Fear TT

robsker

But as far as the meaning of previous games in context with the upcoming game, I get where that all fits in.

Thanks for clarifying what you do and don't get.

no you don't.

and you still don't get what I'm saying.

let's use real examples.

I'm saying that App st beating michigan in NO WAY infers that all the subsequent teams that beat APP st can beat michigan.

the degrees of separation argument.

many make those assumptions all the time including the poster I replied to.

to refresh your memory, here is the EXACT CONTEXT of my post:

Your talking about a 15th ranked team, on a roll, at home that just shut down a spread offense versus an unranked team with 4 wins against K State, New Mexico, Rice and North Dakota. North Dakota gave up 38 to Tech but gave up 65 to Stephen F Austin and 31 to Stony Brook. Rice gave up 55 to Tech, is 0-6 and gave up 63 to Navy. New Mexico is also 0-6, gave up 48 to Tech and has not held anyone below 37 except New Mexico State. K State..... nuff said after losing to Lousiana - Lafayette. Tech scored 28 in it's loss to Houston, a team that gave up 58 to a 2-4 UTEP team. All of this frenzy over the fact Tech scored 66 on a K State squad.

THESE COMPARISONS of who beat who and susequently beat/lost to so and so and by how much, are worthless.

get it now?

I hope so.

You can't infer who which team will win by looking at who beat who, but you can get a good indication of how well a team is playing better from their performances YTD.

Yeah, dude, I got it the first time you posted it. You're still wrong. You can make longer and longer and longer posts, but they still don't change that fact.

Coaches all across the country watch film all year long. Players watch film, they look at tendencies, they look at formations, they look at everything that teams did against other teams to get a feel for what their opponent may do. Past games hold relevance.

Certainly the App State victory over Michigan was relevant to every other team that played Michigan - they exposed weaknesses that other teams exploited. Pretending other teams ignored that game when they prepped fro Michigan is ludicrous.

In the same way, Tech's opponents that are strong against the pass or weak against the pass have relevance in a conversation about how Nebraska could do against Tech's offense this year.

There is a degree of relevance to every statistic and in-game circumstance to upcoming games. You're saying there's ZERO relevance. I'm saying there's some, if you know how to look at it. Clearly my stance is supported by oddsmakers, coaches, players and other people who have a need to prognosticate, because they use those other games as context for these upcoming games.

Failing to recognize the relevance of these numbers is where you got off on the wrong foot in this thread.

I did not see a welcome to our two Raider fans.

Both seem to be quite the football fans. I must tell you that I have attended several TT games and I have enjoyed their fans. Can honestly say I never had more fun at a Bowl game, than the TT vs California game at the Holiday Bowl, made very welcome in my Nebraska gear.

I welcome you guys and hope for a very good game. Both of you bring sound information and opinions to the board.

Nebraska is my team, but Tech is my second team. Good luck to you guys and may it be a safe injury free game.

You wore Husker gear to a TT v Cal Bowl game?

Certainly the App State victory over Michigan was relevant to every other team that played Michigan - they exposed weaknesses that other teams exploited. Pretending other teams ignored that game when they prepped fro Michigan is ludicrous.

In the same way, Tech's opponents that are strong against the pass or weak against the pass have relevance in a conversation about how Nebraska could do against Tech's offense this year.

There is a degree of relevance to every statistic and in-game circumstance to upcoming games. You're saying there's ZERO relevance.

yes -- Using the APP St/Mich game as an example...

I'm saying how many points Wofford scored against APP St provides ZERO relevance to any b10 opponent of michigan the rest of the 2007 season.

look at these third and fourth party references...

North Dakota gave up 38 to Tech but gave up 65 to Stephen F Austin and 31 to Stony Brook.

Rice gave up 55 to Tech, is 0-6 and gave up 63 to Navy.

New Mexico is also 0-6, gave up 48 to Tech and has not held anyone below 37 except New Mexico State.

K State..... nuff said after losing to Lousiana - Lafayette.

