Fear TT

robsker

I think he was referring to the fact that Suh is leading the team with 7 pass breakups. Not the nation

Suh leads the nation for defensive linemen. And he's the only non-Defensive Back in the top ten. Suh ranks sixth in the nation with 1.6 passes broken up per game.

And he's a Lineman. The next DL on the list is 98th in the nation. Suh is sixth. That's simply absurd.

it is an outstanding accomplishment for a lineman.

If the poster meant #1 for the team or #1 for linemen then he should say so. the #2 DL, Binns is close behind with 5 passes broken up.

suh will get a chance to pull away with pass happy TT.

Suh will be glued in place wondering if he's about to get burned by yet another screen pass to Batch/Jeffers/Stephens for big yardage. We have tall QBs for a reason.

Jeffers didn't play a down against UT and Batch was not hitting the hole with his usual speed. It was a poor showing for our RBs. The next week at Houston, Jeffers and Batch were ramming the ball down Houston's throat before Leach inexplicably abandoned the run in favor of the pass in the 2nd half. (Unknown to everyone, Potts was still suffering the effects of a concusion from that hlmet-to-helmet hit with Sergio Kindle the previous week.) The loss against UH sucked but it taught some good lessons. Jeffers got more touches against New Mexico and scored 4 TDs (3 runs/1pass). Tech's OL is finally clicking and the run has become a force. You'll enjoy watching it. :)

If the poster meant #1 for the team or #1 for linemen then he should say so. the #2 DL, Binns is close behind with 5 passes broken up.

"Close behind?" Dude, pass some of what you're smoking. Five pass breakups is a career for most DL.

Suh will be glued in place wondering if he's about to get burned by yet another screen pass to Batch/Jeffers/Stephens for big yardage. We have tall QBs for a reason.

Carl and the defense have done well with game adjustments so don't expect the same thing to work all day. Our DL has been chasing guys down from behind all year.

Jeffers didn't play a down against UT and Batch was not hitting the hole with his usual speed. It was a poor showing for our RBs. The next week at Houston, Jeffers and Batch were ramming the ball down Houston's throat before Leach inexplicably abandoned the run in favor of the pass in the 2nd half. (Unknown to everyone, Potts was still suffering the effects of a concusion from that hlmet-to-helmet hit with Sergio Kindle the previous week.) The loss against UH sucked but it taught some good lessons. Jeffers got more touches against New Mexico and scored 4 TDs (3 runs/1pass). Tech's OL is finally clicking and the run has become a force. You'll enjoy watching it.

I appreciate your enthusiasm. But I think, somehow, the Huskers will be OK against the 114th rushing offense in the nation.

Your passing, that's a different story. How we contain that will be the test of the game.

Missouri fans came in here and bragged about their stellar O-line. It broke down on the first series of the game and never came back. Ttech has many strengths, but I wouldn't say O-line and RB are included. We'll have our hands full with the pass game obviously, but with good pass rush pressure and our running game, we should be able to limit its effectiveness. Plus, our secondary is far better than last year. Potts/Sheffield may be good, but there is no more Harrell and Crabtree this year. With our defense playing well, home field advantage, and the momentum we have we should win this.

"Close behind?" Dude, pass some of what you're smoking. Five pass breakups is a career for most DL.

then so is 7!! :dumdum

BTW- Binns ain't most DL. That's why he's only the second DL on the list!! Behind only Suh - a heisman contender! ;)

Tech will come here to play. They have two losses and that is not acceptable. The pirate is a great coach and he will have our DC scratching his head a few times.

I think we win this game, but I do not see a blow out or a runaway, if it is it will be on their side.

They have talent, and are very quick. Should be a great game.

They are my second team. I hate seeing them lose, but this game they need to.

As Robsker says, if we lose this game, all the positive goes away quickly.

We damn near beat TTech last year, and we got massacred by Missouri last year. We just beat Missouri, and I know it's a different team and year, but our defense is improved and their offense has to have suffered somewhat after Crabtree and Harrell are gone. I think we win this.

Besides, remember what happened when Tech went up against a good defensive unit with a pretty good running game? Ole Miss destroyed them.

Carl and the defense have done well with game adjustments so don't expect the same thing to work all day. Our DL has been chasing guys down from behind all year.

We'll see how Mr. Suh is playing and than adjust. That's what the Air Raid offense is all about. He's an impressive player to be sure. I'm always amazed when a DT makes a name for himself.

The comments about Tech coughing the ball up are spot on. That has been a problem at the worst times this year.