Two years ago

Guy had a misguided view of what was best for the Nebraska program and fans, but had good intentions. He's not the devil.

Calling him the devil would be to insult the real Devil.

That's for sure.

I was totally shocked to see another major program (Pitt) pick that supreme moron up. Firing the HC & staff for a bowl winning 10-3 season simply has to be the stupidest move by any AD in div1 cfb history.

Here we are six years later, after losing seasons, humiliating blow out losses, etc and we've yet to have a year that even matched the year (2003) that they were all fired for.

Thanks Pedey......don't call us, we'll call you.

Guy had a misguided view of what was best for the Nebraska program and fans, but had good intentions. He's not the devil.

That's for sure.

I was totally shocked to see another major program (Pitt) pick that supreme moron up. Firing the HC & staff for a bowl winning 10-3 season simply has to be the stupidest move by any AD in div1 cfb history.

Here we are six years later, after losing seasons, humiliating blow out losses, etc and we've yet to have a year that even matched the year (2003) that they were all fired for.

I just read on HP that this is the two year anniversery of Pedey being let go. WOW, that was already two years ago.

I can honestly say that I hate that guy. I really really hate him. I hate him so much that I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

:yeah

He doesn't derserve such luxuries as being pissed on. Way above standards for his kind.

That's for sure.

Well considering that he as the AD at Pitt before he came to NU and that Pitt was doing pretty well under him then, I am not at all surprised they hired him back. Some people just fit certain situations better, you would have thought that Pedey would fit in at NU with his ties and all but that just wasn't the case. He did do some good things at NU though, the facilities were upgraded in a major way and the financial structure of the Athletic Department is really sound right now. If you don't think that is a big deal, just look at the situation T A&M is in with Byrnes, our previous AD before Pedey, NU wasn't in the greatest shape financially and Pedey did rectify that.

I think the discussion between NU Athletics and the board of regents went something like this

NU: This didn't come out of our endowment fund.

BoR: Oh.

NU: Yeah, I was able to raise 25 extra bucks before we left.

BoR: Where did you get 25 extra bucks?

NU: I sold some stuff, to Pitt.

Bor: The Blind School?

NU:(Laughing) Yeah, yeah.

BoR: What did you sell them?

NU: You know, stuff.

BoR: What kinda stuff?

NU: Few baseball cards, a sack of marbles, (coughs) Pedey.

BoR: Pedey? You sold the AD to a bunch of blind kids? Tom, wh- he- wha- Pedey didn't even have a head!

NU: Harry, I took care of it.

dumb_dumber_pretty_bird_link.jpg

I think the discussion between NU Athletics and the board of regents went something like this

NU: This didn't come out of our endowment fund.

BoR: Oh.

NU: Yeah, I was able to raise 25 extra bucks before we left.

BoR: Where did you get 25 extra bucks?

NU: I sold some stuff, to Pitt.

Bor: The Blind School?

NU:(Laughing) Yeah, yeah.

BoR: What did you sell them?

NU: You know, stuff.

BoR: What kinda stuff?

NU: Few baseball cards, a sack of marbles, (coughs) Pedey.

BoR: Pedey? You sold the AD to a bunch of blind kids? Tom, wh- he- wha- Pedey didn't even have a head!

NU: Harry, I took care of it.

dumb_dumber_pretty_bird_link.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeeeeee :clap