Tech scored 28 in it's loss to Houston, a team that gave up 58 to a 2-4 UTEP team

. All of this frenzy over the fact Tech scored 66 on a K State squad.

tech's opponents - opponents and their win/loss margins have no effect.

So, mr relevance...

what the heck does how many points North Dakota gave up to Stephen F Austin and Stony Brook have to do with TT vs Neb?

get it yet?

worthless.

I always wear my husker gear to every single game I go to, High School, College or Pro games.

I support my team every where I go.

But I respect their traditions, their play and try to learn a little about them.

I had a ball at the game we lost in Lubbock. I wore my gear the next two days in town. Sure the loss hurt, but the experience up to the game was amazing, not to mention the frat party with the dunking tank. That truly was amazing, I liken it to one of our new posters avatar, but with a lot less clothing.

At the Holiday Bowl, I sat in the Tech ticket area. The only thing I told them is I did not want to hear, "And Tech Scores AGAIN" They almost died laughing.

I think they are just like we were under Devaney. Want to win, hope to win, give it all, but do not demand to win. They are a refreshing group for me. I see us many years ago.

And it is sad to think some are so limited that they cannot support another team. We are not the only team with great fans. All have the same passion as we do. Just different shades of red.

There is a degree of relevance to every statistic and in-game circumstance to upcoming games. You're saying there's ZERO relevance.

yes -- Using the APP St/Mich game as an example...

I'm saying how many points Wofford scored against APP St provides ZERO relevance to any b10 opponent of michigan the rest of the 2007 season.

look at these third and fourth party references...

North Dakota gave up 38 to Tech but gave up 65 to Stephen F Austin and 31 to Stony Brook.

Rice gave up 55 to Tech, is 0-6 and gave up 63 to Navy.

New Mexico is also 0-6, gave up 48 to Tech and has not held anyone below 37 except New Mexico State.

K State..... nuff said after losing to Lousiana - Lafayette.

Tech scored 28 in it's loss to Houston, a team that gave up 58 to a 2-4 UTEP team

. All of this frenzy over the fact Tech scored 66 on a K State squad.

tech's opponents - opponents and their win/loss margins have no effect.

So, mr relevance...

what the heck does how many points North Dakota gave up to Stephen F Austin and Stony Brook have to do with TT vs Neb?

get it yet?

worthless.

It all goes to evaluating the strength of an opponent and thus give you a way to evaluate how well a team played against said opponent. It is similar to looking at how a team is fairing statistically and then try to put a weight to it by evaluating the statistical standing of that team's opponents. Can you say that just because ULL beat KSU that NU will definitely beat KSU, no. What you can say from that is that NU has played better than KSU at this point and SHOULD beat KSU convincingly.

I could explain it to you but you seem to have your mind made up.

I guess the rest of us will have to continue being wrong while you remain the sole right mind in all this mess. ;)

oh, I'm sure I'm wrong on the relevance of North Dakotas opponents to the TT game.

so..

please explain it to me.

how does how many points North Dakota gave up to Stephen F Austin and Stony Brook have to do with TT vs Neb?

:rollin

with the upcoming TT/NU game, I'd love to hear your analysis.

I'm waiting patiently. ;)

Let's make this easier clone. We are subsituting the 4 wins that Tech has with 4 other teams. Lets go with USC, V Tech, Bama, and Florida. Does past performance make a difference now? Now one can go back and see how the 4 aforementioned teams have done against other opponents to get an idea of how good they are or are not. The fact that Washington beat USC and lost to Stanford does not guarantee that Stanford will also beat USC. We all now that. But to say that Tech is an unstoppable jaugernaut offensively one needs to look back at how teams they have played against have faired. It is pretty obvious that outside of the Texas game they have little to be excited about as teams they have beaten have been allowing a lot of points. Comparing scores is not an exact science indeed but for example, if a team is scoring 52 points a week and is playing teams that give up 72 to sub division teams then a trend is noted. I have seen little out of Tech to think this game is anything close but as I stated, "The ball bounces weird sometimes". It could be Tech's game, it could be NU's game. I'm leaning to the Huskers in an easy one. But then again I have been wrong before.