Guess who's going back to the ground game?

I am saying we are starting over.

Not the thing you do in the middle of the season.

These kids are not road graders, they are less talented than those they have faced. We may fare well against Iowa state, but my guess is Baylor will be very ready for us.

Oklahoma will beat us to death.

Kansas is drueling over the thought.

We have to have a forward passing game. Not the dinks and dunks they have been doing. We have to stretch the field it appears to me, get some of the defense off the line of scrimmage. Quit running the RB left again left and again left then throw in a RB to the right. It is almost like watching Solich's offense.

Use what we have. We have a TE that should be on the field every single play. He puts a little fear into them.

We have a dinged up running back and no one behind him that impressed me this weekend.

Yea that makes great sense to me.

It sure the heck is the thing to do when your offense worthless! How much proof do you need? You just can't believe your own eyes?? Or maybe you refuse to deal with the reality of our offense getting stuffed like sardines every time we play a decent to good defense?? Maybe we should just pretend the offense is moving the ball just fine??

These kids are not road graders, they are less talented than those they have faced. We may fare well against Iowa state, but my guess is Baylor will be very ready for us.

Baylor won't be that ready. We will still win that game by at least two td's.

Without Sam Bradford they won't. He is probably done for the season, even if his injury is better.

You saw that Kansas got beat by Colorado of all teams, right?

We have to have a forward passing game. Not the dinks and dunks they have been doing. We have to stretch the field it appears to me, get some of the defense off the line of scrimmage. Quit running the RB left again left and again left then throw in a RB to the right. It is almost like watching Solich's offense.

Use what we have. We have a TE that should be on the field every single play. He puts a little fear into them.

We have a dinged up running back and no one behind him that impressed me this weekend.

I agree with the bolded part.

Yes you do. A good coach adjusts on the fly.

This is exactly what we did last year after Missouri. Remember how everyone was down on the offense then, asking for Wats and Cotton to be let go? All of the sudden we change to our personnel and we win games. Same thing could be happening now.

I would like them to figure it out earlier, however.

I like this idea. The next two teams are teams that we should be able to beat with a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offensive mentality. Put it on the shoulders of the O-line, challenge them and their manhood to make this happen, get them to develop a mean and nasty streak (well, hopefully without the penalties). Hopefully if they can develop this mentaility over the next couple of games, we should be in the Big 12 championship at the end of the season. But, if the O-line does not "get their heads in the game" so to speak over the next two games, well, it is going to be a loooonnggg season.

I like the sound of re-working the offense a bit.

Granted, it kind of stinks, considering the team has spent all this time since spring ball working on this entire offense. But, if they coaches are going to narrow it down and play to their strengths, well then I'm all for it.

If we have to run double tight end sets all game to move the football, so be it. If we have to run reverses all day to run the football, I don't care. They just need to figure out what they have on this team and make it work. We have talent, trust me. We just aren't executing. I think this team got a jolt after the big loss and falling out of the rankings. They'll be ready this Saturday.

"We're gonna go out there and run the ball out of every set we've got and see what works best for us,” Hickman said after practice Monday. “When they're committed to the run at that level I really like that. It's now on our shoulders.”

I feel like the opposing coaches can read this, should we really have our players reveal our game plan?

"We're gonna go out there and run the ball out of every set we've got and see what works best for us,” Hickman said after practice Monday. “When they're committed to the run at that level I really like that. It's now on our shoulders.”

I feel like the opposing coaches can read this, should we really have our players reveal our game plan?

Doesn't matter if you give them the playbook as long as you execute it. However with the way the offense has been playing I wouldn't say anything if I was Hickman. :lol:

What did he reveal other than they have to worry about more? There were certain formations that were all but guaranteed passes (the WR screen that got pick 6'd at OU last year), now they're saying we'll run out of any of them, or be more multiple. That just gives the other coach something else to think about (I won't say worry about, because I doubt many are worried about our offense right now).