Offense Ranting HERE

rkhufu7

1) You should go old school I, but that is not something to dwell on.

2) Calm down. Goodness, it was one game. I think if the offense had been decent you could have won. It was not. It will likely get better, thoguh, so better luck next week.

Thank you!

Everyone needs to take a step back and just breathe. Let the season play out. We're 4-2 and we gots a ways to go. It's good that the team realizes that, and it'd be good for the fan base to realize that.

I said before the game, the amount of hype we just got is scary. Overrated is what we were. Now we can settle back in, be a low-to-border top 25 team nobody pays much attention to, and quietly earn our way back up the ranks. Too much hype, too soon. A killer for more than just Nebraska.

For three coaching regiems it has been coaching. I still say it is talent. Talent is not only measured in ahtletic ability, it is the ability to understand what is asked, understand how to accomplish and then excel at it.

The downward cycle continues, blaming coaches is partly correct, but it still comes down to talent. We do not have equal talent and if we do not get our recruiting together we never will. Wins bring recruit, natioanl emabarssments do not. WE all thought that Missouri was a turn around, but it appears it was just a lucky few minutes, that overcome the embarassing first three quarters.

We were out coached by the Tech DC period. But there dline manhandled our oline and that has been happening against good competition since Frankie took over.

Just my thoughts from watching this game and others every single weekend. WE are not on even footing, and may not be in the coaching side. I do not limit it to the Oline side. WE are seeing our head coach's attitude in play at times, those are those pentalties we hate so much. Losing control is hard to contain when the head coach has the same problems.

I love Bo, and I am not saying I want him gone or anything remotely close to that but we are seeing him in the pentalties. Control is needed. Coach Osborne needs to have a talk with again it appears to me. His actions on the sidelines and in some interviews does not help our recruiting is my guess.

I was never in the Cody Green fan club, and I am still not, but I never felt Zac was qualified from the beginning and the more we see him against talented defenses the worse he gets.

If Watson goes, Bo will hire someone who runs the offense with the intensity that Bo coaches the defense. I dont pay attention to other teams coaches, but we need to play offense like Alabama, run hard and knock the defenses around, we have to OL recruits to have a solid OLine and running game. Just need the OC to take advantage.

1.Is it just me, or is it that I keep seeing the same three plays over and over again, I am sick of it.

2 Then our O line getting manhandled every play, when they are not busy doing that they are raking up penalty yards left and right.

3. Helu is one of the best running backs in the Big12, why am I not seeing him more in the game, this is partially due to #2, but don't give up on the run so fing quickly, we have no balanced attack, I don't even know what our offense is anymore, looks more like a bunch of crappy west coast bs

I'm probably way out in left field, but Zac Lee doesn't even look like a Division 1 QB to me, much less the starter for Nebraska. I wish the kid well, though - it ain't for lack of effort.

Well said. Lee seems like a very passionate player, and passion can pull out some wins...just not against the tougher opponents.

At this point, I think you go back to the run game and use Green's legs to help accomplish this. It will hopefully give the defense more time to rest and really show the nation how good they are. :clap

If Watson goes, Bo will hire someone who runs the offense with the intensity that Bo coaches the defense. I dont pay attention to other teams coaches, but we need to play offense like Alabama, run hard and knock the defenses around, we have to OL recruits to have a solid OLine and running game. Just need the OC to take advantage.

Absolutely! We need an offense that can also exercise some ball control and do the 8 minute drives if we ask it. Be physical and wear the other D down late in the game. Build an O like that and I'll guarantee you at least 10 wins/season every year.

another thing that baffles me is how we seem to have a WR problem, and IMO our best receiver is McNeil, so why are we running so much 4wr? I understand that we want to "spread teh d out to open running game" but so does the other team. McNeil should be in on as many snaps as Helu, not to mention that our other TE have looked good too.