Bo...Give them boys their Blackshirts!!!!

I think if he chooses to not give them out it sends out a horrible message; that no matter what you do you don't deserve your blackshirt. The guys never gave up, played their guts out, and won the game for the team. What else can you ask for?

That's what I was thinking. These guys fought for their coach. No excuses in giving them the shirts

No, it doesn't. It sends this message: good job, nice win. Now go out and get seven more.

A good team never rests on its laurels.

Bo's philosophy is to go away from tradition, to not just call his starting 11 Blackshirts from the minute the depth chart is set after camp.

Given that, these guys need to earn those shirts by - as Bo said - consistent performance over time. This means getting it together in practice, showing it on the field, getting it together in practice again, and more. Standards are high.

The last thing we need right now is a letdown, because the schedule really doesn't get much easier next week.

Im gonna have to disagree with the blackshirts. Seeing what Bo wants out of the defense, this definitely was not it.

We had oppurtunities to cause turnovers, even though there was bad weather, there was so missed tackling, and we gave up more yards than i thought we were capable of against the Mizzou run.

The defense did a great job tonite, but it could've been better.

Well no sh#t. But saying that they should have had 7 turnovers instead of 3 is delusional expectations. If you're the number one scoring defense in the nation midseason, you're a blackshirt, plain and simple.

No, it doesn't. It sends this message: good job, nice win. Now go out and get seven more.

A good team never rests on its laurels.

Bo's philosophy is to go away from tradition, to not just call his starting 11 Blackshirts from the minute the depth chart is set after camp.

Given that, these guys need to earn those shirts by - as Bo said - consistent performance over time. This means getting it together in practice, showing it on the field, getting it together in practice again, and more. Standards are high.

The last thing we need right now is a letdown, because the schedule really doesn't get much easier next week.

I highly doubt handing out jerseys will lead to a defensive break down.

We're actually the #2 scoring defense at the moment. Mizzou's 12 points bumped our season total to 40, or 8 per game, meaning we're giving up 3/4 of a point more than Florida. And it ain't looking good this week, considering that the Gators play LSU, who probably won't score much.

We need the Tigers to score a couple of TDs, or a TD and a couple of field goals. Anything less will bump us out of our top spot.

Not a breakdown, blackshirtsguru, but a letdown. Contentedness. I'm fine if Bo decides he's not satisfied yet. I'd be more worried if he shows we're satisfied already. Give them out during practice at some point, but never, ever pull the trigger for an in-game performance.

IMO.

This is a victory to enjoy, but to get straight back to work because we're facing a deadly offense next week and without the luxury of rain helping us out this time. Not a very appropriate time for celebration, just yet.

First off this isn't Bo's tradition. He didn't start it, and if he wants to continually compare his "D" with the past Blk Shirts maybe we should compare him with past "D" cordinators. He isn't no Kiffin and sure as hell is no McBride so hand out the shirts they deserve them.

I'm tired of listening to him talk about all his standards and execution but yet every game you see lack of fundamentals in at least one of the three phases of the game. At times this team looks like it is not focused and ready to strap it on. So maybe he should not get paid until he lives up to TO's teams :sarcasm

First off this isn't Bo's tradition. He didn't start it, and if he wants to continually compare his "D" with the past Blk Shirts maybe we should compare him with past "D" cordinators. He isn't no Kiffin and sure as hell is no McBride so hand out the shirts they deserve them.

I'm tired of listening to him talk about all his standards and execution but yet every game you see lack of fundamentals in at least one of the three phases of the game. At times this team looks like it is not focused and ready to strap it on. So maybe he should not get paid until he lives up to TO's teams :sarcasm

He is raising the bar. This team performed poorly on the defense the last 6 years. He has turned a piss poor defense into a damn good one. When you say "lack of fundamentals", that happens on every team whether it is saturday or sunday. That determines who wins and loses. The team that makes the least mistakes wins! I remember people flippin out over Mcbride's defenses. Called them slow and outdated. So don't give me that crap. Let this man coach this team!!!!