The "Change the Offense" rants are Stupid!!

You know what the bottom line is? It's the middle of the second season in Pelini's head coaching career. He said from the start this was going to be a long road and there would be problems and hurdles to overcome.

In a way it's unfortunate we improved so much last season because I think a lot of people have forgotten that this really will be a long road to rebuilding the program. Things like this are going to happen. I shudder to think we'll see meltdowns like this each time we stumble some over the next few seasons.

Ganz won ZERO big games and why is he praised, because he won 9 games, won a minor bowl vs a team whose coach was fired in mid season? This offense is to complex and NU can't recruit the athletes to run it like USC!

Dumbest thing I've ever read. This offense is not the "West Coast Offense" anymore. It's gravitated to a scheme which caters to less talented athletes.

It's built to succeed when the QB can avoid the rush and find open wideouts whom have to improvise. If you can't see the schematic similarities to what KU does, then you're nuts.

With this current defense, NU would be rolling teams if we had "Ganzlike" Production. Your post is ignorant. Secondly, put this same defense on the field last year, and Ganz probably goes 11-1.

I do agree that Lee is the main problem on offense. Certainly not the only problem--the line, the receivers and Watson have all been questionable at times--but it starts with the QB, and Lee has been atrocious 90% of the time during our three real games.

Did the offensive line look bad against Texas Tech? Yes, but remember we rushed for 200+ on VT, so they are capable of clearing holes. They are inconsistent but not terrible.

Did the receivers drop balls? Yes, about four or five of them, but how many did they actually get an opportunity to catch downfield? Drops are always tough to take, but you forget about them a lot quicker if you are actually stretching the field and racking up 300+ pass yards and 20+ points.

Did Watson makes some questionable play calls? Yes, but you're pretty limited when your QB refuses to pull the trigger on anything further than five yards, your only experienced back is banged up and your offensive line is inconsistent.

People saying Joe Montana, Tommie Frazier or Joe Ganz could not have done any better are just plain wrong IMO.

With QB play as poor as it was, the offense looked hopeless. But with a QB able to read the coverage and willing to pull the trigger on medium and deep routes with the necessary confidence, rhythm, accuracy, etc. the whole offense suddenly looks a whole lot more competent.

I'm not buying the if we had Joey "pick 6" Ganz in there that we'd be 6-0. We might be moving the ball better, but we'd be turning it over more as well. Maybe if we had Swift and Peterson back, Lee's numbers and the offensive output would be better.

:yeah

I think Ganz gets more credit then he should and Swift/Peterson get less then they should. It helps to have 2 wideouts that knew how to get open.

We'd have two guys open and a qb who wouldn't throw it to them. Cody will at least try. It is a simple fact that Lee has so much nervous energy that he can't tell what is going on around him. I have no idea what he is thinking about, but his mind is racing about a lot more than finding an open guy based on the coverage and delivering the ball. I bet if you put ZL on some sort of anti-anxiety medication, he would play a lot better. I can't remember who it was, but somebody on the board mentioned all of the phony, I'm enjoying all of this, smiling Lee was doing early on at Missouri as a guy who was in over his head and scared. Boy, was he right!

The "Change the Offense" rants are Stupid!!, Change the QB!!

You know whats stupid..?

A Junior quarterback as nervous and hesitant as a virgin on prom night.

Offensive plays from an "offensive master" that can be predicted by the fans in the stands so well that they call it out before it happens again and again.. (Saw it Saturday!)

An offensive line that collapses and makes high school fundamental mistakes against a very mediocre Big XII defense.

Receivers who catch about as well as my deceased grandmother.

Receivers and Offensive linemen who stand saying duuuhhhhhhh, holding their jocks in one hand a waving with the other while the opponet runs an incomplete backward pass 82 yards back for a touchdown.

Primarily I blame the offensive coaches for the lack of fundamental discipline on this team. It is their primary responsibility to prepare these players to execute. While the players made the mistakes on the field the coaches get the heat. Thats the way it goes.. If you think it's stupid , tough!

WE NEED TO CUT THE LAST TIE TO THAT TRAVESHAMOCKEY THAT WAS THE CALLAHAN ADMINSTRATION AND GET ON WITH REBUILDING THIS PROGRAM!

Primarily I blame the offensive coaches for the lack of fundamental discipline on this team. It is their primary responsibility to prepare these players to execute. While the players made the mistakes on the field the coaches get the heat. Thats the way it goes.. If you think it's stupid , tough!

Do you blame Ron Brown, Barney Cotton, Tim Beck or are you laying the blame only at the feet of Watson and Gilmore because they coached with Billy C?

Does this play out better in ppl's heads? 6-0 with Ganz? That dude had senior leadership at WR. He could count on Swift, Pederson, Nunn and Purify when things were bad. Who does Lee have? Plus Ganz had Murtha and Slauson in there. Zac Lee has not played well since the first few games, but come on man. It's not limited to him.. the o-line and recievers are a huge part of the mess. I'm okay with Green starting or getting his chance. But who gets to start and right and left tackle? What about right guard? And who is going to start at WR too? Dont just address QB. Address the entire offense.

That's why you put in the QB that adds another dimension to your offense. Ganz had two very dependable recievers last year. Our recievers just aren't very good.

I just don't buy this argument guys. If Ganz was still here, he would be finding open receivers. Our QB play has completely destroyed our offense. Most innexperienced QB's need about 2 or 3 games before things start to click. Lee has digressed.

It's time to cut our losses and ride the Green Train.

We can still win the North by default with Green at the helm. Get him place now, and we will be better in the long run.

We can still win the North by default with Green at the helm? Does Pelini know this? Forget the offense, just win by default by inserting Green? Really? :dumdum

Come on dawg, come up with something that has some substance. I at least mentioned the offensive line and recievers.

All of them have to shoulder some of the blame as well as the players, but primarily I blame Watson. Not just because of Billy C, but because he is ultimately responsible for the offense. Bo is willing to accept it on his own shoulders. Watson should be too.

Barney Cotton needs to take his share of blame too. Offensive line play is embarrassing - we let Texas Tech's defensive ends through on every play