Zack Lee or Cody Green

This Lee vs. Green thing reminds me of Ohio State last year. Terrelle Pryor was the obvious guy for the job, but it took the team awhile before they realized that. He's young as hell, inexperienced as hell, but I think he shows better poise and better potential. He's not going to work miracles right away, but we might as well put him in. Look how Pryor turned out by the end of the year.. damn near beat Texas by himself. It's doubtful Green will be as good as Pryor was last year, but we can learn from their mistakes in my opinion.

How about Ohio State this year? I'm hearing a lot of similar unrest about removing Pryor this year...

As for Lee v Green. I've been looking at the other faults our offense. But maybe now is the time to just put in Green. There are so many potential positives or negatives about making the change (as evident in this thread). But maybe this change will help change other areas? I don't advocate change for the sake of change, but maybe this is what we need.

Green definitely deserves the chance. We don't know his ceiling, but we definitely know Lee's. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a sore back from being stooped over walking around under it. So what if Green lays an egg, we can put Lee in in the 2nd qtr. There's a chance he'll play better off the bench. If there is a guy who doesn't look like he's handling the pressure of being ''the starter,'' it is Lee!

I think we see Lee start the ISU game but Green will get some snaps in the first half regardless of how Lee plays. Each will get about half the snaps to see who came prove themselves.

Lee isn't the worst QB we have had, but I did notice that he seems to change the play a lot at the line. Multiple times he wouldn't get the snap off until a few seconds remaining. I realize Green had a delay of game penalty, rookie mistake and he will make many more before the season is over if he is the starter.

By the end of the season I can see Green starting. He doesn't seem to get as rattled as Lee does in the pocket and he can also make things happen with his feet if the pocket collapses. That extra mobility allows the receivers a few more seconds to attempt to get open before he has to take off and run it.

I have a feeing your'e right, but I hate the idea of splitting time. He who has two quarterbacks has none. The evidence is in, the jury returned from their chambers. The sentence––Lee is unfit for duty. There's nothing more to discuss. Three BCS performances, three failures (one of which was saved as much by blind luck and necessity as skill). Green needs the time. Even reading ISU and Baylor defenses is vital for his development. If you wait until Lee bombs again, you'll have only wasted opportunities Green could have made good on.

I will be so pissed if we do the 2 quarterback thing (although I know we will b/c Shawn Watson is our offensive coordinator). As much as I want Green to start, I would rather see Lee start than have 2 quarterbacks.

Because when has Watson EVER employed a 2 QB system?

I think we all just need to cool off a bit from this game. Pound ISU, no matter who's out there playing (I hope it's Lee but understand if people feel differently), and then we can feel better about ourselves for at least a week.

Ah, being a fan...

BTW, I disagree that we "know" Lee's ceiling. He's a junior, and he's had what, all of six starts? There is plenty of time for him to progress and settle into the game. ZT wasn't doing so hot in the first half of that season either, and he turned out pretty darn good for us. Made a lot of good steps up between years 1 and 2. Lee could see the same improvement. I think we just have an inflated expectation for our O right now, and they are falling shockingly below that level. If our mindset was that we'd take some lickings from losing the guys we did (Ganz, Swift, Peterson, 2 OL draft picks), we'd be a bit more patient with this process. Lee's still being broken in. Will he have forever? No. But I think these next two games will give us a very good indication.

Because when has Watson EVER employed a 2 QB system?

I think we all just need to cool off a bit from this game. Pound ISU, no matter who's out there playing (I hope it's Lee but understand if people feel differently), and then we can feel better about ourselves for at least a week.

Ah, being a fan...

BTW, I disagree that we "know" Lee's ceiling. He's a junior, and he's had what, all of six starts? There is plenty of time for him to progress and settle into the game. ZT wasn't doing so hot in the first half of that season either, and he turned out pretty darn good for us. Made a lot of good steps up between years 1 and 2. Lee could see the same improvement. I think we just have an inflated expectation for our O right now, and they are falling shockingly below that level. If our mindset was that we'd take some lickings from losing the guys we did (Ganz, Swift, Peterson, 2 OL draft picks), we'd be a bit more patient with this process. Lee's still being broken in. Will he have forever? No. But I think these next two games will give us a very good indication.

Things may have not always have been rosy with ZT, but he stayed in the pocket, under tremendous pressure and always made a play. Lee doesn't have 1/10th the poise of Zach Taylor. He isn't going to change! What happened when they put in Ganz? Instant offense where there was none before. Nothing is going to change after 6 games with Lee. You are not thinking clearly if you think he will be a different player over the second half. If he doesn't get it by now, he never will. We will only waste more time by keeping him as the starter. I will be shocked if Lee starts next week. I will lose a lot of faith in our coaches also.

I honestly don't see a Big 12 North team that can score more than 17 points on our defense. If the offense gets a spark, we can sweep the North.

I disagree. KU is in Lawrence. They have the best receiving tandem in the nation, a MAJOR gamer in Reesing, and a solid rushing attack. Their O-line is nothing special, but they'll score points on us.

We'll have to have the O going to beat them.

As far as Lee vs Green goes I say give the kid a shot. Lee just doesn't seem like a gamer. He has physical tools to trash the Sunbelt teams, but doesn't seem to have the confidence, intangibles, and competitive edge that makes a guy like Reesing special. Green will make his share of rookie goofs and will throw his share of crappy passes. But he'll put the rock down field and make plays with his feet, what Lee seems way to hesitant to do. Plus he's got upside. It would be nice if Green could understudy longer but this O needs a spark and some leadership.

In speaking with some friends that went to yesterdays game, they all said the same thing. NU needs to a find a QB and both Lee and Green aren't it.

How is Green not it? He might not be today, but the kid I think has the makings of a great QB at NU.

Where else are we going to find a QB that isn't Lee or Green today anyway?

All all said the same thing.

1. Green can't read a D

2. He has a gun for an arm but God knows where it's going to go

Where to find one today will be tough. But they all said same thing in seperate conversations. They all can't be wrong.

Sure they can. Wrong Opinion.

Fixed it for you

The fact of the matter is they can't all be wrong.

Lee may be faster with straight forward speed, but Green looks alot quicker when on the field.

I still think we should start Green because then the zone read would actually be a threat. In my opinion, that's one play we should hang our hat on the rest of the year. Although, knowing Watson, he will run it once and if it doesn't net 10+ yards, he will totally abandon it.

Get Callahan Version 2.0 out of there!