Huskers vs Cyclones

Isu will be able to score points on the huskers. Stop being delusional about how great you think your defense is. Outside of a boy named suh, your defense is pretty average. Aurnad will be able to move the ball....the real question is can u score? U should be able to run the ball very well against isu. The clones have the worst defensiveine in the big 12.

Texas Tech gained 254 total yards, their lowest output since 2000. You're an idiot if you think Nebraska's defense is average. ISU will not score more than 10-14 offensive points on the Huskers. But that might just get it done against this dreadfull Husker offense.

Just the mere thought or discussion of NU losing to ISU should be enough to have The Husker Nation up in arms. Being played close or losing to ISU can only generate the following. How far has NU Football dropped and how much further can it drop?

I'm not too worried. ISU had a chance against KU's defense, I don't think they have one against ours. Their strength (running the ball) plays into our strength (defending the run). VaTech is a better running team than ISU, and our DL stuffed them.

It really hurts how timid we are with predicting this game because of how much our offense sucks.

I hate not being confident that we can put points on the board.

With the playcalling I saw on Saturday (seriously, did we run variations of only 6 plays) I have no confidence that we'll move the ball.

It really hurts how timid we are with predicting this game because of how much our offense sucks.

I hate not being confident that we can put points on the board.

With the playcalling I saw on Saturday (seriously, did we run variations of only 6 plays) I have no confidence that we'll move the ball.

Honestly, the more I look and read about our offensive troubles, I think a lot it just stems on Zac Lee being too timid. It seems like he is trying very hard to not make a mistake out there, but when you are playing quarterback at a high profile school like Nebraska, you have no room to be timid. Either you want to win or you want to play it safe, and he is playing it really safe against big time teams.

ISU will gain yards, but it will not translate into points. Defense is the strong suit of our team (i still can't believe I'm saying that), and we still have by far and away the best defense in the Big 12 North. If you think Suh is all we have, then I suggest checking out the stats for the TT game. Phillip Dillard had 12 tackles and 4 TFL's according to rivals, and I also remember seeing Crick and Pierre Allen get sacks in that game. Sure, the defense gave up 24 points, but when your offense isn't doing ANYTHING and is constantly giving your defense a short field to defend TT, they are going to get points.

If Lee is the starter, and if he starts competing, then this will be a big game for the Huskers. If he chooses to be timid, well we won't score more than 28 points.

If Green is the starter, he has already proven that he is a strong competitor no matter who the competition. Even if he has a tough game in his first start, we will still score quite a few points.

My prediction.

Nebraska w/ Lee playing-

NU-3

ISU-0

Alex Henery banks one off the post from 65 yards to win it with 12 seconds left in the game.

Nebraska w/Green playing-

Nebraska- 28

ISU-3

Green fumbles early deep in own territory, D "gives up" a field goal. But that's about it.

I don't see Iowa State scoring, to be perfectly honest.

More likely he throws a pick 6 since he hit 3 Tech defenders right in the hands.

I think he throws three ints. :)

at least.

if ARob is healthy, the clones will score all right. If Arnaud gets a hot hand, they'll score plenty. both are kinda banged up.

BTW- talk about well kept secret: the clones have a tackling machine at lb. he makes running the ball a little more difficult.

you probably don't even know who he is. ;)

and who knows?

maybe they'll get lucky.

Bowl Subdivision (FBS) National Team Report

Turnovers Gained

Year: 2009 Thru: 10/17/09 Minimum Pct. of Games Played

Rank Name Turnovers Gained

1 Ohio 23

2 Iowa 22

3 Air Force 21

4 SMU 20

5 Arizona St. 19

5 Texas 19

7 Northwestern 18

7 Rutgers 18

7 Washington St. 18

10 East Carolina 17

10 Kansas St. 17

10 Ohio St. 17

10 South Fla. 17

10 Wisconsin 17

15 Colorado St. 16

15 Connecticut 16

15 Georgia Tech 16

15 Iowa St. 16

15 Kent St. 16

15 Oklahoma 16

15 Oregon 16

15 Purdue 16

23 Alabama 15

23 Florida St. 15

Optimism, I love it. But ISU stands no chance. I actually feel bad for them. After BP gets done this week the Huskers will be looking for some game action just to get away from him.

NU by 30+

:rollin

no chance? the way the north has been lately?

everybody has a chance. some chances are just smaller than others. ;)

BTW- if someone had told me that TT would beat Neb by three touchdowns.

guess what I woulda said?

that's right...

NO CHANCE!

BTW- talk about well kept secret: the clones have a tackling machine at lb. he makes running the ball a little more difficult.

you probably don't even know who he is. ;)

Jesse Smith and I've been talking about him for three years on here (however...apparently no one has paid any attention... <_< )

A throwback to the Dick Butkus/Ray Nitschke school of linebacking...slow but will send your head rolling if he gets to you.

Oh...and the best part...he's a former walk-on proving once again that you don't have to have 3-5 stars beside your name to make it in D-I football.

And by your best friend, you mean...you. Keep hating - it makes it all the better when we win.

Sincerely,

The loss against Texas Tech.

Hey, are you a TT fan? Or are you a bigredboard poster or just a BCer? I can't tell.

If you are a TT fan, thats cool, you should rip on NU fans right now, I know I would make fun of TT fans if NU had won. IF you are a bigredboard poster or a BCer well then, thats just funny.

I just read the opening statement about the cyclones winning, from what I have seen it seems like the defense takes too much time getting signals from the sideline, If Iowa St. picks up tempo on offense i think they might be able to get something going in the air. As far as it comes on the ground, I think we will stop them completely. Look for Watson to maybe go less 50/50 run/throw and more 70/30, if that is what Coach meant by "smash mouth". Then again he might of said it just because he was in a blood rage from the loss. Either way hopefully we see play calling that is Playing to Score and win the game, instead of this play not to lose.

Watson needs to forget the trick plays and concentrate on man on man, basic football, lineup and beat your guy, play after play, look for the mismatch, get O'Neill more involved and throw some swing passes to the RB's....letting Cody run from the QB spot would not be a bad call either, at least a few QB draws.