Does last nights game help or hurt Nebraska in recruiting?

Absolutely helped. No doubt.

Nebraska and the stellar D are a hot topic.

Jim Rome started his segment praising our efforts so even if they did go to bed, the buzz today is about us.

We also beat Mizzou in their back yard. We need to get all the Mizzou talent we can grab and beleive me , Missouri recruits know who won..

I wonder if Missouri had a bunch of recruits on the sidelines for this game? If so . . . they can't be impressed by the fourth quarter collapse . . . the pouring rain . . . and the stadium meltdown (no jumbotron, no game clock, power outages, etc.).

Edit: and the recruits had to notice the over half of the MU fans leaving the stadium when they went down by 8 with 5 minutes left. The game was far from over at that point . . . and I think that says something about Missouri's faith in their team.

Come to Nebraska . . . our video screens work and we play for four quarters.

I wonder if Missouri had a bunch of recruits on the sidelines for this game? If so . . . they can't be impressed by the fourth quarter collapse . . . the pouring rain . . . and the stadium meltdown (no jumbotron, no game clock, power outages, etc.).

Edit: and the recruits had to notice the over half of the MU fans leaving the stadium when they went down by 8 with 5 minutes left. The game was far from over at that point . . . and I think that says something about Missouri's faith in their team.

Can't blame them. Nebraska fans have done the same in better weather.

Exactly. :lol:

Can't blame them. Nebraska fans have done the same in better weather.

When it's a one possession game with five minutes left?! Emptying over half your stadium?! I don't think I've ever seen that at Nebraska. Not since my first Husker game in 94 anyways.

Ya that really shocks me as well. It just seems like at a lot of our positions of strength we have hard times getting huge recruits to sign. No offense at all to any of the current players we have but aside from in state paul, and a two year juco in purify what receivers have we gotten? Still recruits have hardly any idea that we pass as much as we do. Mcneil wasn't a highly rated TE, when's the last time we got a highly rated TE, not counting Cotton since his dad is the coach here? Our o line is one of the most tradition rich positions we have and for some reason we haven't been able to pull in highly rated o linemen in years. Burkes and Murtha are the only ones that come to mind that was higher than three stars. I'm not counting Jones bc he was an instate guy. Not to bash on our amount of talent bc I think we have quite a bit, just think it's a little odd that we have such a hard time getting recruits at positions of such importance.