Niles Paul

mitch7

I have to give Niles Paul credit for coming up huge in the 4th quarter. That was an impressive catch in double coverage on that fade route in the endzone. Not to mention the 56 yard bomb on 3rd down to start it off!! If he doesnt make that catch we dont win the game.

I have to give Niles Paul for coming up huge in the 4th quarter. That was an impressive catch in double coverage on that fade route in the endzone. Not to mention the 56 yard bomb on 3rd down to start it off!! If he doesnt make that catch we dont win the game.

I take my hat off to Paul in this game, he wanted to make big plays, well he made the two most important scores in the game.

The 56yd bomb to put NU on the board.

The double coverage catch to take the lead.

I loved to see Niles come through!!!

Didn't it seem like Bo benched the starting WR's until about that point where Paul caught the first TD?

We saw a lot of Kinnie, Bell, etc... which I don't mind them getting a shot but Im glad they stuck it out with our "best" WR's being in when it mattered.

I also like what Niles Paul said in the postgame show.

He was mature. I can feel Pelini's business-like attitude really resonating through the whole team, not getting to overblown and looking at the next game.

I like how he said something about Zac Lee, something like "He showed what being a man is about - he overcame a lot of adversity tonight". It was really good.

Also, i want a photo of Zac Lee getting amped up after his second TD throw. Great expression.

Maybe that benching got it through his head? Dude stunk up the joint to begin the game. Dropping punts, passes, making penalties and crappy blocking. Dude was just flat out awful.

Then he waited his turn to get back in the game and took advantage. Cannot do anything but give the kid props for coming back to make plays.

NOW he needs to build off of this. Do not go back to being the Niles we have seen for the majority of the season. Be the Niles we saw in the 4th quarter tonight.

I loved to see Niles come through!!!

Didn't it seem like Bo benched the starting WR's until about that point where Paul caught the first TD?

We saw a lot of Kinnie, Bell, etc... which I don't mind them getting a shot but Im glad they stuck it out with our "best" WR's being in when it mattered.

This is something I mentioned in August sometime. We have like 15 WRs on the roster. We can run and run and run DBs until they're flat gassed if we want to. I think that may have been what happened tonight. Paul caught that bomb against their backup, presumably when he was in giving their starter a breather. I think we shuttled in fresh legs against them until we got the matchup we wanted, then took the shot.

It's a theory, anyway.

Keep Paul as a WR and I'll be the first to sing his praises as they occur, but I have yet to trust him on special teams. In fact, quite the opposite. I'm getting to the point where I actually cringe. It takes a lot to make me cringe. I'm not talking about tonight in bad weather, either. I do really appreciate the fact he's doing everything in his power to try to make a play on special teams, however, Niles -- PLEASE DO NOT RUN BACKWARDS attempting to make a play on ST, when simply catching and falling forward would be the wiser choice.

I also like what Niles Paul said in the postgame show.

He was mature. I can feel Pelini's business-like attitude really resonating through the whole team, not getting to overblown and looking at the next game.

I like how he said something about Zac Lee, something like "He showed what being a man is about - he overcame a lot of adversity tonight". It was really good.

Also, i want a photo of Zac Lee getting amped up after his second TD throw. Great expression.

That camera shot of him with his hands in the air was perfect. If ANYONE has a picture please post.