Advantage of Thursday Night Games

GI56

TO was on the Sports nightly show and he said he had the right to veto this game but after talking to Bo they took the Thursday late slot and this was one reason. And also TO cited what it did for the schedule breaks. TO also said they are already working for a Thursday late game next year. It takes some work due to classes and parking. He did not name the game but I bet it is worked around a bye week game. I am guessing it could be Texas!

Also, if we look good we really get some mojo from the whole nation! We move up and we get more FREE tv games! In stunning HD!

The national exposure is fantastic. It's even better now that we have a product worthy of being shown off.

Also to our advantage, I believe we are undefeated in Thursday night ESPN games at 5-0. I don't remember where I saw that, but I think Oklahoma St in 95 and So. Mississippi in 03 off the top of my head. Arizona St in 02?

Thursday, Nov. 25, 1965 vs. Oklahoma

Won 21 - 9

Thursday, Nov. 24, 1966 vs. Oklahoma

Lost 9 - 10

Thursday, Nov. 23, 1967 vs. Oklahoma

Lost 14 - 21

Thursday, Nov. 25, 1971 vs. Oklahoma

Won 35 - 31

Thursday, Nov. 23, 1972 vs. Oklahoma

Lost 14 - 17

Thursday, Oct. 7, 1993 vs. Oklahoma St

Won 27 - 13

Thursday, Sept. 8, 1994 vs. Texas Tech

Won 42 - 16

Thursday, Aug. 31, 1995 vs. Oklahoma St

Won 64 - 21

Thursday, Sept. 20, 2001 vs. Rice

Won 48 - 3

(game was moved to Thursday due to events that happened on Sept. 11)

Thursday, Sept. 25, 2003 vs. Southern Miss

Won 38 - 14

The 1987 Sugar Bowl vs. LSU (won 30-15), the 2001 Rose Bowl vs. Miami and last years Gator Bowl win over Clemson were on Thursdays.

The national exposure is fantastic. It's even better now that we have a product worthy of being shown off.

Did anyone else notice ESPN pimp this game on MNF last night? It was very short and I only saw it once. They had a picture of Blaine Gabbert on the screen and said 'Tune in Thursday night as the the Missouri Tigers take on the Nebraska........etc.' I bring it up because I was happy to see MU get top billing. :star:star:star:star:star

Sorry guys but, Saturday is for college football. If the sell out streak is ever broken I fear it will be on a Thursday night versus a lesser opponent.

T_O_B

:nanalama

I got to imagine any Thursday night game will be with a major/interesting contender. It will be worthy of national attention. I don't think we would play a sun belt team on a Thursday night.

I am not a big fan of the Thursday night games. It really F's with everything. Luckily we had a bye week, but imagine if we only had 4 days to prepare? Also as a fan you practically have to take 2 days off work, the day of to tailgate and prepare yourself, the day after to recover from a late night, this game wont end till friday morning as late as the start is. Then you have to wait 8 days for another game instead of the usually painful 7. YUK!