The 'Booing' Topic

Landlord

Those of you saying "it's ok that the fans were booing, because it was obviously at the refs" are dead wrong. There was a lot of booing at the refs, but the boos I heard in the 4th quarter after every pass play that went for less than 5 yards were NOT directed at the refs.

Even if they were, you really think the players can tell the difference? If you think it's fine to boo the players then I guess I don't have anything to say other than "you are wrong", but if you don't and are still justifying the fans booing I think you need to realize that if you are a player on the field and you hear boos it might not be that easy to understand that they aren't directed at you.

This didn't need it's own thread, but some of the attitudes I am seeing regarding this topic are truly disgusting in my opinion. :dunno

Those of you saying "it's ok that the fans were booing, because it was obviously at the refs" are dead wrong. There was a lot of booing at the refs, but the boos I heard in the 4th quarter after every pass play that went for less than 5 yards were NOT directed at the refs.

Even if they were, you really think the players can tell the difference? If you think it's fine to boo the players then I guess I don't have anything to say other than "you are wrong", but if you don't and are still justifying the fans booing I think you need to realize that if you are a player on the field and you hear boos it might not be that easy to understand that they aren't directed at you.

This didn't need it's own thread, but some of the attitudes I am seeing regarding this topic are truly disgusting in my opinion. :dunno

I don't remember the boo's at that point.. i remember people bitching that lee couldn't throw a pass, but i don't remember the boos... not that they didn't happen, they probably did.. too busy trying to block that garbage out of my head.

The people who boo should give me their tickets to the games because I can never get any tickets no matter what. Kick their butts out and give me the tickets, at least 2 !!!!!

I remember hearing the boos after Lee misfired on a really bad pass out of the endzone sometime in the third quarter.

I ended up watching some of the game later that day again (I DVR'd it) and I heard some of the commentators talking about it.

Booing is despicable at this point in Pelini's career/this team's season. I can't believe that in only a years time some of the fans have already become spoiled with Nebraska's success.

As soon as people start realizing that it won't be like the 90's ever again, our fan base will be able to be that much better.

I wasnt at the game, i was watching it on TV, i didnt hear any boos during the 4th quarter or even after the game. But if they were going on at that time, then im ashamed of some of our fans.

Whatever happened to...

"If we should lose, we stand by the road, and cheer as the winners go by."

The people who boo should give me their tickets to the games because I can never get any tickets no matter what. Kick their butts out and give me the tickets, at least 2 !!!!!

Hey RedGix whatever happened to that: "will be pulling for good teams from now on like Florida, Alabama, Virginia Tech etc. They know how to win games. I won't root against the Huskers but I will never watch them again.

As bad as they are, Husker tickets should sell for no more than 5 or 10 a ticket. Charging any more is a rip-off to watch that circus..."

now on-topic whats so wrong about booing? players do something good they pose like superman, they wanna get clapped on the shoulder then they should be able to takes some booing. This ain't JV football

Booing, when the team and coaches are stinking up the joint, is always 100% acceptable. To say booing is not acceptable is just wrong.

Fans pay damn good money and expect their team to produce. When they don't succeed they have every right to let their team know they are not living up to their expectations.

Then show your "support" for your team by not patronizing the game. Booing is classless at any level of any competition. People with this mindset are a shining example of the problems I have with our once great country.

Booing, when the team and coaches are stinking up the joint, is always 100% acceptable. To say booing is not acceptable is just wrong.

Fans pay damn good money and expect their team to produce. When they don't succeed they have every right to let their team know they are not living up to their expectations.

Then show your "support" for your team by not patronizing the game. Booing is classless at any level of any competition. People with this mindset are a shining example of the problems I have with our once great country.

:yeah

No matter what side of the booing debate you are on the once great country thing got me going. While I agree with the statement "once great country" to a point. I don't think booing is a part of the problem. I think just the opposite. Adversity builds charechter and valuable lessons are learned hard. Too many things are handed out and given away. Too little accountability and too much candy a$$ing when things get hard. Booing when something stinks is fine! Especially if you are putting yourself on a stage by choice in front of 85,000 people! You can expect almost anything.

You can gauge the attitude of Nebraskans by what you are hearing in the stands. It's not just distain for the product on the field. Things are getting strange and they show in every part of our lives. Bickering in the stands, rudeness, and booing shows it. I saw it all Saturday at Memorial Stadium, East Stadium. Section 7.

Booing is part of that great given right our forefathers promised us. Freedom of speech.

Unfortunately they didn't promise college football players "Freedom From Booing."

I will cheer effort, I will cheer determination, I will stand up on 3rd and 4th down and make noise, I will cheer when the odds are stacked against..

but , I will Boo bad calls. I will boo poor effort and I will boo bad coaching. I'm not afraid to speak my mind and I'm not afraid for others to hear it. If you disagree with what I have to say. Thats fine. For the time being we still have that great thing called the first amendment.

So only cheering is allowed at a game? Talk about being wrong.

I suppose you are against wins and loses for youth sports as well. For heavens, we don't want people to know when they aren't succeeding and living up to expectations. :rolleyes:

I love listening to Collin Cowherd and he sums things up very well. College Football is all about entertainment, it is their job to entertain you, if you spend good money and are not being entertained what recourse do you have to express your disatisfaction at the lack of entertaining? If the product cannot abide by fans expressing their displeasure then don't charge admission.

If we are going to boo when things aren't going our way then what seperates us from every other fan base in college football.

NOTHING.

Fans are fans. Nebraska fans might think they are better and might buy into the media hype that we are so great and can do no wrong. When it comes down to it we aren't any different than anybody else. We have been let down for too long and we are tired of losing the kind of games we lost on Saturday and it's showing.

Nebraska fans = Humans = Human Nature= Often not nice

The only true degree of separation between Nebraska fans and other college football fans are.

We generally don't assault opposing fans.

We aren't AS verbally abusive and visitors aren't afraid to come here.

We have sold out memorial stadium 301 times showing immaculate loyalty.

Some of us golf clap opponents win or lose at the end of home games.