The Best Conference in the Country.

epocSoN

The Best Conference in the Country  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I looked at Florida's schedule to see who would knock them off, hoping that the all mighty and powerful SEC would submit a formidable opponent... I was wrong. The only ranked team they have left to play is #25 South Carolina.

With Alabama and LSU being the only other good teams in the SEC, I just don't know what to think anymore.

Vtech is going to have its way with the ACC, and the Pac 10 is overrated. This leaves us with the Big 12 and the SEC. I can't make any bolt statements about the Big 12 because just when you think you have the world figured out, Colorado takes it to Texas.

Please help me make sense of the world.

:ahhhhhhhh

When you go across the board of the SEC, I think it's very hard to dismount them from the best conference tile. So far our "powers" have looked rather poor at times. Oklahoma already has two losses, and Texas looked piss poor in the first half and much of the third quarter against CU today.

colorado did anything but 'take it' to texas. by that logic, missouri 'took' it to us.

sec will continue to get my vote until the big 12 stops these little 'psuedo-rivalries' we think we have. that, and im a realist, just based on the geographical facts, the SEC is always going to be stronger, top to bottom. the big XII will continually throw a team or two, and in some years, four, up that can take on the best of them, sure. but everyone that thinks the Big XII would take the SEC in a basketball style conference match-up needs to point me towards their nearest happy plant patch.

colorado did anything but 'take it' to texas. by that logic, missouri 'took' it to us.

Did you watch the game? Texas needed a blocked punt for a TD, punt return for a TD, and an INT for a TD. If you don't think that Texas struggled then you are on crack, not to mention Colorado was up at halftime.

And yes... Missouri did take it to us. They were up 12-0 till the 4th quarter, our offense was laughable, and we made more mistakes than John Gosling.

Colorado gave the game to Texas by not staying focused the whole game. For you to say otherwise is just silly.

Ok, lets look at this team by team...

Florida, LSU, Bama are by far in my opinion the three best teams in the country.

The big 12 comparison to them is what would be lacking. That being said I think we have more midranged teams then they do.

Texas is overrated, so them at 2 doesn't nearly compare to any of those three. This next tier of grouping is Texas, KU, NEB, OU, Ok St. All of which I think have a place in the top 25, below the top 3 SEC contenders. The SEC team you can put in with this grouping of Big 12 teams is Arkansas.

Old Miss and South Carolina belong on the bubble of the top 25. They can be placed with Missouri and Texas Tech.

Auburn is over rated, I would match them up with a team like Texas A&M, but it doesn't really matter because the following teams don't belong in the top 25.

So here is how my tiers look.

Tier 1 - Florida, Bama, LSU

Tier 2 - Texas, KU, Neb, OK st, OU, Arkansas

Tier 3 - Old Miss, South Carolina, Missouri. Tx Tech

So we have the middle of the pack, and they have the top and bottom. I guess it's anyone's call. I myself think that the SEC top 3 are so much better than the rest of the country right now that you have to give it to them.

GBR

Anyone who doesn't say SEC is probably being a bit delusional.

Nebraska has a definite shot at the National Championship solely on the play of our defense and the fact Texas will probably run the tables going into the Big 12 Championship against us... But I would not enjoy that opportunity knowing what Florida or 'Bama would do to us upon arrival.

Its simple right now 3 teams in the top 5 hard to make an arguement against that I would like to think the big 12 is second but the acc is pretty solid this year

1. SEC

2. Big 12

3. ACC

then the others.

This year, the SEC is clearly the best with the Big 12 in at a distant second. The ACC with just VT and GT are the distant 3rd behind The Big 12.

Damn, You guys are watching to much ESPN! I guess we might as well just concede both NC slots to SEC teams, because no other teams in the country can compete with them! :sarcasm

Seriously, did any of you watch the LSU vs. Miss St. game a couple weeks ago? Florida did not beat a power house team last night. In fact LSU's #4 ranking was a complete joke! If anything that game proved just how beatable Florida really is.

Does the SEC have a slight edge in overall strength, this season? Probably. But are they far and away the best conference year in and year out? Not a chance! The fact is the gap this season isn't nearly as wide as many of you, or ESPN want to believe.

I guess if the SEC had the jewels to play a real OCS schedule, or would schedule a home and home against a real team once in awhile, or I don't know, maybe play more than one game a decade north of the Mason- Dixon line! Then we might know a bit more about the SEC than all the smoke ESPN blows up our asses for the "tough in conference schedule" their teams have to play.

I'm sure I'll get lambasted for this opinion, but I could care less. Because I personally would take KSU. ISU, A&M, And Baylor over Vandy, Kentucky, Miss St, and S. Carolina any day.

To tell the truth, this whole "which conference is the best" discussion wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the so called "experts" didn't spend so much time trying to convince us that the regular season is some "pseudo playoff system", and then comment repeatedly through out games that whichever one loss team makes it through the SEC deserves a title game appearance regardless of what any other team in the country does. Sorry but this kind of talk is total B.S. and I'm really tired of hearing it!

:rant

Did you watch the game? Texas needed a blocked punt for a TD, punt return for a TD, and an INT for a TD. If you don't think that Texas struggled then you are on crack, not to mention Colorado was up at halftime.

And yes... Missouri did take it to us. They were up 12-0 till the 4th quarter, our offense was laughable, and we made more mistakes than John Gosling.

Colorado gave the game to Texas by not staying focused the whole game. For you to say otherwise is just silly.

:yeah

Give Col a q/b and they win that game.

GBR!!!