has gotten here, and that is lose a game they were favored in. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but going over the schedules from last year and this year, I don't see one loss in a game we were favored in.

In all honesty, many of the games Nebraska has been favored in are against obvious weaker opponents, but it is still something to take note of. USC and OU can't even brag about this right now..

There is one thing Nebraska has not done since Pelini has gotten here, and that is lose a game they were favored in. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but going over the schedules from last year and this year, I don't see one loss in a game we were favored in.

In all honesty, many of the games Nebraska has been favored in are against obvious weaker opponents, but it is still something to take note of. USC and OU can't even brag about this right now..

I believe we were favored against VT in Lincoln last year.

I believe we were favored against VT in Lincoln last year.

I thought we were a 1 or 2 point dog . . .

Last year's game:

Virginia Tech Hokies +7 (3-1) 1-2 ATS at Nebraska Cornhuskers -7 (3-0) 2-1 ATS

http://www.predictem.com/cfb/hokies-cornhuskers.php

Btw Not only does this article use our opponents defensive rankings against the run against us while completely ignoring the passing rankings for Missouri's opponents, this little gem is kinda funny too....

ADVANTAGE: This will be the first true explosive pass offense the Huskers have faced. Unless they can generate a lethal pass rush, the edge here goes to MISSOURI and the quarterback the Huskers hoped would be playing for them on Thursday.

Pretty sure if Gabbert would have signed with Nebraska he would have red shirted last year as we still had Lee and Witt. So unlike at Missouri where he's a sophmore replacing a departed senior with absolutely no depth behind him, Gabbert would be a RS-freshman for us and most likely be the #2 QB right now and Green would be getting a red-shirt this season. Lee would likely be our QB this year whether we had Gabbert or not.

Dave Matter does a great job covering the Tigers and the Big 12 in general. And the article is right on. Too bad he allows comments or Husker fans. Check out this mental giant:

BigRedRules sez:

Remember mizzou glory days when they won those two north titles. Well in are darkest days we even won a north title and it soon will return to those days when mizzou is a bottom feeder just give it a couple years. History will soon have huskers running over the north and titles will come are way. See mizzou is winning now because the north is weak well when its strong again like it was when the big 12 started well probable look at you guys like we look at iowa state.

Dave Matter does a great job covering the Tigers and the Big 12 in general. And the article is right on. Too bad he allows comments or Husker fans. Check out this mental giant:

BigRedRules sez:

Remember mizzou glory days when they won those two north titles. Well in are darkest days we even won a north title and it soon will return to those days when mizzou is a bottom feeder just give it a couple years. History will soon have huskers running over the north and titles will come are way. See mizzou is winning now because the north is weak well when its strong again like it was when the big 12 started well probable look at you guys like we look at iowa state.

Not defending this guy, but have you seen some of the posts by your own fans on this very site?

Our troll buddy rcruter made an appearance on this blog:

rcruter says...

husker fans you guys should move out of mommies basement and see how the real world works. sorry couldn't help myself, you guys are just so into SOS and BS and trying to compare who did what in the preseason. Worse thing and most embarassing is you have to bray like the mindless donkey's you are about a loss! lol, wow how far the faithful have fallen but you know the truth, Bo has no wins you can talk about, you have had your hd handed to you by the better teams in the conference, OU and MU (man that gets your goat now admit it but it's true) marched into your cathedral and destroyed you, being an also ran usedtobe program just galls you.

Think back pilgrim's to last yrs pregame braying by the big dead faithful, all that talk of Pellini's "Mystery Defense" that was going to shut down the vaunted MU Offense. How did that work out for you? Hmmmm, anyone, anyone, I thought not! Go back into your basements and stop tlking, the game will start soon. Who will win, I don't know truthfully, both are young teams with pluses and minuses, MU still has the talent edge (tho you furvently don't want to believe that) and the D is better than last, which shut down your veteran O of last yr, you had to resort to keeping in your starters when MU had 2nd and 3rd teamers in, way to go huskers!

Anyway the best team will win, instead of making stupid statements and coming here once a year in a desperate bid to be relevant again, your not, why don't you wait and see who your team truly is?

:facepalm:

Why is it so hard for people to spell out their words? Tlking? Furvently? It's hard to read crap like that. Plus the whole point was crap. I think my favorite part is MU being included with OU as the "better" teams in the conference. Who has MU beaten that was so great? A KU team in 07 that dodged Texas and Oklahoma on the schedule? I guess that's about it...

Last year's game:

Virginia Tech Hokies +7 (3-1) 1-2 ATS at Nebraska Cornhuskers -7 (3-0) 2-1 ATS

http://www.predictem.com/cfb/hokies-cornhuskers.php

Btw Not only does this article use our opponents defensive rankings against the run against us while completely ignoring the passing rankings for Missouri's opponents, this little gem is kinda funny too....

ADVANTAGE: This will be the first true explosive pass offense the Huskers have faced. Unless they can generate a lethal pass rush, the edge here goes to MISSOURI and the quarterback the Huskers hoped would be playing for them on Thursday.

Pretty sure if Gabbert would have signed with Nebraska he would have red shirted last year as we still had Lee and Witt. So unlike at Missouri where he's a sophmore replacing a departed senior with absolutely no depth behind him, Gabbert would be a RS-freshman for us and most likely be the #2 QB right now and Green would be getting a red-shirt this season. Lee would likely be our QB this year whether we had Gabbert or not.

I stand corrected. :)