Lee - What if he struggles again?

beanman

What do you do if you're the coaches and Lee is having another first half like he had against Mizzou? Do you ride it out and hope he comes up with another great quarter, or do we change our strategy and try running some read option or something like that with Green to expose their run D? I'm just wondering what you would do. I would assume Green has picked up a little bit more of our offense. Let's assume that we are down by about 10 points, a similar scenario to Mizzou.

What do you do if you're the coaches and Lee is having another first half like he had against Mizzou? Do you ride it out and hope he comes up with another great quarter, or do we change our strategy and try running some read option or something like that with Green to expose their run D? I'm just wondering what you would do. I would assume Green has picked up a little bit more of our offense. Let's assume that we are down by about 10 points, a similar scenario to Mizzou.

If is similar to Mizzou, down about 12 points but our defense obviously playing very solid. You stick with him. But, not because you pray for a big quarter from him, but because he is the starter and he is in their because he is the best we have at QB. The problems aren't all him and it's unfair that many seem to think they are. He has yet to lose a game for us, so I don't see what the deal is.

Personally, I think Lee will be the starter against ISU even if he doesn't play well enough for us to win against TTU. Green won't instantly make our line block better and our receivers catch the balls that they should be catching. Now is not the time to consider putting Green in.

Try asking this question next week after he has this supposedly bad game you are talking about.

EDIT:

Yeah...That

|

|

|

V

seriously guys!

he had a bad game in the pouring rain! 6 inches to be exact!

he outperformed a qb that was top 10 in the country prior to that!

he didnt have gaudy stats in the RAIN and no other qb in the country, including T-Techs, would have looked good in that rain!

ill spell it out:

FOOTBALL+RAIN=BELOW AVERAGE QB PLAY!

forgot to add:

:facepalm:

seriously guys!

he didnt have gaudy stats in the RAIN and no other qb in the country, including T-Techs, would have looked good in that rain!

ill spell it out:

forgot to add:

Okay on Saturday its at home and supposed to be a great day weather-wise. What if he has a crappy game then?

seriously guys!

ill spell it out:

forgot to add:

Okay on Saturday its at home and supposed to be a great day weather-wise. What if he has a crappy game then?

If only we had a thread to discuss this exact same topic..................................HuskerBCS, would you start one please?

seriously guys!

ill spell it out:

forgot to add:

what if?

.....pretty much the same as coulda shoulda woulda!

i will break it down a little more for ya!!!

go back and look at the games that Lee was completing over 70% of his passes in:

-he was putting very good touch on the ball in those games

-he was poised in the pocket

-he showed GREAT pocket awareness

-he checked all of his receivers before passing the ball

-he doesnt always go the safe rout (ie Iback) if there is another viable option

-he knew when to run

-he knew when to throw the ball away

i could go on and on with that list...

you cannot and should not judge your qb by how he plays in abnormal situations. We are not going to see another team with as good a D as Vtech not to mention one of the toughest stadiums to play in in the country and i highly doubt we see that kind of rain during a game again this season.

Lee will likely be somewhere in between those two situations come seasons end which will mean he is likely completing around 65% of his passes and that is not all bad.

seriously guys!

ill spell it out:

forgot to add:

what if?

.....pretty much the same as coulda shoulda woulda!

i will break it down a little more for ya!!!

go back and look at the games that Lee was completing over 70% of his passes in:

-he was putting very good touch on the ball in those games

-he was poised in the pocket

-he showed GREAT pocket awareness

-he checked all of his receivers before passing the ball

-he doesnt always go the safe rout (ie Iback) if there is another viable option

-he knew when to run

-he knew when to throw the ball away

i could go on and on with that list...

you cannot and should not judge your qb by how he plays in abnormal situations. We are not going to see another team with as good a D as Vtech not to mention one of the toughest stadiums to play in in the country and i highly doubt we see that kind of rain during a game again this season.

Lee will likely be somewhere in between those two situations come seasons end which will mean he is likely completing around 65% of his passes and that is not all bad.

this thread is not realvant until saturdays game is over, nice dry day coming up

Ah huskerboard....where a simple question during down time recieves endless ridicule. Chill out it was just a question. You're answers are great but why the attitude?

if you are referring to me, i dont know what you mean by attitude! that is laying everything that i believe to be true out on the table.

and the :facepalm: are because this thread has been started more than twice....just sayin....

irafreak that picture says it all. You want to know what Lee will do when we are down 10 in big games? Step up throw three bombs in the forth proceed to fist pump repeatedly them helmet smash his brethern teammates, then air hump toward the sidelines. Please refer to 4th quarter in Missouri, as i witnessed this in person, stupid guy says put in Cody, Lee 52 yard bomb. Shut YOUR MOUTH Lee non-believers!

I think you read my post wrong, I was scared of that, no I really do like the picture, Lee is my favorite player since Ricky got hurt, sorry about the confusion, I was telling the Lee haters to shut there mouth. Read that post as me supporting Lee. I do not think Green should play unless its a blowout. I like the fist pump stuff, I have to proceeded to show all of friends the replay because it was awesome. Please read other post on Lee in other thread as well. Your pic is sweet by the way story of the game, the kid can make plays I edited the post to try to make it more understandable.