Zack Lee or Cody Green

In speaking with some friends that went to yesterdays game, they all said the same thing. NU needs to a find a QB and both Lee and Green aren't it.

you're judging a guy off of 16 plays? most were after the game had been decided. Green at least deserves the same opportunities lee was given

I'm not judging him. They are. They saw him play - I didn't.

Here is my biggest concern. Lee was not productive against MU and he was not productive against TT. The coaches see more than we do. Just how not ready is Green if he isn't starting over Lee?

The kid is a true freshman who is involved in a highly, yet not as Callahan-highly, complex offensive play book.

This situation happens all the time in football. One guy out-performs in practice, the other guy may play better in game situations.

I think the coaches are giving Lee some leash, considering his great performance in 3 of 4 non-con games. Now that he has looked poor against better than average teams, things are going to be re-considered. Lee also knows more of the play book, a disadvantage to Cody.

This is like saying your 10 year old son won't be a good football player some day because he got tackled in the back field in his pop-warner game <_<

you couldn't be more wrong than it you tried.

I bet Watson was happy that Green didn't score at the end or he would have had to explain his reasoning of pulling Green after his two passes were dropped by the receivers and putting Zac back in for another series.

yeah if our recivers were to catch those balls Green through, then we would have been 17 to 24 by the time TTech scored again and also the last seris Zack played wouldn't have taken 7 FREAKIN MINUTES that is horrible time management i mean come on we were down 2+ scores and zack took his sweet time just to throw the ball 10 yards out of the endzone

unbelievable

start green but then again what about Latravis Washington?? he is a junior why not give him a shot?

In speaking with some friends that went to yesterdays game, they all said the same thing. NU needs to a find a QB and both Lee and Green aren't it.

you're judging a guy off of 16 plays? most were after the game had been decided. Green at least deserves the same opportunities lee was given

I'm not judging him. They are. They saw him play - I didn't.

Here is my biggest concern. Lee was not productive against MU and he was not productive against TT. The coaches see more than we do. Just how not ready is Green if he isn't starting over Lee?

The kid is a true freshman who is involved in a highly, yet not as Callahan-highly, complex offensive play book.

This situation happens all the time in football. One guy out-performs in practice, the other guy may play better in game situations.

I think the coaches are giving Lee some leash, considering his great performance in 3 of 4 non-con games. Now that he has looked poor against better than average teams, things are going to be re-considered. Lee also knows more of the play book, a disadvantage to Cody.

This is like saying your 10 year old son won't be a good football player some day because he got tackled in the back field in his pop-warner game <_<

you couldn't be more wrong than it you tried.

If you think it's ridiculous, then think about how ridiculous your "friends" sound.

Green has played in two blow out games, and in practical garbage time against TT.

Nobody knows anything about Green. We don't know how he will handle pressure when the game is on the line, we don't know if he has big play ability, and heck we don't even know if the kid is capable of running as well as he did against two Sun Belt teams.

Judging him is, in essence, like judging a young guy who has just started playing football. You know nothing about the kid. You can't rule him out yet, because you have nothing to rule him out with.

Don't forget, this kid played in the hardest football division in TEXAS, where most players end up going to D1 schools.

Im for change!

(haha pun)

But after watching Lee play all of these games I know a few things about him or I think I know.

1) Kids got alot of heart, plays his ass off and runs down the field to get blocks because our Oline and WR Core doesn't do it.

2) He can't nail a WR worth a damn, its allways behind them, every other pass is either overthrown, behind, or at their feet.

3) At the start of the year he showed good pocket sense, now hes kind of fallen apart which might be due to our Oline.

Green.. well all i know about him is that he has a cannon, hes 6'4", and hes new. So ill go for the new guy for now.

GBR.

If I'm the coach I do a number of things this week.

First, we are going to install four basic power run plays. They can be anything––doesn't matter. The offensive line is going to do noting from sunup to sundown but run these four plays. They are going to be told that no matter what Iowa State does on defense, we are running the ball forty times.

Second, I let Cody know that he's going to get the start. Why? Because whatever horrors may come with this decision, it's better than the alternative. Lee plays and probably has a decent game, but so what? Oklahoma and Kansas are still on the horizon. Green is the future and he needs the ISU and Baylor game to get himself assimilated. This will be good for him. Two games the defense should be able to win by itself and then a wounded Oklahoma team.

Third, I have a long meeting with Watson about how he is going to be conducting this offense from now on. I would tell him, very plainly, that Nebraska WILL be a running team by season's end. If he can't accomplish it, we'll find someone who can. Mention this to Cotton while you're at it. I would be operating under the assumption that he will need to be replaced by season's end and looking into candidates starting tomorrow. (It's harsh, but his track record is horrendous.) In fact the whole offensive staff should be briefed on the expectations for this program. Thirty rushes for seventy yards at Nebraska against a mediocre defense is totally unacceptable.

Look i have never been a green guy. Lee is our starter and i stood buy him. But after yesterdays performance. The whole O was at fault but to be the leader youve got to step up. I saw him hesitate, i saw him hold back. You cant do that. When the games on the line and your ass is up against the wall. You run, i mean no offence but lee was never going to be NFL QB so he might as well move his ass and do what he can do for the team. But if your not going to do the put someoen in there who will. If your a reciever and yoru not willing to lower your shoulder to get a few more yards for them game then you dont belong here. I saw green step up, much like ganz did when whats his hype got hirt. You can be a 5 star stud, but if your not will ing to bear down and take the hits. Then you have no use on this team.

I will say that I was wrong about Lee at the beginning of the season. I mocked a fellow poster in here when he said Green will be starting halfway through the season. While I don't know what the coaches will actually do, I do know that Green is the one who should be starting.

Green looks comfortable and doesn't look like he's about to poop his pants. Sure he threw an interception, but he may have been trying to make a big play this team so desperately needed. Bottom line is if Green starts we will have some growing pain, but I think he can put points on the board. He runs better, he's stronger, and he knows when to step up in the pocket.

Start Green at ISU!