powerfull backs...

ctaylor

hey i was reading over the forum and came across the video posted in the thread that tom talks about the option.( very good video btw ) and it got me thinking will we ever have a back like green again.. i mean watch that video just seems like every time he gets hit he does not go down.. yeah maybe i was only 8 and 9 years old when he was playing but still i miss him.. not taking anything away from the back we have had.. helu is very good with a different running style. but still im in disbelieve with the amount of times green got hit and stayed up... btw im pretty bored.. ( o yeah one more thing.. read some of the tech threads on there boards and everytime a nebraska fan replys and says something they always seem to turn it and reword it and everthing.. actually the mizzou fans seem a little more respectful right now.. maybe its just me idk..

BTW..............GBR :woo

hey i was reading over the forum and came across the video posted in the thread that tom talks about the option.( very good video btw ) and it got me thinking will we ever have a back like green again.. i mean watch that video just seems like every time he gets hit he does not go down.. yeah maybe i was only 8 and 9 years old when he was playing but still i miss him.. not taking anything away from the back we have had.. helu is very good with a different running style. but still im in disbelieve with the amount of times green got hit and stayed up... btw im pretty bored.. ( o yeah one more thing.. read some of the tech threads on there boards and everytime a nebraska fan replys and says something they always seem to turn it and reword it and everthing.. actually the mizzou fans seem a little more respectful right now.. maybe its just me idk..

BTW..............GBR :woo

First and foremost that is an extremely rare breed of player. They come around every so often... Adrian Petersen is another one off the top of my head.

Some day we may get one, but it is tough nowadays, as there are a lot of schools out there producing good RB's. I also think that Defenses have gotten more physical. Bigger guys are getting faster and stronger, so that makes it tough to just bounce off tacklers like Ahman did in his hayday.

We were fortunate to get him here in Green Bay, but the fans here never really seemed to appreciate what they had. (It was all about Favre yanno. :dunno ) Green was one of my all-time favorite NU backs--even if he didn't switch hands very well. I liked his presence off the field as well.

green really helped them out, though honestly i think he would have been better served either with the bears or vikings.

The reason he got over the fumbles was a direct result of the fabric used to make his elbow pads. Green sweat a lot. Until he changed the fabric his elbow pads were made from, the old fabric would get wet and really slick which caused his fumble problems. We enjoyed one of the greatest luxuries in college football back then, a full stable of RB's. I still believe that our 4th string RB in 95 (Clinton Childs) would have started on any other of the Big 8's teams. TO definitely had an eye for great RB's.

The reason he got over the fumbles was a direct result of the fabric used to make his elbow pads. Green sweat a lot. Until he changed the fabric his elbow pads were made from, the old fabric would get wet and really slick which caused his fumble problems. We enjoyed one of the greatest luxuries in college football back then, a full stable of RB's. I still believe that our 4th string RB in 95 (Clinton Childs) would have started on any other of the Big 8's teams. TO definitely had an eye for great RB's.

Funny thing about that fumble problem he had in the pros is that I don't recall him having this issue at NU.

Does anyone remember that Green actually started his career in Seattle? He had a case of fumbleitis and they foolishly let him go. I knew when it happened it would be a huge mistake and it was. He got over it and well the rest is history as they say...

Yeah...he started off only getting a couple carries and returning kicks behind Ricky Watters...the unstoppable force he was. <_<

Exactly right, it actually was compounded when he came to GB because of the cold. The Pack got him new elbow pads and five straight Pro Bowl seasons followed. He was widely considered the best RB in the league not named Marshall Faulk. Wish he wouldn't have went to Houston, he was like 67 yards from being the all-time leading rusher in Packer history. Would have put my all-time favorite Husker on the Ring of Honor around historic Lambeau Field. That would have been incredibly awesome!

GO PACK GO!