Bo...Give them boys their Blackshirts!!!!

Im gonna have to disagree with the blackshirts. Seeing what Bo wants out of the defense, this definitely was not it.

We had oppurtunities to cause turnovers, even though there was bad weather, there was so missed tackling, and we gave up more yards than i thought we were capable of against the Mizzou run.

The defense did a great job tonite, but it could've been better.

I think the team did very good this evening - but - how many balls did our defensive backs have in their hands and dropped them. Blackshirts put the whole package together - we didn't see that tonight.

But still - What a great game, what a great improvement from a year ago!!!

RR

Yeah I agree. No big blown coverages (can't fault a guy for falling down in the rain and there were two other guys to clean up), 2 picks on a qb that hadn't been picked yet and were in position to pick off 3 or 4 more (again rain is rough) and they didn't quit. Finally the offense did enough but they played even better than VTech.

I think Bo wanted to say yes when asked but he is just making sure he watched the film first and he wouldn't give em out that way either.

I loved his response to Erin Andrews when she asked him about it after the game: "We'll see."

:laughpound Oh, Bo.

Yes, I agree. They deserve them. They should be hanging in their lockers when they get back to Lincoln.

Thats the same response he gave after the ULL game and its the same response he gave during Monday's press conference.

Maybe I'm picking nits, but I saw a lot of missed tackles by the first man. I want to see that cleaned up. I'll guarantee you Bo talks about breaking down on the runner instead of sprinting at him out of control. We gave up yards we shouldn't have several times tonight, on defense and special teams, when their guy made a simple juke. Can't let that keep happening.

Aside from that gripe, they played excellent.

I haven't seen such a complete defensive Husker team play like this in years. I think those kids played their hearts out and I think they DESERVE to get their Blackshirts. DAMN they played with a lot of heart tonight!!!!

Bo has been saying they have needed to put several games together to earn them. I think getting a big win finally and allowing the least amount of points of any team in the nation is justified in awarding them