If we had to play today!

Twodocs

Well allrighty then. I'm glad both schools are happy too. :) I only saw a few minutes of the NU/MU game and he had a good 10-15 yd run. I still think he'd be better off at IR like a Welker or Amandola type player. He'd be 4th on our RB depth chart because Jeffers (RS-Fr) and Stephens (Fr) are truly special backs. So if that's the position Rex wants to play, I'm glad y'all got him. Too bad he won't be playing on Saturday, I'd like to see more of him.

Well allrighty then. I'm glad both schools are happy too. :) I only saw a few minutes of the NU/MU game and he had a good 10-15 yd run. I still think he'd be better off at IR like a Welker or Amandola type player. He'd be 4th on our RB depth chart because Jeffers (RS-Fr) and Stephens (Fr) are truly special backs. So if that's the position Rex wants to play, I'm glad y'all got him. Too bad he won't be playing on Saturday, I'd like to see more of him.

Tee hee....

...silly naive raider fan.

Tech fans weren't too upset when Rex commited to NU. Even today, I doubt you would find one Tech fan (outside Plano) willing to trade Jeffers, Batch or Stephens for Rex. He would probably play IR in Tech's system anyway. So is Rex a much better RB than Tech fans thought or is Nebraska thin at the the RB position?

Res is an absolute stud and is going to do big things in Husker Red.

Tech fans weren't too upset when Rex commited to NU. Even today, I doubt you would find one Tech fan (outside Plano) willing to trade Jeffers, Batch or Stephens for Rex. He would probably play IR in Tech's system anyway. So is Rex a much better RB than Tech fans thought or is Nebraska thin at the the RB position?

He's much better than you thought. Or, rather, you know how good he is and are justifying not having him.

Either way, we wouldn't trade him for all three of your backs, and he's going to be our #2 this year and next.

For a school that's turned out quality RBs for the past several decades and knows what they're all about, he'll do.

Yeah, he has tons of potential and you guys are lucky he went down with an injury because he could've busted one out on you guys. But hey if Roy has to do it all that's fine. Or maybe Okafor...

According to my nephew, Okafor should be much more in the game day play mix than any other back at NU, however he is not Beck's favorite player. He says the guys on D hate getting blocked by him and dislike tackling him just as much.

He's not the fastest of the backs, but he's not so slow as one notices the difference.

Not really an insult here...but this comes from a fan base that supports a team that had their best RB sporting a 0.00 GPA(if memory serves Byron Hanspard).

Is it that Rex is a little too above board for y'all(if I used that correctly)?

Hanspard made a decision to declare for the draft so he could blow-off his final semester. Them's the rules as they say. Besides, his future would be based on faith not brains. Since God told him to pick Tech over Notre Dame, who were we to argue?

Tell you what, if you don't judge our program on Byron Hanspard's legal but disappointing choice, we won't judge your program solely on Danny Noonan, the former "all roids, not talent" Nebraska DT and 1st round bust of our beloved Dallas Cowboys. He was the beginning of the end for the great Tom Landry. :angry:

Tell you what, if you don't judge our program on Byron Hanspard's legal but disappointing choice, we won't judge your program solely on Danny Noonan, the former "all roids, not talent" Nebraska DT and 1st round bust of our beloved Dallas Cowboys. He was the beginning of the end for the great Tom Landry.

You're dreaming if you think Landry's teams weren't on 'roids. PED use was rampant throughout college and pro football in the early 80s. Pinning that on Noonan alone and ignoring guys like Randy White, Ed Jones and others is foolish.

Well, I'd say TTech doesn't actually need any RB's. NU actually runs the ball AT a defense so we need RB's who can take on tacklers and follow blocks. TTech's run game is more like a surprise (like NU's passing game in the 80's and 90's) and almost any skill player could compete there.

He's much better than you thought. Or, rather, you know how good he is and are justifying not having him.

Either way, we wouldn't trade him for all three of your backs, and he's going to be our #2 this year and next.

For a school that's turned out quality RBs for the past several decades and knows what they're all about, he'll do.

Yeah, he has tons of potential and you guys are lucky he went down with an injury because he could've busted one out on you guys. But hey if Roy has to do it all that's fine. Or maybe Okafor...

According to my nephew, Okafor should be much more in the game day play mix than any other back at NU, however he is not Beck's favorite player. He says the guys on D hate getting blocked by him and dislike tackling him just as much.

He's not the fastest of the backs, but he's not so slow as one notices the difference.

From what I have heard it is possible he may have an attitude perception problem not a talent one. It may be a practice thing. But, I agree he needs a chance to prove out on the field in a game.

Every time he shows up and gets the ball he delivers. He is a very good!

Forgive me but I do not share your belief of Okafor's abilities. I just think if he was truly all that was advertised in your post he would have seen some time even mop up duty. I played against guys that did certain things extremely well and it frustrated me to go against them in the drills were there ability excelled. Overall they didn't have what it took to combine the various fascist of the game so they didn't play.

Forgive me but I do not share your belief of Okafor's abilities. I just think if he was truly all that was advertised in your post he would have seen some time even mop up duty. I played against guys that did certain things extremely well and it frustrated me to go against them in the drills were there ability excelled. Overall they didn't have what it took to combine the various fascist of the game so they didn't play.

I don't know, man. Okafor showed up well in the Spring Game. Yeah, history is full of Spring Star/Fall Bust guys, but he looked like a player with skills out there. Real-deal skills.

"...- Watson said the Huskers will not implement a run package for freshman quarterback Cody Green to take some of the rushing load away from Helu in Burkhead's absence. Watson said Green needs to focus on his job as the backup QB.

“No, no, no, no,” Watson said. “We need him. He's got to be there to help us win games by passing the ball. That's important.”

Green has rushed six times for 79 yards and two touchdowns this year. But according to Watson, Green's running ability is “average, in terms of his overall speed.”

“He's kind of a nifty runner, kind of like Joe (Ganz),” Watson said.

Wha???????