Tired of the false NU/Gabbert hype in the media.

Yeah the game sells itself. They really are reaching for material. It's two top 25 (presently) teams playing the only nationally televised game of the evening.

And Vince, you ARE one of those types that will argue to the end. You're on here TRYING to ridicule others and that's probably because you get no real satisfaction out of anything else in your life. Go ahead and insult me and make some childish remark about my parents and whatnot, it's what you live for.

As for the game. It should be a good one. Hopefully they don't have some segment on Gabbert's decision. It's been beat to death. I also saw a comment about the past "few" years missouri dominating Nebraska and unless you're counting on Tomorrow's contest to go your way, you are mistaken. 06 Nebraska won so that is a couple of years. No need to exaggerate.

Missouri fans seem to think there's this massive talent gap...there isn't and wasn't. If that were the case, the talent gap between Nebraska and Oklahoma would be astronomical since OU clearly has had superior talent than Missouri. Nebraska came into that 07 game with no confidence after being destroyed by a USC team that WAS much better. Missouri got up quick and Nebraska folded. Last year Bo was still trying to repair the psyche of the team. Players admitted that the end of the Vatech game showed them they COULD play with better teams. Missouri was ranked higher than VaTech and I could see why the kids would feel concerned. The week after at TT they started to play like a team that could win big games.

Bottom line is this year's Nebraska team has come a long way and I don't believe there is a talent gap. It will come down to coaching Thursday. Coaching during the game and leading up to it.

A lot of people are saying this game ESPN is over hyping this. They have to outside of our area it doesnt mean anything. They do this with all the games on ESPN they try to find a storyline and played on that. Also please remember that outside of NE, MO, and maybe some of the other Big 12 schools they dont know the history behind NU and MO. When Georgia play Florida after Georgia's whole team celebrated on the field. All they talked about was THE REVENGE FACTOR. Texas and Texas Tech this year? THE REVENGE FACTOR. FL and TN from Lane Kiffin statements? THE REVENGE FACTOR. Story line help make ESPN the channel it is. We know the importance of this game, but they have to spice it up for the people that dont know or care about either MU or our beloved NU.

So be prepared to hear about Suh spitting, BG decommitment, the possible resurrgance of NU Football, TO - Solich - Callahan - Pelini, the up and coming MU program.

They will make this like a border war. We will probaly see the welcome to Missouri sign and the Good life sign, and they may go as far as to talk about the Bell that was the trophy.

A lot of people are saying this game ESPN is over hyping this. They have to outside of our area it doesnt mean anything. They do this with all the games on ESPN they try to find a storyline and played on that. Also please remember that outside of NE, MO, and maybe some of the other Big 12 schools they dont know the history behind NU and MO. When Georgia play Florida after Georgia's whole team celebrated on the field. All they talked about was THE REVENGE FACTOR. Texas and Texas Tech this year? THE REVENGE FACTOR. FL and TN from Lane Kiffin statements? THE REVENGE FACTOR. Story line help make ESPN the channel it is. We know the importance of this game, but they have to spice it up for the people that dont know or care about either MU or our beloved NU.

So be prepared to hear about Suh spitting, BG decommitment, the possible resurrgance of NU Football, TO - Solich - Callahan - Pelini, the up and coming MU program.

They will make this like a border war. We will probaly see the welcome to Missouri sign and the Good life sign, and they may go as far as to talk about the Bell that was the trophy.

Nice post. ESPN over hypes everything. Anybody seen how they promote The Big 11, The SEC, and The NBA?

..., it's you that doesn't get it. NU wins and win like they should - these stories stop. MU continues to win and the stories like this will continue. Get it now? God I hope so. It can't be anymore clear that what I've made it.

Hya Vince..

I'm not sure I agree..

That these "stories will ever stop.

Seems like the last decade or so, the media has been trying to attract a broader audience (meaning more women).

In order to get the average woman interested in football or specific teams, I've read where they've been making an effort to "personalize" the teams..get them and other casual fans to care about individual players or coaches so that they'll watch.

Having been raised on the belief that this is the ultimate team sport, it still frustrates me a little when they run a 30 second commercial stressing an individual, "See Blainey Gabbert and the Tigers take on Roy Helu (or a player to be named later) and the Huskers in a battle for northern agression".

Nice post. ESPN over hypes everything. Anybody seen how they promote The Big 11, The SEC, and The NBA?

Or how they've been patting themselves on the back every four minutes today, about hyping Bret Farvelous, by bringing up a two week old poll of nfl players asking who the most over-rated player was..(Brett was number one)...they kept going on and on about, "Really?" they thought Brett the God was over-rated?.."They MUST have been jealous...It had nothing to do with our constant mentioning of his name or over coverage of the unretirement"... dedhoarse

Makes it tough for us regular fans to fully appreciate all that is Farve.

..., it's you that doesn't get it. NU wins and win like they should - these stories stop. MU continues to win and the stories like this will continue. Get it now? God I hope so. It can't be anymore clear that what I've made it.

Hya Vince..

I'm not sure I agree..

That these "stories will ever stop.

Seems like the last decade or so, the media has been trying to attract a broader audience (meaning more women).

In order to get the average woman interested in football or specific teams, I've read where they've been making an effort to "personalize" the teams..get them and other casual fans to care about individual players or coaches so that they'll watch.

Having been raised on the belief that this is the ultimate team sport, it still frustrates me a little when they run a 30 second commercial stressing an individual, "See Blainey Gabbert and the Tigers take on Roy Helu (or a player to be named later) and the Huskers in a battle for northern agression".

Or how they've been patting themselves on the back every four minutes today, about hyping Bret Farvelous, by bringing up a two week old poll of nfl players asking who the most over-rated player was..(Brett was number one)...they kept going on and on about, "Really?" they thought Brett the God was over-rated?.."They MUST have been jealous...It had nothing to do with our constant mentioning of his name or over coverage of the unretirement"... dedhoarse

Makes it tough for us regular fans to fully appreciate all that is Farve.

Good post. I see your point. However most people in college football don't know who Gabbert and Helu are. But I do see the personalization attempt/ approach to getting people to watch their game.