Official Visits

I hate how we play our toughest opponent of the year when most of our recruits are going to be there. It's unlikely we'll win that game, especially considering OU's defense - easily the best we'll see all year - and our lethargic and terrible offense. I hope we at least keep it close and pull someone out of that weekend.

Its no coincidence that the top and most recruits are coming into OU. I mean before the last people weeks you had to think it was gonna be a good game and it still should be, I expect a low scoring defensive game. If our crowd shows up and makes some noise throughout the game then we can make an impression win or loss.

Yeah I know they want to pull them in for the big game, but I wonder if having them come to KSU or something, although not as hyped, might be better since we can win that one. I'd be surprised if we could win against OU. I just figure if we can't score against ISU we're gonna get shut out vs. OU. Let's hope for the best. I also hope our crowd stays in it, looks like they have been deflated very early the last two games.

I hate how we play our toughest opponent of the year when most of our recruits are going to be there. It's unlikely we'll win that game, especially considering OU's defense - easily the best we'll see all year - and our lethargic and terrible offense. I hope we at least keep it close and pull someone out of that weekend.

Yeah. Cuz top level guys are not going to commit to a program that doesnt win on the day of their official visit right? There are NO OTHER FACTORS THAT POSSIBLY AFFECT A KID'S DECISION.

Notre Dame has proven in recent years that they can sign a highly touted class even in a year where they win 3 games. Callahan proved that he could bring in high quality HS talent without ever beating UT or OU.

JUST BECAUSE WE MAY NOT WIN THIS GAME DOESNT MEAN THAT KIDS WONT COME AWAY IMPRESSED.

I will take a night game (plenty of time to show recruits around) with hopefully a big time atmosphere over just having guys come to a game we'll win.

Also theres no guarantee we will win, what if the coaches would have stacked the Iowa St game with recruits and then they come and we lose and the atmosphere sucks...?

You have to think from the mentality of a recruit, say we lose close then they think to themseleves "I could be that player to push them over the edge to win" or we get blown out "I could come here right away and play they need me"

There are pluses and minuses for any situation but I think this OU game is setting up perfect with the weather, night game, etc...