Bo...Give them boys their Blackshirts!!!!

I think he'll give 'em to them now with these comments:

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/10/09...b4190006831.txt

“Suh played his you-know-what off,” Pelini said. “And you can add the other guys up front too. Barry Turner, Cameron Meredith, Pierre Allen, Jared Crick, Baker Steinkuhler. Those guys, they played hard, they played well. And you can say that about everybody that lined up on defense today.”

Running backs coach Tim Beck was another admirer.

“Our defense played friggin’ unbelievable, man,” Beck said. “I can’t say enough about those guys.”

The D is the only reason we won that game. The O was horrific and for a while, it was embarraging to even see them take the field, that was painful. The fact that we were even in that game is due to the D. Our Defense controlled the game and handed the O the game on a silver platter on more than one ocasion. That is blackshirt football. Sure we dropped a few ints but hell even the receivers couldn't catch them. Overall.... our D played the best I've seen in a long long time. I think the Blackshirts will be seen this week.

Bo has to give em the blackshirts. The only reason why I could see him not give em out is because of penalties, but some of those personal fouls were bs anyways. But in the end the stats show they deserve them.

#1 in the country in scoring defense I mean if that doesn;t earn the Blackshirts back I don;t know what will........all I know is Suh and Crick are STUDS!!!

No, it doesn't. It sends this message: good job, nice win. Now go out and get seven more.

A good team never rests on its laurels.

Bo's philosophy is to go away from tradition, to not just call his starting 11 Blackshirts from the minute the depth chart is set after camp.

Given that, these guys need to earn those shirts by - as Bo said - consistent performance over time. This means getting it together in practice, showing it on the field, getting it together in practice again, and more. Standards are high.

The last thing we need right now is a letdown, because the schedule really doesn't get much easier next week.

I highly doubt handing out jerseys will lead to a defensive break down.

Give everyone a blackshirt except O Hanlan :)

#1 in the country in scoring defense I mean if that doesn;t earn the Blackshirts back I don;t know what will........all I know is Suh and Crick are STUDS!!!

We're actually the #2 scoring defense at the moment. Mizzou's 12 points bumped our season total to 40, or 8 per game, meaning we're giving up 3/4 of a point more than Florida. And it ain't looking good this week, considering that the Gators play LSU, who probably won't score much.

We need the Tigers to score a couple of TDs, or a TD and a couple of field goals. Anything less will bump us out of our top spot.

Give everyone a blackshirt except O Hanlan :)

:facepalm:

You cannot be serious.

Everyone on that D played a good to great game last night. O'Hanlon came up a couple of times and made nice sticks on the RB's. Only long play I can recall was the one that Prince fell down on, the lame duck that Gabbert threw up.